Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   ***Official 2006 NLCS Cards v. Mets Thread*** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=231550)

niss 10-12-2006 11:08 PM

Re: ***Official 2006 NLCS Cards v. Mets Thread***

Wright's got to get a run in there. That better not come back to haunt them.

niss 10-12-2006 11:14 PM

JESUS WAGNER THROW STRIKES

hedxcold 10-12-2006 11:15 PM

put it in the books

VarlosZ 10-12-2006 11:23 PM

Sweet! The Mets won this game with defense -- lots of great plays on line drives, Endy's diving catch, Beltran's heads up double play, etc. I really like this team.

Going to the game tomorrow, my first ever playoff game in any sport. Shea should be electric.

sweetjazz 10-12-2006 11:27 PM

Close game, but generally solid outing by the Mets. Game 2 is almost a freeroll, because the Cards will have a hard time getting back to Shea, let alone winning the series if the Mets can beat Carpenter in Game 2.

Go Mets, gogogogogogo.

RunDownHouse 10-12-2006 11:51 PM

I thought Weaver threw an incredibly solid game. Bad mistake on the one pitch obviously, but otherwise he defintiely gave the team more than they had a right to expect.

On the other hand, I really didn't think Glavine looked all that good. He seemed decidedly average, at times really struggling to hit spots. If the Mets do decide to start him on short rest, I'll be ecstatic.

Also, that catch in left by Chavez or whoever was NOT a catch. I thought it was really clear that it bounced. At the same time, there's no way you can ask an ump to see that and make the correct call, so its just one of those breaks. Big props on Chavez to even get close to that ball.

All in all, a close game in which the Mets played well and won. I was really hoping that Franco would shatter into a million artifact pieces, but I guess I'll have to be content with Weaver looking ok instead of a disaster.

Needle77 10-13-2006 12:07 AM

RDH,

I'll agree, Glavine did not look dominant, and most of that has to do with the Cards not cashing in on chances they had. But, don't you have to say Glavine stepped up in those situations? The Cardinals did not score a run.

On the other hand, that catch was a catch. I say it was because if it wasn't it would be a much bigger deal and everyone would be talking about it. It was an outstanding play and lets leave it like that.

The Mets are not favored tomorrow with Carp on the mound. They will have to have their bats going. I have more confidence in Maine than in Trachsel but that really isn't saying much.

hedxcold 10-13-2006 12:34 AM

seriously, they showed like 10 different angles of the play. it was a catch

MyTurn2Raise 10-13-2006 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
seriously, they showed like 10 different angles of the play. it was a catch

[/ QUOTE ]

some hard outs by the Cards, but also a weak hit here and there

another good road outing by weaver

]The bullpen looks great again

oh well...tomorrow's another day

TruFloridaGator 10-13-2006 01:13 AM

I still don't know why some hitters don't adjust to Glavine & I'm a braves fan.