Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   The Official NFL Draft Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=390472)

Case Closed 04-29-2007 04:55 PM

Re: The Official NFL Draft Thread

[ QUOTE ]
By the way, Darius Walker is 32 picks from going undrafted. Good choice man. Way to let Rosenhaus talk you into believing you were a 3rd rounder.

[/ QUOTE ]

He just does not have any speed on the field. I don't know wha this 40 time was, but he never was a game breaker for ND. And ND played some slow teams...

Needle77 04-29-2007 04:57 PM

BTW, what the [censored] happened to Clark Harris? How has he not been drafted yet?

ridonkulous 04-29-2007 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
By the way, Darius Walker is 32 picks from going undrafted. Good choice man. Way to let Rosenhaus talk you into believing you were a 3rd rounder.

[/ QUOTE ]

He just does not have any speed on the field. I don't know wha this 40 time was, but he never was a game breaker for ND. And ND played some slow teams...

[/ QUOTE ]

He ran a 4.5 something 4.56 or 4.57 maybe.

FWIW, I'm glad he left ND. I wasn't a fan of his. Plus he's an [censored].

mmbt0ne 04-29-2007 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No doubt, but I do feel bad for the kid. I go back and forth on how agents should be responsible for what they tell kids about draft position when it's obviously a lie. I have to think Walker would've stayed in school if he had heard, "you won't get picked" instead of "3rd round material."

TruFloridaGator 04-29-2007 05:11 PM

Go Gator draft picks!

Needle77 04-29-2007 05:30 PM

I never thought I'd really be upset that a 7th round pick player didn't slip, but Siler not slipping makes me kinda upset. He would have been a great "jar on the shelf" kind of player.

mblax10 04-29-2007 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I never thought I'd really be upset that a 7th round pick player didn't slip, but Siler not slipping makes me kinda upset. He would have been a great "jar on the shelf" kind of player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Another player who made a good decision leaving school early.

Pat Southern 04-29-2007 05:58 PM

I'm so happy with the Niners draft this year. Primarily, they transformed their WR corps from bad to above average using just their 3rd and a middle 4th rounder (by trading for DJax). Now that he has Jackson, Hill, Lelie, Battle, and Vernon Davis (not to mention a great RB in Gore) Alex Smith finally has the weapons neccessary to prove whether or not he was worth the top pick in the 2005 draft. Even if Smith just matches the performances of Bulger and Hasselbeck I think the Niners are the team to beat in the West.

The front seven got a great addition with Willis. The LB corp of Lawson, Willis, Moore, and Banta Cain gives them a good mix of talent with Smith and Haralyson providing depth. But I think they still need some help on the D-Line, but hopefully they can add a late drop FA like they added Allen and Harris last year.

Now I'm just praying Peyton Manning blows out his knee so the Niners have a higher 1st rounder next year than they would had they stayed put.

prohornblower 04-29-2007 06:00 PM

Leak and Zabransky might not even get drafted.

NozeCandy 04-29-2007 06:08 PM

My pick for Mr. Irrelevant: Lester Ricard

Edit: NVM, I doubt Detroit is taking another QB, didn't realize they had the last pick.