Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Software (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   PokerTracker: The Next Generation (NEW SOFTWARE DISCUSSION) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=445605)

feint06 07-17-2007 06:34 AM

Re: PokerTracker: The Next Generation (NEW SOFTWARE DISCUSSION)

I think it would be nice if all PT users shared the same hand history database. This probably would make it more of a subscription service, but that way you'd rarely encounter a player without any stats...

awjpoker 07-17-2007 08:08 AM

Yes and AFAIK it would also break all the terms and conditions of the pokers sites and be banned. So i think that is a non starter.

resboard 07-17-2007 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

There are problems with HoldemManager that I will not discuss, that lead not only myself, but other experienced developers to believe that it will not be "the next PokerTracker". PokerTracker is number one for a reason, and it has nothing to do with getting to the market first. There is well known competition, but yet PT continues to exist. Not only exist, but thrive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you elaborate. It does no good to say something like that without backing it up. I own both PT and PAHUD and like everyone else trying to decide which route to go.

PokerAce 07-17-2007 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

There are problems with HoldemManager that I will not discuss, that lead not only myself, but other experienced developers to believe that it will not be "the next PokerTracker". PokerTracker is number one for a reason, and it has nothing to do with getting to the market first. There is well known competition, but yet PT continues to exist. Not only exist, but thrive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you elaborate. It does no good to say something like that without backing it up. I own both PT and PAHUD and like everyone else trying to decide which route to go.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will not discuss the issues I see because I do not want help the competition make their product better. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Once the new generation of PT is released, it will be quite obvious what the issues are and I'm confident PT will remain the software of choice for the majority of poker players.

orentha 07-17-2007 02:55 PM

just curious how come Pat hasn't posted in this topic or gave any hints at all ?

I really hope the new PT & Pokerace are going to live up to this "hype" (and hopefully soon)
i really dont want to have to switch to something new, cause I love PT and pokerace

74o_Clownsuit 07-17-2007 04:10 PM

Fixing the ridiculous lag with pahud on ftp would be a good start...

doylefish 07-17-2007 04:32 PM

I have created my own Bankroll Management Add-on to PT.

It could do with some streamlining, but this would be a great inclusion to the software package, and is another feature that no-one else has,

If you would like any advice on this please PM me. It has quite comprehensive features, but you could probably take the ideas and run with them

Look forward to the software anyway.

Shoe Lace 07-17-2007 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I will not discuss the issues I see because I do not want help the competition make their product better.

Once the new generation of PT is released, it will be quite obvious what the issues are and I'm confident PT will remain the software of choice for the majority of poker players.

[/ QUOTE ]

This comment is going to create so much hype it's silly. A poker manager can only do so much -- I hope you're aware of that.

The mistake I see is that customers expect results not hype in this market. That is why we're so curious as to what's happening with the new PT.

Just look at the HM thread. It started less than a month ago and it has nearly 60 pages.

The PT thread on the other hand is just inching past 10 pages.

HM is producing results
PT is producing hype

PokerAce 07-17-2007 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fixing the ridiculous lag with pahud on ftp would be a good start...

[/ QUOTE ]

FTP has admitted their software has problems that are causing the lag. They claim they will be fixed sometime in the next couple of months.

PokerAce 07-17-2007 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I will not discuss the issues I see because I do not want help the competition make their product better.

[/ QUOTE ]

This comment is going to create so much hype it's silly. A poker manager can only do so much -- I hope you're aware of that.

The mistake I see is that customers expect results not hype in this market. That is why we're so curious as to what's happening with the new PT.

Just look at the HM thread. It started less than a month ago and it has nearly 60 pages.

The PT thread on the other hand is just inching past 10 pages.

HM is producing results
PT is producing hype

[/ QUOTE ]

PokerTracker and PokerAce Hud have been producing results for years now. HM has been around two days.

I think I've proven myself capable of making quality software and backing it up with good support. This is not a pet project for me, this is my job, my livelihood. I'm not making claims I can't backup. Time will tell.

Also, what difference does it make if the HM thread has 60 pages? It was around before this one and is really a different type of thread (it has a lot of bug reporting posts). Kind of silly to compare the two.