Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   FutureDoc, Look inside.....[CENSORED] THREAD! [CENSORED] THREAD! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=535950)

DannyOcean_ 11-08-2007 12:24 AM

Re: FutureDoc, Look inside.....[CENSORED] THREAD! [CENSORED] THREAD!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you can join the Army imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[/ QUOTE ]

why is that lol? lol. Here is what I get for free:

1. Health care. Covering everything for me and my family in my cas for the rest of my life and my wifes.
2. Dental for all of us too.
3. Skilz...
4. Travel for a small fee, like $10 for an international flight.
6. Tax free shopping.
7. Education benefits, for me it was a free MBA.
+ some other stuff I can't remember atm.

Then I get paid.

Base Pay
Cost of living allowance = tax free
Housing allowance = tax free
Food allowance = tax free

Then ohhh nooooozzzzzz, if I go to combat my pay is all tax free plus I get about 3 kinds of hazard/combat pay.

Then, I'm about to complete my Army career which set up my job in almost any field and I'll be making at least 2x what I'm making now - which to me is a lot.

Plussss, I went to UGA so there.

[/ QUOTE ]

GATORS WEAR JEAN SHORTS

THAT IS ALL

DevinLake 11-08-2007 12:42 AM

Every once in awhile I think it might be fun to play a satellite or a sng. Then I play one...

Slim Pickens 11-08-2007 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't really go out much anymore, so I'm pretty short on blog topics. Suggestions for topics? I've been reading a little more, so I might start doing some book reviews.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blogging just to blog is dumb. It's quality not quantity, man.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I know. I average like 1 entry every 3 weeks, but I do enjoy writing and would like to do more of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you put more quality content into your blog at one/two entries per month than most people do in two/day. Plus, with your, there's not tomes of mind-numbing crap. I feel like you need some sort of "bloggership" to go do something cool, vaguely poker-related. I guess the problem is when you have to play poker for your nut, you're not nearly as inclined to play poker for your entertainment, and do high entertainment-value things like satellites to big tournaments and such. Jim McManus writes stuff and you're 100% better than him. Maybe with the late-night writers on strike, dom can cast you in a quasi-reality show and successfully pitch it in place of Letterman.

bones 11-08-2007 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't really go out much anymore, so I'm pretty short on blog topics. Suggestions for topics? I've been reading a little more, so I might start doing some book reviews.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blogging just to blog is dumb. It's quality not quantity, man.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I know. I average like 1 entry every 3 weeks, but I do enjoy writing and would like to do more of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you put more quality content into your blog at one/two entries per month than most people do in two/day. Plus, with your, there's not tomes of mind-numbing crap. I feel like you need some sort of "bloggership" to go do something cool, vaguely poker-related. I guess the problem is when you have to play poker for your nut, you're not nearly as inclined to play poker for your entertainment, and do high entertainment-value things like satellites to big tournaments and such. Jim McManus writes stuff and you're 100% better than him. Maybe with the late-night writers on strike, dom can cast you in a quasi-reality show and successfully pitch it in place of Letterman.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think I'd ever hit "submit" on something I considered mind-numbingly boring, which is why there's so little poker content. Dom and I have talked about some poker related projects and he's completely convinced that poker reality type shows could be pretty big. The issue now is putting together a good set of ideas and actually getting it off the ground.

vers 11-08-2007 01:43 AM

get Jean-Robert Bellande to do it. He is pretty entertaining in survivor.

fluorescenthippo 11-08-2007 02:23 AM

i just watched CTS' somewhat new HU 5/10nl video. very good if anyone was wondering

DevinLake 11-08-2007 02:24 AM

Yes very good. I'd like to learn more about his thoughts on messing around on Axx flops.

fluorescenthippo 11-08-2007 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes very good. I'd like to learn more about his thoughts on messing around on Axx flops.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea. i havent watched a lot of the HU vids but i felt like he had so much 2nd and 3rd lvl info he was trying to say so quickly and i couldnt keep up. ill probably end up watching this one once a month for awhile.

bones 11-08-2007 02:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So many less hands you can continue with when facing heat...

DevinLake 11-08-2007 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So many less hands you can continue with when facing heat...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I understand that. But, I'm just not sure how I would decide when to attack an A high flop. I do it a bit now, when someone is very active with there raises. But, it is certainly a topic I should discuss with someone more.

lacky 11-08-2007 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you can join the Army imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[/ QUOTE ]

why is that lol? lol. Here is what I get for free:

1. Health care. Covering everything for me and my family in my cas for the rest of my life and my wifes.
2. Dental for all of us too.
3. Skilz...
4. Travel for a small fee, like $10 for an international flight.
6. Tax free shopping.
7. Education benefits, for me it was a free MBA.
+ some other stuff I can't remember atm.

Then I get paid.

Base Pay
Cost of living allowance = tax free
Housing allowance = tax free
Food allowance = tax free

Then ohhh nooooozzzzzz, if I go to combat my pay is all tax free plus I get about 3 kinds of hazard/combat pay.

Then, I'm about to complete my Army career which set up my job in almost any field and I'll be making at least 2x what I'm making now - which to me is a lot.

Plussss, I went to UGA so there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, just for fair and balanced here. My wife and I are both Navy brats. For some, the military is a very good fit, for some it isn't at all. But, for all, a career in the military has some extended periods away from home(the severity is branch dependent, the navy, my perspective, being by far the most time away.

While we're guys, and tend to handle it ok, the truth is some families are fine through it and others fall apart completely. lot's of devoirce, infedelity, etc. Their is also alot of moving involved usually, which is hard on kids.

The military can be a good career, but it really isn't an easy one in alot of ways. One of the reasons I have alot of respect for those that stick it out and excell in that environment.

Steve

ADLinden 11-08-2007 02:51 AM

zomg oatmeal raisin cookies while drunk could be the best thing ever

jgunnip 11-08-2007 02:53 AM

[censored] [censored] [censored] i thought I had sobered up enough to play a late session. lol jokes on me spew spew spew spew spew

ADLinden 11-08-2007 03:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[censored] [censored] [censored] i thought I had sobered up enough to play a late session. lol jokes on me spew spew spew spew spew

[/ QUOTE ]

do u go to UM?

Kevin8423 11-08-2007 03:01 AM

Wow my set went from the worst run in the history of the world to every other game finishing 1st to end -$5 over like 45 games. I don't know if I should be happy or sad [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

cakewalk 11-08-2007 03:52 AM

every time i think i understand poker, i end up [censored] up over and over again until i ruin my month and my graph looks like [censored]. [censored] hell. why cant i understand anything anymore ?

http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/8452/graphws2.jpg

cakewalk 11-08-2007 04:07 AM

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (5 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($259.85)
UTG ($577.95)
Hero ($158.20)
Button ($109.05)
SB ($214.25)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $4</font>, Hero calls $4, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls $3.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($13) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $12</font>, SB folds, UTG calls $12.

Turn: ($37) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $50</font>, Hero calls $25.

River: ($137) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $60</font>, Hero calls $60.

Final Pot: $257

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG has As 6d (two pair, aces and sevens).
Hero has Qc Kh (two pair, queens and sevens).
Outcome: UTG wins $257. </font>

why is this game so hard

Josem 11-08-2007 04:07 AM

you need to have a break-even stretch of more than 5,000 hands before you're allowed to bitch about it.

complaining about 2k break even stretches is like complaining about 150 break even SNGs.

cakewalk 11-08-2007 04:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you need to have a break-even stretch of more than 5,000 hands before you're allowed to bitch about it.

complaining about 2k break even stretches is like complaining about 150 break even SNGs.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's not the stretch....it's the coming to terms with the realization that you suck and the only way you win is by coolering/ppl dumping

ManChild 11-08-2007 04:11 AM

bengiec we are in a similar boat
i can no longer win, and i no longer believe that i SHOULD be winning. its not a very fun place to be.
after I clear 3k milestone bonus on stars I'm thinking about stopping the torture

cakewalk 11-08-2007 04:13 AM

you may think you're good enough to move up, after all that hard work practice application studying hnad review sweat sessions..but what it all boils down to is your opponent's are just miserable and you havent gotten any better.

cakewalk 11-08-2007 04:15 AM

the sad fact of the matter is ask yourself this question.. if you haven't done it now, what are the chances you're going to do it in this lifetime ?

maybe this is just a big realization to me because i'm delusional

DevinLake 11-08-2007 04:20 AM

Just play a session where you play complete ABC poker. Don't 3-bet a tonne, don't bluff much at all, only play in position and take lines that, while maybe not the most +EV, make the hand easiest to play.

Find your comfort zone again, and then start getting back to making some plays trying to exploit specific villain leaks.

It's just poker, it's still an easy game.

King Car 11-08-2007 04:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i am graduating in december and then i need health insurance. what are you pros using who arent in school or working elsewhere?

[/ QUOTE ]

www.tonikhealth.com

jgunnip 11-08-2007 04:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

do u go to UM?

[/ QUOTE ]

ya

jgunnip 11-08-2007 04:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
every time i think i understand poker, i end up [censored] up over and over again until i ruin my month and my graph looks like [censored]. [censored] hell. why cant i understand anything anymore ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get this post? Level? that's like 10ptbb/100

kleath 11-08-2007 04:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get this post? Level? that's like 10ptbb/100

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish I could complain about only making 200 a day this month.

DevinLake 11-08-2007 04:41 AM

My graph for this month:

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
----------------------------------------------------

cakewalk 11-08-2007 04:44 AM

you guys don't get it. i just ran really hot. fgator's has the same [censored] going on in his graph. the more i play the less money im going to make etc. eventually i'll be counting profit via fpps etc.

it's all statistics, fluctuations and variations that confuse you into thinking ur a winning player

DevinLake 11-08-2007 04:47 AM

I hear ya bengie. Last month I hit $10k at the half way point of the month. Then only finished up $10k on the month on the strength of a $7.5k run in the last few days.

cakewalk 11-08-2007 04:55 AM

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/294/graphlq2.jpg

to anyone that doubted me, it's already started. trust me, we all suck at poker, just cash out while you still can.

cakewalk 11-08-2007 05:04 AM

it's that feeling you get when you realize how much of your life you've spent on this "journey to financial freedom". and how little freedom you actually have. how little you've accomplished. and how far you have to go.

jmill2511 11-08-2007 05:04 AM

So why not change the fact that you suck at poker instead of being okay with it? Seems reasonable to me.

cakewalk 11-08-2007 05:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So why not change the fact that you suck at poker instead of being okay with it? Seems reasonable to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

past 2 years have been trying to change that. it's kind of like trying to run barefoot on ice,

jmill2511 11-08-2007 05:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

past 2 years have been trying to change that. it's kind of like trying to run barefoot on ice,

[/ QUOTE ]

lol well at least you're optimistic

AMT 11-08-2007 05:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://students.iiit.ac.in/~kunal/Sh...0Giriganga.JPG

careful.

cakewalk 11-08-2007 05:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol well at least you're realistic

[/ QUOTE ]

Velocity 11-08-2007 05:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Running barefoot on ice is easier than it sounds if you've ever tried it.

cakewalk 11-08-2007 05:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Running barefoot on ice is easier than it sounds if you've ever tried it.

[/ QUOTE ]

figuratively speaking man..let me wollow in my own misery for a while pls

TheNoodleMan 11-08-2007 05:26 AM

Bengie,
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h41/nadell/29kNov.jpg
Feel better?