Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   2+2er Nike Plus running group - who's in? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=295947)

DonkeyKongSr 01-08-2007 12:18 AM

Re: 2+2er Nike Plus group

[ QUOTE ]
I like your treadmill workout. I may start doing that myself.

I just added another 1.9 mile run today with a small cooldown. Starting to like running more than I used to. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I like it a lot. The inclines add a lot to the exercise and fiddling with the machine every 3 minutes actually makes the time fly faster. I used to do 2 minute segements, but that was too often. I may switch to 4 or 5 eventually. The whole thing totals about 3000 feet in elevation when it's done.

Entity 01-08-2007 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like your treadmill workout. I may start doing that myself.

I just added another 1.9 mile run today with a small cooldown. Starting to like running more than I used to. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I like it a lot. The inclines add a lot to the exercise and fiddling with the machine every 3 minutes actually makes the time fly faster. I used to do 2 minute segements, but that was too often. I may switch to 4 or 5 eventually. The whole thing totals about 3000 feet in elevation when it's done.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to be very into hiking (I hiked the PCT in 2001), and I miss the kind of shape that I was in back then. The most we ever covered in a day was around 35 miles; doing much over 20 in a day now would probably kill me.

Rob

DonkeyKongSr 01-08-2007 12:23 AM

I did the PCT from Mammoth to Yosemite. 50 miles in 4 days. That was 3 years ago I think. I'm just now getting back into that shape again. I want to go on more long hikes, but I don't have the time off work to do so. When the weather is good, I'm doing day hikes at least twice a month. I can't wait to get a reading on how long those hikes are. I estimate off of maps right now.

Alobar 01-08-2007 12:43 AM

I really wish my effing malware case would get here already!!!!

1C5 01-08-2007 12:45 AM

Donkey, how is the malware arm band when running? Annoying at all?

DonkeyKongSr 01-08-2007 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have that yet. It just shipped yesterday. I have the cheapest sport armband from Best Buy and velcroed the sensor under my shoelaces and it's great. I'm assuming that since my non-Nike+ ready setup works perfectly fine, the Marware should be fine. Plus, Entity seems to have given it a good review.

DonkeyKongSr 01-08-2007 12:55 AM

Oh yeah, with those headphones, they'd be long enough to reach your hand with no problem while swinging your arms. I didn't run with it that way, but I put it around my wrist really quick and moved my arms and still had room to go.

Entity 01-08-2007 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally, I love it. I use it around my forearm along with some Etymotic earbuds that rock. The only real problem with this setup is that they isolate the sound so well that I really can't hear anything. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Overall I can't imagine a better case than the Marware though. It works great, I've used it in downpours twice (you have to be dedicated to run in the winter in Seattle [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]), it's comfortable, and it really seems designed to hold up. Definitely a 5-star armband AFAIC.

Rob

PokerFox 01-08-2007 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am using it right now and it works great. The only minor, MINOR annoyance is that the standard ipod earphone cord can sometimes get a little caught on the Velcro, but this is very, very minor. Great case, thanks again to whoever recommended it.

As stated above, ankle injury still rehabbing, but I'm looking forward to this challenge a lot, just ran 5k on it today.

tdarko 01-08-2007 01:03 AM

DKSr,

My ipod froze today and for some reason wouldn't work until I got home and JoA told me how to unfreeze it...I'm a noob. Anyway, before it froze I calibrated it with a 1/4 jog and walk, hopefully that worked.

I still did my run, not worried about the results being entered. Ran 2 miles for an average of 7:27 (used my watch to time it), not exceptional by any means but a lot different from my treadmill run.

I have the Nike armband and I don't mind the wires, I don't even notice them actually.