Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Community (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   * * * Official WPT Niagara Thread * * * (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=520159)

ActionJeff 10-28-2007 09:58 PM

Re: * * * Official WPT Niagara Thread * * *

[ QUOTE ]
this is, and was, unendingly more hilarious than what vivek is making it out to be

i'll post more later but let me say that when vivek called 911 and they asked him where he was, he said "niagara" and then "ontario", and then politely ordered an ambulance

[/ QUOTE ]

one time Vivek decided to buy a pair of nice pants so he could come to dinner with us in a nice restaurant. He was wearing blue sweatpants and we told him he'd probably be able to get in anyway, but he was insistent and left as we entered the restaurant. 30 minutes later, Vivek shows up at our table still wearing his sweatpants, holding an Armani bag with a $900 pair of dress pants in it. Vivek said he didn't want to put them on because he might be able to get in without them. He returned them after the dinner.

cameronw01 10-28-2007 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this is, and was, unendingly more hilarious than what vivek is making it out to be

i'll post more later but let me say that when vivek called 911 and they asked him where he was, he said "niagara" and then "ontario", and then politely ordered an ambulance

[/ QUOTE ]

one time Vivek decided to buy a pair of nice pants so he could come to dinner with us in a nice restaurant. He was wearing blue sweatpants and we told him he'd probably be able to get in anyway, but he was insistent and left as we entered the restaurant. 30 minutes later, Vivek shows up at our table still wearing his sweatpants, holding an Armani bag with a $900 pair of dress pants in it. Vivek said he didn't want to put them on because he might be able to get in without them. He returned them after the dinner.

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW.

0evg0 10-28-2007 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW.

[/ QUOTE ]

nhfunkii...

noahsd...

psyduck???

Casper0 10-28-2007 11:04 PM

James Fricke has been eliminated when his jack high flush ran into an opponents queen high flush.

gobboboy 10-28-2007 11:15 PM

Yeah, that sucked. Unpaired board, two card flushes, Ac on the board.

My table was amazing and I got dealt [censored] all day. Jean Robert kept making monsters against my top pair.

ADLinden 10-28-2007 11:22 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

RandALLin 10-29-2007 01:53 AM

44.5k going into tomorrow. Had a huge hand where KK>AA and 99 aipf. Turn spade river spade ONE TIME YO.

Apathy 10-29-2007 02:31 AM

47.5k after day 1 despite Mr. harrington 2 outing me for 30k

RandALLin 10-29-2007 02:46 AM

Hungry since I hardly ate today. Gonna go eat at the famous place by myself since everyone is asleep/tired/eaten and whatnot. If you are bored come say hi as I will feel like a loser by myself.

RandALLin 10-29-2007 03:54 AM

Found a link for seating assignments tomorrow on p5s. http://www.pocketfives.com/6CE4C194-...B7402747C.aspx

If you notice I'm at table 4 seat 3 w/ SirWatts seat 5 and Jovial Gent seat 7 [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

EmpireMaker2 10-29-2007 04:14 AM

I was chip leader for most the day going from 12k to 110k in a
level ended the day at 60k for my first day two.

Phresh 10-29-2007 04:15 AM

Duck knows who Jay-Z is, yo.

Phresh 10-29-2007 04:16 AM

EM2,

You got any booze?

Clayton 10-29-2007 04:55 AM

me and stoweski now have a place at the embassy suites and my god how big a difference it makes

all the suites are, well, suites. big 3 room apartment-like hotel rooms with very fast internet connections and beautiful views of the waterfall.

it actually makes niagara tolerable, so I'll be here until Wednesday as will Stowe.

If anyone wants to get a big dinner planned for tomorrow evening, speak up. I dunno whats a good place to get food as a group outside of the steak place near the food court.

Clayton 10-29-2007 04:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was chip leader for most the day going from 12k to 110k in a
level ended the day at 60k for my first day two.

[/ QUOTE ]

ohhhhhhhhh sick

MattSuspect 10-29-2007 05:45 AM

standard for me, card dead, 2 marginal plays mixed in = a whopping 12.5k weee. Gl all.

AceCR9 10-29-2007 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If anyone wants to get a big dinner planned for tomorrow evening, speak up. I dunno whats a good place to get food as a group outside of the steak place near the food court.

[/ QUOTE ]

count me in, I will see if I can find out a good place to go.

Phresh 10-29-2007 02:26 PM

Tony Romas up the street. I want ribs.

fslexcduck 10-29-2007 02:55 PM

Copacabana, the brazilian steakhouse down the street, comes very highly recommended by many.

Clayton 10-29-2007 03:40 PM

alrighty, well, Copacabana or Tony Romas both sound good to me. somebody flip a coin and pick one, and lets pick a time. Somewhere around 7:30pm sound good?

MattSuspect 10-29-2007 03:51 PM

busto shortstack pick up kk lose aq after aj utg raised, aq reshipped. gl to everyone else. Drinking heavily + pit for matty tonight.

A_Junglen 10-29-2007 03:55 PM

I just busted...I wouldn't be steamed if it weren't for some 40 year old man telling me I play bad.

I built up the 70k playing great, including one very very sick bluff, and a nice call...

with 25k i opened to 2.2 at 400/800/100 with TT (after getting shown a big bluff, so ppl widen my range im sure), get 2 callers, and an old man shoves for 22k total or so. Basically for stacks. I tanked for awhile and decided he was squeezing so I moved in.

Yea, TT > 53o.

Then my bluff hand...I opened to 2700 at 500/1000/200 with Qc 9c from UTG with around 45k. A very loose aggro player calls me from the button. He had bluffed me out of a large pot earlier and shown complete air, and showed other bluffs. He covers me.

Flop was Td 8h 6d giving me a double gutshot. I bet out 4,500, he raises the minimum to 9k. I call. Turns the Ah, I check, and he bet 15k. I look into his soul and shove for 20k more (35k total) and he folds.

On to my demise...I got in 45k-ish with Ks Ts vs Qh 6d on the 7s 6s 3c for like 95k...turn 6 river 2h...my opponent called a huge c/r on the flop and turned his 6, then we got the remainder of his money in (not much)

Down to 20k, I lose with KK to 89 on the 6725, then proceed to get berated by one player while everyone else tells me I played well. I shook everyone's hand with a smile and asked the player who berated me what his problem was....he didn't respond.

Sigh.

(edited to include TT>53o)

Clayton 10-29-2007 04:04 PM

never mind the post i just made, no tony roma's. im joining duck and some other people (dunno who yet as she has only told me "we are going to copa cobana" via text. so ship some copacobana at round 8 pm or later.

A_Junglen 10-29-2007 04:50 PM

I can't believe I'm out. No way...adk jkwtf wtvwtfwtf

shaniac 10-29-2007 05:16 PM

Junglen, who gives a [censored] about how people "think" you play? You seem to be overly affected by it.

edit: obv you play better than most, so you should be delighted if people think you play bad.

jtown1010 10-29-2007 05:36 PM

Damn that [censored] sucks Adam, I understand what Shaniac is saying but it's really annoying to get berated by someone like this, anyway F that guy.

A_Junglen 10-29-2007 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Junglen, who gives a [censored] about how people "think" you play? You seem to be overly affected by it.

edit: obv you play better than most, so you should be delighted if people think you play bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's just annoying when someone who was new to the table says stuff like "that's what you get." Even other players at the table were giving him negative looks, and saying how I was half his age and had twice as much class.

It's all good, and something that's inevitable in poker. I was significantly more frustrated over taking 2 big hits and having some adult (who certainly didn't act his age) sit there with 10k and have nothing better to do than give me a hard time.

FieryJustice 10-29-2007 10:38 PM

God im an idiot. I tried to bluff a fish that I later found out got in the tournament through a $27 sat. I have 146,000, which is around aerage. I had 350,000 before the disaster. Hopefully tomorrow goes well.

gobbomom 10-29-2007 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
God im an idiot. I tried to bluff a fish that I later found out got in the tournament through a $27 sat. I have 146,000, which is around aerage. I had 350,000 before the disaster. Hopefully tomorrow goes well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just saw the chip counts and wondered what the hell happened. Good luck tomorrow, you can do it.

MattSuspect 10-29-2007 10:56 PM

The only thing worse than a cold craps table is a cold sober one.

Anyone interested, I have like a full bottle of a 6 pack of beer, a bottle of rasp absolute and like 12 novelty shots (kaluha, and banana) that will be thrown out tomorrow when I leave. I just offered two random dudes I chatted with the booze, and I think they thought I was inviting them into my room for a drink. :/

BrandiFan 10-30-2007 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The only thing worse than a cold craps table is a cold sober one.

Anyone interested, I have like a full bottle of a 6 pack of beer, a bottle of rasp absolute and like 12 novelty shots (kaluha, and banana) that will be thrown out tomorrow when I leave. I just offered two random dudes I chatted with the booze, and I think they thought I was inviting them into my room for a drink. :/

[/ QUOTE ]lol, were they hot? [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

ZJ123 10-30-2007 01:08 AM

zugwat has 110k. gl bud <3

BKiCe 10-30-2007 01:36 AM

the homey puffinmypurp (gimmeda1time on tilt) has 210k goin into day 3

Phresh 10-30-2007 02:47 AM

hmmm drunk now,but almost got in a fight with gavin smith. we coulnt agree on terms for the fight tho.

allen cunningham took shots wioth us tho hes [censored] awesome. hahah he took straight jaegar cxause he didnt wanna stqah up too late due to red bull. what a sav.

Bill Ivey 10-30-2007 03:06 AM

I'm leaving Niagara in a couple hours, heading back to Tucson. GL to anyone still in, nice seeing and meeting you guys. See you at PCA.

BTW, Phresh scared the [censored] out of Gavin Smith

ADLinden 10-30-2007 03:11 AM

so was this gonna be like a real fight?

RandALLin 10-30-2007 03:11 AM

meand watts buswted asnd went to teh sundoerner and lol atimos aka joavieal jent buste dntu on a stirpep er and got yelled wsat by security lol pp5ps.

Exitonly 10-30-2007 03:12 AM

lol

ZJ123 10-30-2007 03:13 AM

busted on a stripper? o noes.

ADLinden 10-30-2007 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol

[/ QUOTE ]