Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Stars VIP Wild speculation (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=291750)

bball904 12-30-2006 03:43 PM

Re: Stars VIP Wild speculation

Scotty,

Thanks for the info and constant professionalism. I can't tell you how pleased I am that I left Party for good in March after being jacked around for months with undefined and unexplainable VIP promotions. Stars is da bomb!

As far as people complaining about the new VIP structure, I simply don't get it. First of all, realize that we are already getting 30%+ effective rb as Supernova's. I can personally testify to that as I just claimed a $3,000 gift card from the concierge service this week. (The wife is happy about that, btw!) Granted the overwhelming benefits are likely unattainable to most and the best I can likely hope for is probably the 200k and maybe 300k rewards, but c'mon, a weekly $50,000 freeroll! Sack up and perform and that tourney alone could provide huge benefits over the course of the year.

Thanks again!

KLJ 12-30-2006 03:45 PM

its not even possible for me to get this at 200NL

that's like 1.9M hands and i dont think anyone can play 170k hands/month

nothing really to shoot for anymore, ill just play however much i play, and get where i get.

kind of disappointed to be honest

MicroBob 12-30-2006 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I guarantee you that Novas will not bother with the 20k, especially for $7 in tourney EV. Maybe the 50k.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm SN and will frequently be playing the $20k in an extra window on the side.

I'm already going to be playing the $50k anyway so what's the big deal about signing-up for a 'free' $7-value tourney?

I just signed-up for the silly weekly silver-star freeroll btw. If I have some place to go I can always ditch it.

Scottyy 12-30-2006 04:07 PM

Another positive with the freerolls is many players that win jump into the biggest game they can afford. I'm amazed how many times I look to see what the freeroll winner did with the money and they lost it playing in a ring game at a level they never played before. A lot of this money comes back into the games you play. The $50 value may not mean much to you but when this player sits in your game with $1000 it doesn't mean you didn't benefit from the freeroll.

Scotty

MicroBob 12-30-2006 04:10 PM

Arrrgh - sorry to rain on your parade Scottyy, but this is the 2nd time I've seen a Stars rep reference how they are checking out what a player is doing with their money, looking at how much they win or lose, etc.

Maybe this is common practice at a lot of sites for the reps to sit around and do this. But I'm not really sure I like it very much.

[ QUOTE ]

Another positive with the freerolls is many players that win jump into the biggest game they can afford. I'm amazed how many times I look to see what the freeroll winner did with the money and they lost it playing in a ring game at a level they never played before. A lot of this money comes back into the games you play. The $50 value may not mean much to you but when this player sits in your game with $1000 it doesn't mean you didn't benefit from the freeroll.

Scotty

[/ QUOTE ]

Assani Fisher 12-30-2006 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Level rewards will be one time offers at each level. We should have a guess on what date someone will hit 500k VPPs in 2007. I'll take April 22nd.

Scotty

[/ QUOTE ]
I take mid Feb, on the condition that ElkY hasn't got any holidays planned during that period.

[/ QUOTE ]what games does he play to get there so quickly?

KLJ 12-30-2006 04:20 PM

i think donkaments

LearnedfromTV 12-30-2006 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think donkaments

[/ QUOTE ]

specifically single table.

multis are actually by far the worst in terms of fpp/table hour.

Assani Fisher 12-30-2006 04:23 PM

Bob, why does it matter if a rep sees what a player is playing? Its not like they're sharing the info with others or anything.

ryanghall 12-30-2006 04:24 PM

Bob,

Scottyy is obviously a fairly important guy at Stars and I'm sure they look at what people do with the money when they consider how to shape their VIP program. I really don't see the big deal. Is it bad if Lee Jones looks at your stats? How about the President or CEO of Stars? Some people are going to when decisions need to be made and frankly, I trust Scottyy.

Ryan