Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   The Official NFL Draft Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=390472)

SuperUberBob 04-29-2007 06:47 PM

Re: The Official NFL Draft Thread

It's gotta suck being picked with the 254th pick.

At least the last pick gets a free trip to California, VIP pass for Disneyland and a banquet. Yeah, he probably never takes a regular season snap, but he gets a full week dedicated to him. The 254th gets none of that and gets cut.

BigSoonerFan 04-29-2007 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What is the latest a Heisman winner has ever been drafted?

[/ QUOTE ]

Charlie Ward was not drafted. there have been others I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jason White comes to mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was partially because he was 43 years old when he won the Heisman.

SuperUberBob 04-29-2007 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Typo?

Or sarcasm?

prohornblower 04-29-2007 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Typo?

Or sarcasm?

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, Bob, you really want to keep this thread alive. Hahaha [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Bill Murphy 04-29-2007 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm so happy with the Niners draft this year. Primarily, they transformed their WR corps from bad to above average using just their 3rd and a middle 4th rounder (by trading for DJax). Now that he has Jackson, Hill, Lelie, Battle, and Vernon Davis (not to mention a great RB in Gore) Alex Smith finally has the weapons neccessary to prove whether or not he was worth the top pick in the 2005 draft. Even if Smith just matches the performances of Bulger and Hasselbeck I think the Niners are the team to beat in the West.

The front seven got a great addition with Willis. The LB corp of Lawson, Willis, Moore, and Banta Cain gives them a good mix of talent with Smith and Haralyson providing depth. But I think they still need some help on the D-Line, but hopefully they can add a late drop FA like they added Allen and Harris last year.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/...5nfl.1.600.jpg

Now I'm just praying Peyton Manning blows out his knee so the Niners have a higher 1st rounder next year than they would had they stayed put.

[/ QUOTE ]

Needle77 04-29-2007 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now I'm just praying Peyton Manning blows out his knee so the Niners have a higher 1st rounder next year than they would had they stayed put.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not praying for this. Yes, he would be off the football field, good. But, his acting career would take off and I'm not sure I could handle that. Manning would be guarenteed the next James Bond role and then be Aquaman ect. I'm not ready for that world.

Richard Tanner 04-29-2007 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not praying for this. Yes, he would be off the football field, good. But, his acting career would take off and I'm not sure I could handle that. Manning would be guarenteed the next James Bond role and then be Aquaman ect. I'm not ready for that world.

[/ QUOTE ]

AHAHHAHHAHHAHAH just picture it, Bound, Jimmy Bound (imagine the drawl). C'mon I'd pay to see it, much the same way as I'd pay to see a trainwreck.

Let's keep Manning on the field and off the big screen!!

Cody

Pat Southern 04-29-2007 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then he'd be tempted to put on 50 pounds in order to get his dream role of Pablo Escobar in "Medellin" and he'd be out of football forever!

Needle77 04-29-2007 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then he'd be tempted to put on 50 pounds in order to get his dream role of Pablo Escobar in "Medellin" and he'd be out of football forever!

[/ QUOTE ]

His is agent attractive? And if so, does he bang her?

Ok, thats enough lol.

FlyWf 04-29-2007 09:57 PM

Roy Hall is way too big to play DB, he's just a really talented guy who was just hurt all the time in college and blocked by a ton of 1st round WRs.