Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   weekday WW redux (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=102957)

Elevens 05-04-2006 03:04 PM

Re: weekday WW redux

[ QUOTE ]
Just out of curiousity, why is Kyro clear of suspicion, as well as anyone else not on Elevens' list?

[/ QUOTE ]

Kyro isn't clear for me.

As far as everyone else, I merely forgot about them, because they haven't stood out and my memory is piss poor.

EDIT: Seeing as though you didn't make my list, it may have something to do with the fact I don't remember you saying anything until today. Have you?

BobOjedaFan 05-04-2006 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just out of curiousity, why is Kyro clear of suspicion, as well as anyone else not on Elevens' list?

[/ QUOTE ]

Kyro is clear of suspicion because everyone is afraid of him. Hornacek suspected he was a wolf and gets lynched 1st round. Those who attack Kyro have bad things happen to them. Despite his reputation as the "Helmuth" of wearwolf he has been very unproductive this game other than stating a list of like 5 suspects the 1st day??? and stating obvious strategy ie. Villagers shouldn't pretend to be wolves.

Gee thanks Kyro, I'll remember that.

Look Kyro knows he's often an early kill by the wolves, suppose he was a villager and had died last night, doesn't he realize how much his "list of suspects would rule the game" People listen to what this guy has to say to such insane extremes his whole list would have become targets. Would Kyro really be willing to take that risk and ruin the game for the villagers with potentially bad info on Day 1?
I doubt it.

I am the only person with the AUDACITY to be suspecting Kyro right now and look who Kyro is voting for... Me. With 0 explanation. Of course Kyro doesn't need explanation, he's Kyro, the Great and Mighty.

wdcbooks 05-04-2006 03:07 PM

I have been reading this thread periodically all day, and I am trying something new in not posting random votes every few minutes. It appears we have a fair number of either wolves, or villagers that don't know how to not sound like wolves. This list would include:

Junkmail
thebram
Bobo

I am certainly voting for one of them. Out of that list I have reread Junkmail's posts and if he isn't a wolf, he should go back to villager school. Vote Junkmail.

durron597 05-04-2006 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, most likely wolves list are:

1. fnord
2. madtown
3. thebram

My most likely villager list are:

1. Nicholas
2. Alex Levin
3. bobo

[/ QUOTE ]

If I was a wolf, I would put probably put 1 wolf on the likely wolves list and 1 on the likely villagers list. Which is great because I can pick out at least 4 villagers on here.

New wolf list:
Junkmail
BobOjedaFan
Elevens
Fnord_too

durron597 05-04-2006 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have been reading this thread periodically all day, and I am trying something new in not posting random votes every few minutes. It appears we have a fair number of either wolves, or villagers that don't know how to not sound like wolves. This list would include:

Junkmail
thebram
Bobo

I am certainly voting for one of them. Out of that list I have reread Junkmail's posts and if he isn't a wolf, he should go back to villager school. Vote Junkmail.

[/ QUOTE ]

wdcbooks: I don't suspect thebram because he seems to me to be this turn's wolf scapegoat. I think he's just being a dumb villager.

Thebram 05-04-2006 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, most likely wolves list are:

1. fnord
2. madtown
3. thebram

My most likely villager list are:

1. Nicholas
2. Alex Levin
3. bobo

[/ QUOTE ]

Since everyone loves lists, here's mine.

1. Zurvan - defending VR for little reason, backpedaling when called out on it
2. Tiedup - the golly-gee noob act seems nervous
3. Chuckles - each of his votes have only included an "I agree" statement. Standard wolf ploy to sound helpful without adding anything

4. VR - has actually fallen down on my list a bit. But the rally cry of flying under the radar while only posting voting updates irks me enough to leave my vote here

Also I'll go out on a limb and say that if we find Elevens is a werewolf, there will be exactly one WW in his WW list, and one in his villager list.

Thebram 05-04-2006 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Junkmail
thebram
Bobo

[/ QUOTE ]

wdcbooks: I don't suspect thebram because he seems to me to be this turn's wolf scapegoat. I think he's just being a dumb villager.

[/ QUOTE ]

gee, thanks

Elevens 05-04-2006 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Elevens,

You had a whopping 11 points, and all you said was that you thought a bunch of people were villagers. Not even one suspect? The closest you came to accusing anyone was Madtown, who has like 2 posts in this thread. Objectivity is a common wolf trait.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the [censored] criticism that I hate. Go throughout this thread (or any WW game) and you have so many people merely voting and saying nothing else. No reason at all. No one ever makes a big deal of that and no one really ever questions them for it.

However, I give some thought behind my reasoning (or I ask for some), and I get attacked? That's so BS.

I'd be better off merely throwing accusations and votes around rather than show any thought to this game. I'm not Kyro.

durron597 05-04-2006 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Junkmail
thebram
Bobo

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

gee, thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Also I'll go out on a limb and say that if we find Elevens is a werewolf, there will be exactly one WW in his WW list, and one in his villager list.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL I just said that.

I guess dumb was the wrong word, I should have said suspicious.

Elevens 05-04-2006 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Reread the thread. I guess we both make mistakes. I voted for him yesterday and so did VR.

Elevens 05-04-2006 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a great detective.

This strategy will work for any wolf that is lynched. However, since I'm a villager, how are you going to revise your list?

amplify 05-04-2006 03:17 PM

I normally don't do this, but BobO is bugging the crap out of me today.[ QUOTE ]
Kyro is clear of suspicion because everyone is afraid of him.

[/ QUOTE ]no[ QUOTE ]
Hornacek suspected he was a wolf and gets lynched 1st round.

[/ QUOTE ]not because of kyro[ QUOTE ]
Those who attack Kyro have bad things happen to them.

[/ QUOTE ]sometimes[ QUOTE ]
Despite his reputation as the "Helmuth" of wearwolf he has been very unproductive this game other than stating a list of like 5 suspects the 1st day???

[/ QUOTE ]so what[ QUOTE ]
and stating obvious strategy ie. Villagers shouldn't pretend to be wolves.

[/ QUOTE ]again, so what?
[ QUOTE ]

Gee thanks Kyro, I'll remember that.

[/ QUOTE ]this is ironic[ QUOTE ]

Look Kyro knows he's often an early kill by the wolves, suppose he was a villager and had died last night, doesn't he realize how much his "list of suspects would rule the game"

[/ QUOTE ]this is ridiculous[ QUOTE ]
People listen to what this guy has to say to such insane extremes his whole list would have become targets.

[/ QUOTE ]Wow Bob, you are really out there today[ QUOTE ]
Would Kyro really be willing to take that risk and ruin the game for the villagers with potentially bad info on Day 1?

[/ QUOTE ]absolutely[ QUOTE ]

I doubt it.

[/ QUOTE ]wouldn't be the first time you were wrong, genius.
[ QUOTE ]

I am the only person with the AUDACITY to be suspecting Kyro right now and look who Kyro is voting for... Me.

[/ QUOTE ]with good reason[ QUOTE ]
With 0 explanation.

[/ QUOTE ]because it's becoming pretty obvious, even to me[ QUOTE ]
Of course Kyro doesn't need explanation, he's Kyro, the Great and Mighty.

[/ QUOTE ]and you're BobO, the moran retart.

junkmail3 05-04-2006 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bob at 3.47:

<snip>

[/ QUOTE ]

This whole post makes me suspect you even more, in addition to me suspecting Bob.

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize that my post started to generate some momentum for Bob right? If I were a wolf, and knew Bob was a wolf, why I would try to divert the attention from myself to another wolf?

Now, if we were both wolves and had set it up throughout the day, or yesterday - that could make more sense.

But no one was really publicly suspecting Bob when I made that post ... why would I do that if we were both wolves?

Now, if he's a villager - I'm going to need to start explaining - but he's on my suspect list:

Bob
Alex
Elevens
scott
edit: thebram

villagers:
zurvan
durron (sliding the other way though)
kyro

BobOjedaFan 05-04-2006 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This is the [censored] criticism that I hate. Go throughout this thread (or any WW game) and you have so many people merely voting and saying nothing else. No reason at all. No one ever makes a big deal of that and no one really ever questions them for it.

However, I give some thought behind my reasoning (or I ask for some), and I get attacked? That's so BS.

I'd be better off merely throwing accusations and votes around rather than show any thought to this game. I'm not Kyro.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I know, and god forbid you change your mind, that really gets you thrown to the wolves (no pun intended)

Zurvan 05-04-2006 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

1. Zurvan - defending VR for little reason, backpedaling when called out on it

[/ QUOTE ]

How is repeating my previous point backpedalling? I said the same damn thing twice. Show how I went back on my previous point.

Thebram 05-04-2006 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Reread the thread. I guess we both make mistakes. I voted for him yesterday and so did VR.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just figured that was because you were still upset that I went after you so hard in the first attempt at this game.

You're acting/reacting pretty much the same that you did then, which is why I not too suspicious of you right now.

I'm sure you love the fact that I'm psedo-defending you.

durron597 05-04-2006 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, what? I don't see how this doesn't compute. Just because someone got votes last turn doesn't mean the description "this turn's scapegoat" doesn't fit.

I also have no opinion on VR (and haven't mentioned anything either) so I don't see why bringing that up should mean anything to me. Also you saying that doesn't change anything to me.

You and junkmail are both definitely wolves, with a fairly likely but not as much Bob. I have to reread the thread before I will confirm my opinion on fnord.

TIEdup14 05-04-2006 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3. Chuckles - each of his votes have only included an "I agree" statement. Standard wolf ploy to sound helpful without adding anything

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, I think Chuckles acted the exact same way in the turbo we played earlier in which he was a wolf.

I'll vote Chuckles, but dont be too surprised if my vote changes.

Elevens 05-04-2006 03:21 PM

Junkmail,

How can our lists be SO different? Under any scenario of you and I being wolf/villager? Seriously?

junkmail3 05-04-2006 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Junkmail,

How can our lists be SO different? Under any scenario of you and I being wolf/villager? Seriously?

[/ QUOTE ]

We have different tastes - I like Werewolf, you like human.

durron597 05-04-2006 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You do realize that my post started to generate some momentum for Bob right? If I were a wolf, and knew Bob was a wolf, why I would try to divert the attention from myself to another wolf?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because if Bob is a wolf it clears you.

.Alex. 05-04-2006 03:28 PM

Elevens,

Sorry, but you can't use that argument against me. You were in WW vs. Mafia when I got mad at xorbie for voting randomly on day 1. I don't like the one line votes without reasoning any more than you do. However, I realize that those people, along with the AFKers, are usually not wolves. But when someone makes a huge post without a single actual accusation, that rings a bell. Wolves can be very good at writing a lot without saying anything, which is what I sensed you were trying to do.

junkmail3 05-04-2006 03:28 PM

But why I would I direct attention to him right then? I didn't have much of a bandwagon going against me yet. I mean, Alex voted for me - and I guess you started it off like that. But I didn't have a host of supporters yelling to lynch me. Only a few.

It wouldn't be worth it at this point to do that if I were a wolf.

Look, all I'm saying is that Bobo is the most obviuos wolf here - his defense sucks, his posts are contradictory, and he smells.

If he IS a WW, we'll deal with me tomorrow. If he's a villager, we'll deal with me tomorrow. But I said it before (and Alex is probably going to hound me for this, but I'm in a jam any way you look at it - I have a lot of talking to do tomorrow in either case)

I think that as a village, we gain the least by lynching me tonight, as my lynching does nothing to help out the other wolves.

Nicholasp27 05-04-2006 03:38 PM

for now i wanna keep pressure on the two bandwagons to see how things change as we get closer to the 7pm deadline

vote junkmail

JaredL 05-04-2006 03:41 PM

2 mod polls. First is about updating votes. Second is about starting a new thread.

Once again, if you have any issues with either of these things that you feel should be brought to my attention pm me, do not post it in the thread.

chuckleslovakian 05-04-2006 03:43 PM

I'm curious as to what everyone thinks of Sumzero. During the first brief run of this Sumzero was a villager, and was a lot more talkative and inquistive than he has been so far. Also when I asked him why he said he was a wolf during nonstar 2, he came back with a long reply, and said who should have been suspected because of that play. Then this game when I asked for an analysis of what we could make of Hornacek's I'm a wolf play, he just shrugged it off.

Elevens 05-04-2006 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm curious as to what everyone thinks of Sumzero. During the first brief run of this Sumzero was a villager, and was a lot more talkative and inquistive than he has been so far. Also when I asked him why he said he was a wolf during nonstar 2, he came back with a long reply, and said who should have been suspected because of that play. Then this game when I asked for an analysis of what we could make of Hornacek's I'm a wolf play, he just shrugged it off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gut feeling is that he is okay as stated in my 11 useless points earlier.

You, on the other hand, are acting strangely like you did in the Mish-Mish game.

edited for punctuation

chuckleslovakian 05-04-2006 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You, on the other hand are acting strangely like you did in the Mish Mish game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally I fail to see how not jumping on an obvious bandwagon frees you from being a WW.

Elevens 05-04-2006 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You were in WW vs. Mafia when I got mad at xorbie for voting randomly on day 1.

[/ QUOTE ]

Random voting on day one doesn't really bother me as much. I understand the strategy. What I don't like is single posts of voting and no other posts (like Madtown). xorbie at least goes all over the place with his votes and has some thought in other posts. However, merely sneaking a vote in the middle or the end of a bandwagon is troubling -- especially when you've been absent the entire game.

Elevens 05-04-2006 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You, on the other hand are acting strangely like you did in the Mish Mish game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally I fail to see how not jumping on an obvious bandwagon frees you from being a WW.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because Hornacek was all but doomed at that point. I doubt most WWs would have thought it that far out not to pile on and turn around to vote for someone who wasn't going to die. They would have simply not voted at all or piled on, and not have voted for another villager.

I don't think my bandwagon was much of anything at that point, but I could be wrong without double-checking.

EDIT: Added "have voted".

JaredL 05-04-2006 04:09 PM

Vote count:
6 junkmail - alex, amplify, durron, nicholas, scott, wdcbooks
4 bobojedafan - junkmail, kyro, shortline, zurvan
2 thebram - chuckles, Voracious Reader
2 Voracious Reader - [censored], thebram
1 alex levin - patton
1 amplify - fnord
1 chuckles - tiedup
1 kyro - bobojedafan

Again, voting is not official until 7 Eastern.

Thebram 05-04-2006 04:19 PM

for the reasons I mentioned before, and to see how long it takes tiedup to remove his token vote for his wolf buddy,
unvote VR, vote chuckles

SumZero 05-04-2006 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been quiet at various points in the game because of work meetings away from computer. I'm at a computer and just caught up with the thread. In the other game I wasn't lynched using the Hornacek's strategy until day 2 and there were others who were suspects at the time so there is more information to be gained. With respect to the Hornacek's strategy my only analysis was it was no more likely nor less likely that he was a wolf based on the stunt.

Based on memory yesterday the main people who were under by the village of consideration to be wolves were Hornacek, Elevens, Thebram.

Based on today's posts it seems like Elevens is looking more like a villager to me and Bobo and Junkmail join Thebram as suspects. Zurvan was a name a lot of people seemed to suspect in discussion but he didn't pick up votes. Not sure what to make of that.

Other than them I think we should consider the afk people. I agree that Shortline and others may have good reason to know that they can survive by staying silent. But I don't think we should be to happy with that as that seems to be a clear wolf thing. Not saying we should vote for all the afk or silent people, but we should at least force them to post thoughts and/or votes.

For now, I'll add a Thebram vote as I think it is possible that Bobo/Junkmail are villagers posting a lot.

junkmail3 05-04-2006 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
for now i wanna keep pressure on the two bandwagons to see how things change as we get closer to the 7pm deadline

vote junkmail

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like the wolves are happy keeping the vote count on me. Nothing left to talk about while there is a villager on the gallows.

durron597 05-04-2006 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

vote junkmail

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like the wolves are happy keeping the vote count on me. Nothing left to talk about while there is a villager on the gallows.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the unlikely event that, you are not a wolf I feel like the village will learn a lot, because the discussion of the issue has resulted in a lot of posting from a lot of people.

junkmail3 05-04-2006 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

vote junkmail

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In the unlikely event that, you are not a wolf I feel like the village will learn a lot, because the discussion of the issue has resulted in a lot of posting from a lot of people.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's my point, I'm a villager - the wolves are happy. If we get the votes on someone else (Bob - who everyone who thinks that I am a wolf, also thinks that HE is a wolf) we will get more discussion out of the day.

junkmail3 05-04-2006 04:55 PM

If you are a villager - you really are playing the worst I've seen you play.

Elevens 05-04-2006 04:59 PM

I was just checking on some of our infrequent posters in this game.

TJ needs to be replaced. They replaced him as a mod in the WW III game going on right now. He hasn't posted on 2+2 since 5/01.

I think everyone should check out "Show all user's posts" option on everyone. Amazingly, people are posting in other games (current WW III), but not here. Why is that?

And, I'm going home for now. I will hopefully have to time to check in before the 7pm deadline.

Until then, I'll go with my vote from yesterday: Lynch Thebram (or unless something else comes up better).

EDIT: Jared, if TJ isn't a wolf, and is mod-killed, can we get something as compensation? Maybe both seers getting a look tonight?? Perhaps an angel role for a night or two?? Something????

[censored] 05-04-2006 05:10 PM

Elevens. I tend to post when I have something to say. Read into that what you will.

JaredL 05-04-2006 05:14 PM

mod announcement

TJ is MIA. He has been replaced by Traz.

Jared