Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   NBA Playoffs Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=382513)

Clarkmeister 06-10-2007 09:31 PM

Re: NBA Playoffs

[ QUOTE ]
go cavs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find myself rooting for them as well. They've grown on me as a gutty, gritty, never-say-die team these playoffs and I think they are actually underrated despite the LeBron factor. I know that I, personally, didn't give them credit for being as good as they are.

Clarkmeister 06-10-2007 09:33 PM

BTW, horrid mistake to bench LeBron the whole quarter after those fouls. Awful. The 2nd stringers did what they could but no way should he have been still sitting once the spurs extended to 20-13. Like legler said, why foul him out yourself?

Toopskees 06-10-2007 09:35 PM

Flop of the game, Varejao.

googleit123 06-10-2007 11:06 PM

cavs win 4 STR8???

ha ha j/k this is really really bad

googleit123 06-10-2007 11:08 PM

game over...i'm turning this thing off

Mr biggums 06-10-2007 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
game over...i'm turning this thing off

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahhahahaha

lapoker17 06-10-2007 11:32 PM

um - ok - anyone else still watching? jesus lebron's a stud. do they have a shot? horrible no travel call on parker too.

Clarkmeister 06-10-2007 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
um - ok - anyone else still watching? jesus lebron's a stud. do they have a shot? horrible no travel call on parker too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Still watching. Like I said before, this team has a never say die attitude. Besides, what else is on? lol

Vasquez 06-10-2007 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Still watching. Like I said before, this team has a never say die attitude. Besides, what else is on? lol

[/ QUOTE ]

rocky 4 on spike

Fallen Hero 06-10-2007 11:35 PM

I may be sick but I'm finding this pretty funny to watch, even as a spurs fan (probably because I'm not really afraid of losing the series)

Victor 06-10-2007 11:41 PM

cavs win the next 2.

tuq 06-11-2007 12:03 AM

Cavs = IP ban from playoffs. Suns = allowed back in to play in the Finals, also at halftime of game one a scrimmage between 1993 Bulls and 1993 Suns, Suns dominate and I get in Clark's face.

Assani Fisher 06-11-2007 12:10 AM

Lebron finished the game with 3 fouls. Great move benching him early there, Coach.

Assani Fisher 06-11-2007 12:17 AM

thought this was interesting on possible Kobe trades: http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/page2/bl...hName%3dsimmons

Ralph Wiggum 06-11-2007 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Lebron finished the game with 3 fouls. Great move benching him early there, Coach.

[/ QUOTE ]
He got 32 minutes of out Boobie, but Varejao, Gooden & Sasha all played under 30 minutes. I'm just hoping to see a game, where he plays his best players.

FlyWf 06-11-2007 12:39 AM

I say fire Brown and promote Snow to player-coach before game 3. Lebron [censored] James does not play fewer than 45 minutes in a playoff game unless the Cavs are winning by 40. The end. Mike Brown has a grotesquely easy job since it appears that Snow, James, and the assistants do all the actual talking in huddles, how [censored] hard is it to play your best player as much as possible?

lapoker17 06-11-2007 12:51 PM

man - though he makes TONS of mistakes - i just need to profess my love for sasha. fyi i am not a longtime cavs fan nor am i a euro. if anyone remembers i posted a report after going to a bulls cavs gme a few months back - that was the first time i had seen him play, and i immediately liked him. i think he can be a bigtime scorer - like 23-27ppg. he needs more confidence, but he definitely has it in him.

there is also a chance that i am just a sucker for white guys who try to dunk on people.

westhoff 06-11-2007 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thought this was interesting on possible Kobe trades: http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/page2/bl...hName%3dsimmons

[/ QUOTE ]

Being a Suns fan in Dallas I would hope for Kobe to go to Dallas. That would be interesting to watch. If any kind of Phoenix trade for Kobe happens come see me hanging from my ceiling fan.

tolbiny 06-11-2007 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

man - though he makes TONS of mistakes - i just need to profess my love for sasha. fyi i am not a longtime cavs fan nor am i a euro. if anyone remembers i posted a report after going to a bulls cavs gme a few months back - that was the first time i had seen him play, and i immediately liked him. i think he can be a bigtime scorer - like 23-27ppg. he needs more confidence, but he definitely has it in him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shasa has plenty of confidence in himself, his two biggest problems are on his drives though. First he drops his head and get tunnel vision when he goes to the land, this lets good observent help defenses collapse on him and he picks up offensive fouls and turns the ball over a lot against these teams. If he keeps his vision about himself he can pass out of situations like that enough that teams won't collapse so badly.
2. He doesn't finish well a lot of the time. His touch on layups isn't good enough that if there is contact (hes not going to get those calls untill he establishes himself) or he anticipates contact that he can finish. If he improves on those two things he could easily be a 16-18 pts/5-6 ast player next year.

Aloysius 06-11-2007 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
He got 32 minutes of out Boobie, but Varejao, Gooden & Sasha all played under 30 minutes. I'm just hoping to see a game, where he plays his best players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah his rotations were all messed up. Feel like everyone is nervous as hell too (except Boobie). I expect Cavs to bounce back nicely in Game 3.

-Al

THEOSU 06-11-2007 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Shasa has plenty of confidence in himself, his two biggest problems are on his drives though. First he drops his head and get tunnel vision when he goes to the land, this lets good observent help defenses collapse on him and he picks up offensive fouls and turns the ball over a lot against these teams. If he keeps his vision about himself he can pass out of situations like that enough that teams won't collapse so badly.
2. He doesn't finish well a lot of the time. His touch on layups isn't good enough that if there is contact (hes not going to get those calls untill he establishes himself) or he anticipates contact that he can finish. If he improves on those two things he could easily be a 16-18 pts/5-6 ast player next year.

[/ QUOTE ]

sasha gets DRILLED a ridiculous amount of the time when he drives to the hole, and hardly ever gets a call. and yet he picks up more phantom defensive fouls than anyone i've seen in years. it's really hard to explain.

kidcolin 06-11-2007 03:56 PM

Sasha is one of the dumbest players in the league, at least during this series. He's playing terribly. He's got some good instincts but his confidence just seems shaken and he's blowing some really easy shots and making some awful decisions.

Al,

I expect the opposite. Mike Brown has been given ample evidence this entire playoffs of who his best players are. Yet a hobbled Larry Hughes still grabbed 20 minutes. On top of that, he panics. Lebron got 3 minutes in the first quarter. THIS IS THE FINALS YOU ASSTARD! The players might play better, but Brown is going to keep on killing this team.

Aloysius 06-11-2007 04:40 PM

KC - I hope you are wrong. I love watching a great team execute but this is getting out of hand.

I can still see the Cavs losing G3, but I expect it to be much more competitive. It just boils down to Brown making very basic adjustments (i.e. play his best players) the Cavs being less nervous, hitting the glass harder (and in general playing with more tenacity on D) and being at home. It's not alot to ask from the Cavs.

I doubt anyone thinks the Spurs are actually this much better (at least through the first 3 quarters last night). If they are oh well.

-Al

kidcolin 06-11-2007 04:46 PM

Oh I see what you're saying. Yeah I don't expect two more epic blowouts. I just expect them to lose. Maybe home crowd + bad refs will bag 'em a game. But I think if Brown was less retarded, we could at least have a somewhat competitive 5 or 6 game series.

edit: does anyone else think of C-Lo / Gnarles Barkley when Mike Brown gets worked up on the sideline, or is that just me?

lapoker17 06-11-2007 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Shasa has plenty of confidence in himself,

[/ QUOTE ]

not in the playoffs - not even close. when i saw him in the regular season he had no conscience - he was a gunner, and he looked awesome. in the playoffs, before nearly every shot, you can almost see his mind working.

your other points about his tunnel vision are right on though.

lapoker17 06-11-2007 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sasha gets DRILLED a ridiculous amount of the time when he drives to the hole, and hardly ever gets a call. and yet he picks up more phantom defensive fouls than anyone i've seen in years. it's really hard to explain.

[/ QUOTE ]

both points are definitely true - he gets killed.

Artdogg 06-11-2007 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Spoilers in white:

<font color="white">
Game 2: Spurs blowout
Game 3: Cavs win
Game 4: Spurs win and we get to hear all this BS about how the talk was about the suns/mavs in the reg. season but here the spurs are and they know how to win and they play physical and they do whatever it takes to win including being dirty cheating bastards
Game 5: toss-up
Game 6: if it somehow gets here there's no way it goes passed it</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

FlyWf 06-11-2007 06:23 PM

I've liked Pavlovic since he first came to the Cavs, always thought he deserved more playing time. He's mistake-prone and Mike Brown has a large doghouse and a tiny brain, so he needed injuries to get a real shot.

The problems he has:
1. Stupidity. He makes terrible decisions with the ball all the time.
2. Lack of ref bribing. As noted, he gets murdered all the time and can't buy a call.
3. Larry Hughes. Not just because Larry the Terrible gets minutes that should be his, but I want you guys to watch for all the times Pavlovic is in good position calling for the ball while Hughes is dribbling the ball up court thinking about how much he hates me. Pavlovic would be an All-Star on the Suns. I honestly believe that.
4. Lack of touch around the rim. If you aren't going to get the calls all the ability to drive means jack [censored] if you keep missing layups.

Of course, I'm a sucker for any white guy who tries to dunk on people. In the finals so far he has tried TWO(2) reverse dunks in traffic. He's white!

Victor 06-12-2007 12:44 AM

sasha shows the ball too much when he goes to the rack. this doesnt matter against weak teams but against good ds he gets swatted too easily.

i still love his athleticism and attituded. hes straight (serb) gangsta.