Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Shannon Shorr thinking of quitting ... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=546255)

vizer02 11-15-2007 08:18 AM

Re: Shannon Shorr thinking of quitting ...

Shannon, great post. I remember watching you kill it on Party as BluffForRent and then I looked you up when you showed up on Full Tilt and found your blog, which was/is a great read. It's great that you are completely honest about your life, winnings, and thoughts. Good luck in your future endeavors.

TX ~ Wow, well written post

The B 11-15-2007 08:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's funny because all the guys that do talk shi,t after dragging or losing a pot are kinda looked upon as heroes, and I'm a douchebag.

[/ QUOTE ]

couldn't agree more...good luck SS

SEABEAST 11-15-2007 08:56 AM

i always thought you seemed like a good dude, and i think mostly of the current really bright minds will move on from poker in the next few years, but i also think "I'll be content with knocking off a tournament every now and then for six figures and getting a little better along the way" is kinda telling as to how your initial run might have inflated your expectations for what is realistic

NNNNOOOOONAN 11-15-2007 08:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Shannon, great post. I remember watching you kill it on Party as BluffForRent and then I looked you up when you showed up on Full Tilt and found your blog, which was/is a great read. It's great that you are completely honest about your life, winnings, and thoughts. Good luck in your future endeavors.

TX ~ Wow, well written post

[/ QUOTE ]

muzzbuzz84 11-15-2007 09:18 AM

I don't post often but I am a habitual lurker. I play nothing like the stakes of even half the posters here, but some of the posts today have inspired me to contribute.

It's true that there is a far too high a number of posters here that contribute nothing to the community here other than flaming and slating.

However, once a while there is a post that makes wading thru all the dross worthwhile, and its these posts that make u realise just valuable 2+2 can be.

Thx SS and Tx.

Makonnen 11-15-2007 09:53 AM

Rare to see two posts--Shannon and TX Red's--that calm and cogent in one thread. As the cliche goes, would read again.

Rushmore 11-15-2007 10:42 AM

Two words:

Learn Limit.

RichGangi 11-15-2007 11:04 AM

This is the best post I've read in quite some time, and it just so happens that I could'nt agree more. VNH Tex.

jlocdog 11-15-2007 11:20 AM

Shannon- I have never met you. Thus I have never hated you. But after this post, I now like you. Take some time for yourself. The money/poker will always be there. Your sanity may not [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

stephenNUTS 11-15-2007 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is the best post I've read in quite some time, and it just so happens that I could'nt agree more. VNH Tex.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome Tex
[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]