Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What would be the best sport to be a pro athlete in? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=27750)

Kamakaze22 02-05-2006 06:08 AM

Re: What would be the best sport to be a pro athlete in?

tl;dr but I know I could be the Bo Jackson of masturbation if it ever gets sanctioned

Hellrazor 02-05-2006 10:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Most punters/kickers don't make THAT much money. Most punters make 250-300k, which isn't horrible, but is nothing compared to what a lot of athletes make. The highest paid kicker in the NFL, going into next year, is Neil Rackers at 1.8 million.

I don't see how golf isn't the #1 answer in terms of money/health. I'd say baseball is probably 2nd.

[/ QUOTE ]

Years Experience Minimum Salary
0 $230,000
1 $305,000
2 $380,000
3 $455,000
4-6 $540,000
7-9 $665,000
10+ $765,000

EvilSmurf 02-05-2006 01:06 PM

Cricket, Rugby League, Golf. In that order.
Cricket - non-contact sport, with the economy of India growing, and cricket being the number one sport in India by a loooong margin, you could definatley make a lot in endorsements, plus the sport is not that difficult.
Rugby League - The better version of Rugby, basically equal amounts of money involved.
Golf - Well, all the reasons are already put in this thread (Greg Norman is at this moment the richest pro athlete on Earth, mainly due to his business ventures, which he used the money from golf as seed money for).

Vavavoom 02-07-2006 09:04 AM

I think El D hit an interesting point with the World Cup...

In the UK, football is by far and away the biggest sport over here and every kid dreams of playing for the team they support....

Footballers get more tail then you can shake a stick at - and it doesn't matter if you are in the Premiership, Division 1/2/3 or anything....

I would much rather be a hero to an entire nation by scoring a goal in the world cup final for England, than anything else...

You do that, you get knighted, you get endorsements, you get everything....And You get laid !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**FWIW**
Although, when I was younger, I followed Basketball & NFL...The money in those sports dwarf the average earn in football (soccer)...

daveymck 02-07-2006 09:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Cricket, Rugby League, Golf. In that order.
Cricket - non-contact sport, with the economy of India growing, and cricket being the number one sport in India by a loooong margin, you could definatley make a lot in endorsements, plus the sport is not that difficult.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course its difficult and is dangerous as my fractured skull would testify. The indian market I suspect is growing but the indian players are likely to be the winners there. For the rest of the players you have to be a Shane Warne or Brian Lara to get any serious money. The other downside is you have to play all year round.