Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Post deleted by Mat Sklansky (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=222300)

Aramail 12-17-2006 11:03 PM

Re: Ask Degen Anything About Living In Thailand

Someone:
Where do you have to go to find good surf?
What's the easiest way to reserve somewhere to stay before you go? What's typical rent for a fairly nice 2bed 2bath apartment?
Where can I find info on the full moon party?
Thanks

farang0 12-17-2006 11:24 PM

What's the easiest way to reserve somewhere to stay before you go?

Call them?

What's typical rent for a fairly nice 2bed 2bath apartment?

Depends on so many things. But Id say 25-35,000 baht ($650-850)

Where can I find info on the full moon party?
fullmoonparty-thailand.com/schedules.html

12-18-2006 12:56 AM

Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

crazy canuck 12-18-2006 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
indian dudes actually get a lot of play over here. there are tons of indian owned businesses and thai women see indians as rich.

[/ QUOTE ]

This guy I know from Pakistan said he didn't want to leave Thailand and he said many of his friends (also from Pakistan) haven't left for the last 5 years. Also, he wasn't rich by western standards (he finished school and worked there for a Thai company). Therefore, I can only infer brown guys do just fine.

Uston 12-18-2006 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Guys, you have to realize, that when you come over here, you're basically going to have the options of a pro athlete in the states.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, talk about setting people up for a rude awakening.

Your comment applies to:

1. Good looking farang who are good at communicating with women. Basically, guys with tons of options in their home countries.

2. Guys who go to Soi Cowboy with 2,000 baht.

When I'm out it's very, very rare that I'm not the only farang with a Thai girl that isn't a bar girl/prostitute. And I'm sure it's rarer to see another farang/Thai couple where the farang isn't expected to pay for everything.

The notion that anyone can come here and have beautiful ass thrown at him like he's Dwayne Wade is preposterous.

southerndog 12-18-2006 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Guys, you have to realize, that when you come over here, you're basically going to have the options of a pro athlete in the states.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, talk about setting people up for a rude awakening.

Your comment applies to:

1. Good looking farang who are good at communicating with women. Basically, guys with tons of options in their home countries.

2. Guys who go to Soi Cowboy with 2,000 baht.

When I'm out it's very, very rare that I'm not the only farang with a Thai girl that isn't a bar girl/prostitute. And I'm sure it's rarer to see another farang/Thai couple where the farang isn't expected to pay for everything.

The notion that anyone can come here and have beautiful ass thrown at him like he's Dwayne Wade is preposterous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, I'm 30 years old, a little fat, and losing my hair, and I could [censored] pretty much anything I want.

farang0 12-18-2006 01:55 AM

Did anybody ever go to party at Mystic while they were still open? I always thought it was the nicest club in Bangkok.

[ QUOTE ]
Pom pud thai dee! Chok dee krab! krab kun krab pom

[/ QUOTE ]
lol. you mean 'pud GENG' not 'pud dee'

Goto pantip and buy the 'rosetta stone thai level 1' software. You will pickup several hundred words very quickly. I love buying $300 software for $2

AllinDan 12-18-2006 02:01 AM

Wow, I just spent some time getting caught up with this thread and I'm ready to move the minute school ends.

Is your office help a go-go dancer also or something? Secretary with benefits? I thought the video was hilarious when considering shes an employee.

I definitely want to see more videos, but can you also post some pictures of the insane apartment you guys get for 35k? Is that ~$1100 US? Also post some pictures of food. Seriously, once you get fast internet set up pleaaaase just give us a pictures barrage, living vicariously through stories only is tough.

fish2plus2 12-18-2006 02:03 AM

"The notion that anyone can come here and have beautiful ass thrown at him like he's Dwayne Wade is preposterous."

This is true. They are very passive. You have to ask them to come back to your house and teach you to speak thai. Then you bang them.

nation 12-18-2006 02:05 AM

degen,

what about if im with a bunch of white dudes and obviously speak like an american? do i move up the scale a little?

also, uston, its obvious that degen is exaggerating a little, but i do think guys from here will do much better in thailand like he says.