Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   List of eWallets for Canadians (#2 of 2) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=395826)

Bobo Fett 09-18-2007 07:26 PM

Re: List of eWallets for Canadians (#2 of 2)

[ QUOTE ]
I hate to just jump in here and post without reading super thoroughly but this is the first time I've tried moving money in the post-Neteller era and I'm completely lost (feels like a new world order).

I simply want to move money from Stars/FTP over into Pinnacle in the least hassle possible

Can anyone give me heads up on an easier way then taking a check from snail mail?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure what eWallets Pinny takes...Moneybookers is your best bet if they have it. Click2Pay would be my next choice, but Stars doesn't take C2P, only FT does.

Henry17 09-19-2007 05:40 AM

Moneybookers is probably your best option. All 3 of the sites mentioned accept it and with some quick verifications you can get the limits to a level high enough for sports wagering amounts. MB is actually what I used to transfer funds from my poker accounts to sports books a few weeks ago.

1) Open Moneybookers account. Do the address verification right off the bat. They just mail you a 4 digit code in the mail. You get it in under 7 days and it increase your limits.

2) Get a small amount of money loaded on to Moneybookers.

3) Buy into both Stars and FTP for the min amount. At Stars it is $10. You need to have successfully made a deposit using MB before you can cash out using MB.

4) Cash out from Stars and FTP and buy into Pinnacle.

Step #2 is the one I found hardest. You can load funds using a CC but you need to verify it via the normal small deposit amount. You can wire money to them but there are fees and I only needed $10 to do my Stars min deposit.

Bobo suggest PokerSavvy. If you sign up for a new site via their website you earn points which you can then turn into $45 on MB. If you start today you might make the cut off of Thursday but most likely you'd have to wait till next Thursday.

While doing that I discovered that Absolute would let you cash out to Moneybookers without first making a deposit via MoneyBookers. So you can deposit $75 on that site and play for 2 days then cash out. You need to put in some play and wait 48 hours and the min cash out is $50.

Third option is find someone who will trade you $10 on MB for $10-15 on Stars and use that to make your min deposit.

grounder 09-25-2007 08:07 PM

My (isolated) horrible experience with InstaDebit.

I had withdrawn $745 US from Titan Poker to InstaDebit. So far so good. I then proceeded to withdraw the $745 US from InstaDebit to my bank account. The next day I was only credited $727 CAD. My ensuing live chat support session:

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you for choosing INSTADEBIT, someone will be with you momentarily.
You have been connected to Bradley G.
Bradley G: Hello, how may I help you?
Customer: Hi, i recently withdrew $745 USD to my checking account, but was only credited with $727 CAD
Bradley G: That is a currency issue that must be resolved with the specific merchant. Please contact the website that you withdrew the money from.
Customer: no, i withdrew from INSTADEBIT
Bradley G: Did you withdrawal the money from your bank account using instadebit? Or did you withdrawal from a merchants website using instadebit, wanting to deposit into your bank account?
Customer: i withdrew *from* instadebit *to* my bank account
Customer: there was no merchant inlvolved
Bradley G: What website did use to get 745 American dollars, to put into your bank account?
Customer: Titan Poker
Customer: all 745 was in my InstaDebit
Bradley G: Titan Poker is the merchant, please contact Titan Poker regarding the currency issue.
Customer: this isn't a currency issue, this is an InstaDebit issue
Customer: all the money was perfectly withdrawn from Titan Poker to InstaDebit
Customer: however, InstaDebit, didn't credit my bank account for the full 745
Bradley G: One moment please.
Customer: you can see it clearly in my transaction history
Bradley G: Instadebit simply transferees the money that we are given. We do not convert the money for you nor do we charge anything. Please contact Titan Poker with issues regarding why you only received 727 Canadian dollars.
Bradley G: Is there anything else I can assist you with?
Customer: I RECEIVED 745 FROM TITAN
Customer: I DID NOT RECEIVE 745 FROM INSTADEBIT
Bradley G: Please contact Titan Poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I then asked Bradley if he could comprehend English. To this he did not reply. I assume the answer would be "no."

<u>I have previously withdrawn from InstaDebit to my bank account *perfectly*</u> (proper $ amount and currency exchange). I would assume this is probably just an accounting error.

I then proceeded to call InstaDebit support. Fortunately, the lady on the phone did understand English. She says she will send an e-mail to security and I should get an answer the next business day. Hopefully, I'll also get my $18 USD someday.

Lesson: InstaDebit problems? Always use the phone because the service reps. (surprisingly) aren't outsourced and speak perfect English and the live chat operators can't seem to even read English.

mocky 09-25-2007 09:36 PM

Hey mediocre,Instadebit $50 to Ultimate Bet,withdraw the $50 to Moneybookers stick the $50 onto stars withdraw your roll back to Moneybookers,stick your roll onto pinny.

grounder 09-26-2007 07:26 PM

Below is the follow-up e-mail from InstaDebit security.

[ QUOTE ]
The INSTADEBIT exchange rate is determined each day by INSTADEBIT and is based on a number of factors, such as currency volatility, transaction clearing times, and spot currency rate. The INSTADEBIT rate may differ from the "spot rate" offered by your bank and includes a conversion fee.

Please feel free to e-mail us at security@instadebit.com with any further questions.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Currency volatility"? Are they docking me because the CAD may surpass the USD in the future??

"Transaction clearing times"? The payment was credited to my bank account the next day. It's not like InstaDebit has to pay someone to watch the status of my withdrawal.

What the hell is this "conversion fee"? I've withdrawn before and there definitely wasn't a "conversion fee."

I love how it says on InstaDebit's home page:
[ QUOTE ]
There are no transaction fees ever charged to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

ShawnM 10-04-2007 10:55 AM

Great info in both of the threads.

In the OP Moneybookers is listed as one of the accepted depositting method at microgaming sites. I'm attempting to deposit appr. $200 at sunpoker &amp; intepoker but I cannot find the option for Moneybookers. Is Moneybookers only accepted by special request or is it for a select few microgaming sites?

grounder 10-04-2007 12:20 PM

Sun and Interpoker are Cryptologic sites (not Microgaming).

ShawnM 10-04-2007 01:15 PM

Oops, thx for the info. I guess I'll stick with ipoker then.

Wires 10-04-2007 03:37 PM

Guys,

This thread is huge and I'm a little late to the party so bear with me. I've played exclusively at Full Tilt for the past 6 months and Party for several years prior using only their EFT so I wasn't Neteller dependent.

Now I would like to move my play to Stars. I'm looking into Moneybookers vs. ePassport. Moneybookers seems the way to go as their fees appear to be much less than ePassport's $5/$100.

Am I missing something obvious? Is one a significantly better option. I'm clearly not very bright because this thread overwhelms me. Any assistance?

EDIT: Although I will likely stick to Stars is one of Moneybookers or ePassport better in terms of being accepted at more sites?

Henry17 10-04-2007 03:58 PM

I would say Moneybookers is much more common then ePassporte. I haven't seen any sites that have ePassporte but no Moneybookers but plenty of sites have Moneybookers and no ePassporte. If you ever plan to bet on sports you'll need Moneybookers.

EPassporte has an ATM card and is much easier to get funds loaded on to. The ATM card is pretty useless though as the limit is way too low $300/500.

Wires 10-04-2007 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

and usemybank sucks balls from my experiences but it will be cheaper than $30 in fees at least...

[/ QUOTE ]

I just used this option and it worked like a gem. Other than the obvious giving out your banking password I thought this was the most effective option for Stars. Unlike Party's EFT I received a favourable exchange rate and I simply went logged on to my bank and changed my password afterwards.

Am I missing something? No fees. Good exchange. I like.

Henry17 10-04-2007 04:51 PM

I agree. I wish it also allowed you to cash out as I'd like a direct to bank option.

Wires 10-04-2007 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree. I wish it also allowed you to cash out as I'd like a direct to bank option.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. That would be perfect. I guess it will have to be by check for now. I'm just happy I got money onto Stars. I wasn't looking good as I wasn't too keen on Moneybookers or ePassport. I've been playing on Full Tilt for so long that I just needed a change - some new regs [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

Bobo Fett 10-04-2007 06:49 PM

Although Moneybookers isn't known for exceptional CS, it seems ePassporte is much worse. I use MB and C2P, and that covers pretty much anywhere I want to play (30+ sites this year).

BTW, why not broaden your horizons and get away from the toughest sites? [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Wires 10-04-2007 09:34 PM

Hey Bobo,

Thanks for the reply. Nice job with this thread as well - you've done a lot of work to provide the forum with some good info.

As for playing the toughest sites? Heh - I've done all right. I figure any site with 30K or more players can't be full of sharks, right? If you have any suggestions of sites I may not have heard of or may not have paid enough attention feel free to fire off a PM - I'm always open to trying something new... only if you want to divulge your secrets though... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Bobo Fett 10-04-2007 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Bobo,

Thanks for the reply. Nice job with this thread as well - you've done a lot of work to provide the forum with some good info.

As for playing the toughest sites? Heh - I've done all right. I figure any site with 30K or more players can't be full of sharks, right? If you have any suggestions of sites I may not have heard of or may not have paid enough attention feel free to fire off a PM - I'm always open to trying something new... only if you want to divulge your secrets though... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
NP...and thanks!

As to sites, you're probably right...especially if you're a multitabler; it's hard to find enough tables at some of the smaller sites if you are. I have no real secrets, and I'm not overwhelmingly successful yet on the BB/100 side...thank goodness for OnGame bonuses! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Wires 10-05-2007 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hey Bobo,

[/ QUOTE ]
NP...and thanks!

As to sites, you're probably right...especially if you're a multitabler; it's hard to find enough tables at some of the smaller sites if you are. I have no real secrets, and I'm not overwhelmingly successful yet on the BB/100 side...thank goodness for OnGame bonuses! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bobo,

I'll check out the OnGame bonuses. I'm usually not a big fan of chasing bonuses but if they are worthwhile for a 100NL 0r 200NL player I'm open to it.

Ever consider throwing your hat in the ring for mod of this forum. Not sure if you are interested but you seem to have a good disposition (online anyway...lol) and would likely do a good job. The only problem is Haven is a monster and can monitor threads in his sleep so he may not need any help [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Bobo Fett 10-05-2007 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll check out the OnGame bonuses. I'm usually not a big fan of chasing bonuses but if they are worthwhile for a 100NL 0r 200NL player I'm open to it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not sure how they work out for NL, but the nice thing is that at somewhere like Tower, you don't need to chase...constant reloads through the store. Look for private RB in the A/R forum as well.

[ QUOTE ]
Ever consider throwing your hat in the ring for mod of this forum. Not sure if you are interested but you seem to have a good disposition (online anyway...lol) and would likely do a good job. The only problem is Haven is a monster and can monitor threads in his sleep so he may not need any help [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I'd definitely be interested in giving a go at modding on 2+2 if the opportunity arose. However, the two most logical forums would be this one or Internet Bonuses, and both are very well looked after right now. If MH ever needs some help, he knows where to find me. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks for the compliment on my disposition. In a way, I find it funny though...if anything, I'd say that these forums bring out my nastier side more often than IRL.

Kinja 10-23-2007 02:14 AM

I just withdrew from my instadebit account to my bank account a total of 2265 USD and I received 1133.67 CAD in my account. So, they are charging about 3 or 4 points on the exchange which is about 2 points higher than your average Canadian bank (do your own math if you want exact numbers). This is steep for me and i don't like it. I do like that I can receive 2500$ (max) in daily cashouts from WPEX to my Insta debit account. So i could in theory get 2500$ per day to my instadebit account from WPEX if WPEX would actually process my requests!!!!. In short- cheaper to get a cheque for large sums of cash and use Instadebit to transfer cash between sites.

cardman 10-23-2007 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just withdrew from my instadebit account to my bank account a total of 2265 USD and I received 1133.67 CAD in my account.

[/ QUOTE ]

???

Henry17 10-23-2007 07:37 AM

I think he meant to say 2133.67.

cardman 10-23-2007 09:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If that's what he meant, then an exchange rate of 0.942 is REALLY BAD.

Henry17 10-23-2007 09:25 AM

Maybe both 1s should be 2s. 2233.67?

Nanook 10-23-2007 09:27 AM

Re: Moneybookers

This is a heads-up.

I received an email last week, supposedly from www.moneybookers.com, informing me that my account had received a payment of EUR 359.56. The payment was identified as coming from Absolute Poker, but for me to accept the payment, a link was provided to a Moneybookers "accept payment" site.

There clearly was something fishy going on here since I only had a couple of bucks at AP, so I contacted both MB and AP. AP denied having sent any funds to me, and MB confirmed that this was undoubtedly an attempt to obtain my account details.

Within the next 3 days, I had received 2 more of these messages, each for exactly the same amount, but for payments from different sources. In addition I received a message from MB informing me of a failed attempt to access my account.

Just a heads-up. It's a jungle out there in the cyberether.

cardman 10-23-2007 10:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe both 1s should be 2s. 2233.67?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. But then 0.986 is too good an exchange rate. I think you were right the first time.

TKWest 10-23-2007 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In addition I received a message from MB informing me of a failed attempt to access my account.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also received a message from MB about a failed attempt to login my account.

Other news - I requested a cheque from MB on October 10 - it arrived via regular mail Oct 22 (it was only for $2000 and was mailed from a bank in NY to Canada)

shahmat 10-23-2007 02:23 PM

Click 2 Pay

Have any Canadians had trouble registering for Click 2 Pay with their credit card? I'm trying to find one that works because apparently mine doesn't work with their site although it has worked on every poker site I've tried to deposit on. Mine is PC Financial. I've talked to both click2pay and the credit card company and they both say their shouldn't be any problems and that its the other guys fault. Any suggestions? thanks.

Bobo Fett 10-23-2007 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a heads-up.

I received an email last week, supposedly from www.moneybookers.com, informing me that my account had received a payment of EUR 359.56. The payment was identified as coming from Absolute Poker, but for me to accept the payment, a link was provided to a Moneybookers "accept payment" site.

There clearly was something fishy going on here since I only had a couple of bucks at AP, so I contacted both MB and AP. AP denied having sent any funds to me, and MB confirmed that this was undoubtedly an attempt to obtain my account details.

Within the next 3 days, I had received 2 more of these messages, each for exactly the same amount, but for payments from different sources. In addition I received a message from MB informing me of a failed attempt to access my account.

[/ QUOTE ]
There have been a couple of threads about those emails...they are phishing attempts, and a LOT of people got them.

Kinja 10-24-2007 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, sorry, 2133.67 was wahat i meant.

stevoL 10-25-2007 12:34 PM

hey, this seems to be the place to find out stuff about moneybookers, skimmed over the thread but couldnt really figure this out, sry if its an obv Q...anyway, can you do a bank wire in $USD and then just have say my own bank convert the currency? and then would the ONLY fee from moneybookers for doing a bank wire fee be that $2.x wire?

I asked moneybookers and they jsut said that they can convert it to aussie dollars for me blah blah, they never said if i HAD to get it converted with them when I cashout

gmblpdam 10-25-2007 11:02 PM

When you withdraw to your bank account with Moneybookers does it count against your limit?

cardman 10-26-2007 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When you withdraw to your bank account with Moneybookers does it count against your limit?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

zingbust 10-31-2007 06:46 PM

Can't find anywhere where MyBankPal is mentioned. Does anyone know if they are reputable? There is at least one small poker site I'm interested in playing at that claims to use them as a U.S. withdrawal option.

carlito607 11-05-2007 09:26 PM

i did a bank wire last week from my bank account to moneybookers. The money showed up today on moneybookers. When i went to transfer the money onto a poker site, moneybookers wont allow me. It says i need to send in a copy of my personal identification and a utility bill with my name on it. wtf.

Anyone else have to do this ?

mephisto 11-08-2007 08:59 PM

Anyone know if you can hold a separate EUR balance alongside your US dollar balance on Moneybookers? If the US dollar continues this trend, I predict euro sites to start offering more EUR games which is probably something that's very attractive to CDN and EU players atm.

Bobo Fett 11-08-2007 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone know if you can hold a separate EUR balance alongside your US dollar balance on Moneybookers? If the US dollar continues this trend, I predict euro sites to start offering more EUR games which is probably something that's very attractive to CDN and EU players atm.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not that I know of, but then again I've never really looked into it. The only eWallet I know of that allows something close is InstaDebit, where you can have simultaneous US &amp; Canadian balances. Not sure if they allow other currencies.

cardman 11-08-2007 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt it. I remember asking them if I could have both a U.S. and Canadian currency account and they said I could only choose one. I chose U.S. currency. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Henry17 11-09-2007 07:58 AM

4 Moneybookers Questions

1) Does anyone remember how long it took for the address verification letter to arrive. I had someone ask me last night at a private game and I said 2 days but that seems wrong now.

2) Also does a cheque withdrawal count toward the 90 day Outgoing Limit?

3) How long do cheques take to arrive?

4) Is it possible to use a ePassport visa to do the VISA verification on Moneybookers?

Bobo Fett 11-09-2007 08:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
4 Moneybookers Questions

1) Does anyone remember how long it took for the address verification letter to arrive. I had someone ask me last night at a private game and I said 2 days but that seems wrong now.

4) Is it possible to use a ePassport visa to do the VISA verification on Moneybookers?

[/ QUOTE ]
1) I believe it was about a week for mine, but I didn't track it that carefully. It came from somewhere on Vancouver Island, I think it may have been Campbell River.

2) I'm pretty sure it does, but I have no first-hand experience so I'll defer to others.

3 &amp; 4) No idea.

TKWest 11-09-2007 10:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
4 Moneybookers Questions

[/ QUOTE ]

My address verification letter took a week to arrive (also from Campbell River)

I requested a cheque from MB on October 10 - it arrived via regular mail Oct 22 (it was only for $2000 and was mailed from a bank in NY to Canada)