Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Election! - The Game Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=307361)

Spook 01-17-2007 01:54 PM

Re: Election! - The Game Thread

I am saying that we do have an assassin, and it might be useful depending on if a good player is the assassin or not because it is a kill every day/night cycle.

What the assassin decides is up to them.

HerbieGRD 01-17-2007 01:54 PM

Ok so as the day goes on I would have no problem if we lynched Zurvan, Voj, or Econophile today

ScottHoward 01-17-2007 01:59 PM

i just remembered why i hate long games [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Stephen H 01-17-2007 02:01 PM

Herbie: Any thoughts on who you're going to vote for?

HerbieGRD 01-17-2007 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Herbie: Any thoughts on who you're going to vote for?

[/ QUOTE ]
I would like to see some more platform-ish stuff from some people - particularly Fnord. At the moment I think Fnord is the person I would like to vote for the most because I think he is a villager and a good wolf-finder. The only people I am really against voting are the 6 on my wolf list from earlier but I want to vote for someone with a decent number of votes - I think having the votes spread too thin helps the wolves manipulate the electorate too much.

Jeremy517 01-17-2007 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jeremy can die however.

[/ QUOTE ]

Other than the fact that you're clearly just bandwaggoning, please give a few reasons why you think I'm a wolf?

ScottHoward 01-17-2007 02:14 PM

people, as an fyi, ive moved valenzuela up a bit on my wolf list and moved chuck down
[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

xorb/ jeremy
bram
dmk
zurv
valenzuela
traz
voj
cpfb
econophile
stephenh
chuck

MDoranD 01-17-2007 02:18 PM

I was just going to say that I highly doubt Chuckles is a wolf.

He puts me on his suspect list close to never when hes a wolf and im a villager. Since im a villager, hes just a villager too...just slightly misguided thus far.

ScottHoward 01-17-2007 02:19 PM

somebody posted in the discussion thread!!! please kill me so i can read it!!!!

ScottHoward 01-17-2007 02:24 PM

ok 7 minutes and its go time
most peoples participation is awful today

Thebram 01-17-2007 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

He puts me on his suspect list close to never when hes a wolf and im a villager. Since im a villager, hes just a villager too...just slightly misguided thus far.

[/ QUOTE ]

if I had a dollar for every time a mdd post made me throw up in my mouth...

btw, I had hot dogs for lunch [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

MDoranD 01-17-2007 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if I had a dollar for every time a mdd post made me throw up in my mouth...

btw, I had hot dogs for lunch [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont get it. I think you probably dont either.

Stephen H 01-17-2007 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.

I think we've wrung about all we're going to get out of day 1. Which is a bit sad, since it seems a lot of people still don't have wolf suspects yet, but I doubt we're getting any today. Let's finish up the voting and move to the electorate.

Jeremy517 01-17-2007 02:38 PM

Total guesses of wolf suspects:
Xorbie for his horrible lists
Spook for his obvious bandwaggoning without reason
Anyone who doesn't come back and make an official vote

Spook 01-17-2007 02:39 PM

So the discussion thread now has 18 views and one post.
I wonder what it said?

HerbieGRD 01-17-2007 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder what it said?

[/ QUOTE ]
Just wait until ScottHoward dies - then we will get some action over there....

Iron_Yuppie 01-17-2007 02:40 PM

I do not trust StephenH today. I hope he does not get elected. From most, I'd think that voting for yourself is a pretty villagery move, but not from Stephen. Or from Shortline, obviously. From valenzuela, however, I consider it very villagery.

chim17 01-17-2007 02:41 PM

Wolf list from me:

Voj
Econophile
Boiler
Valenzuela
Also, I am skeptical of DMK but not as much as the above.

People I trust right now:

Fnord
SH
Traz

aaronk56 01-17-2007 02:42 PM

I was tied up out of he office until about one so I just caught up on the thread. I have less of a clue than usual but I'm voting Fnord.

He is a good wolf finder and I like the fact that he doesn't let his ego run amok in the thread, like some other players who are getting votes.

Thebram 01-17-2007 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.

I think we've wrung about all we're going to get out of day 1. Which is a bit sad, since it seems a lot of people still don't have wolf suspects yet, but I doubt we're getting any today. Let's finish up the voting and move to the electorate.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wanted to wait until the end to vote, but I agree that day 1 has run its course.

Originally I intended to vote IY, but fnord's posts today have swayed me

vote fnord

amplify 01-17-2007 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder what it said?

[/ QUOTE ]
Since it was fishmonger it probably said:

wll i thnk thet sum ppl r wolfs bt nt whoe yuo thikn r theeme

traz 01-17-2007 02:44 PM

At least I'm happy fnord is getting votes

amplify 01-17-2007 02:46 PM

he's built fnord tough

Stephen H 01-17-2007 02:48 PM

For simplicity, I'm going to assume all "SH" references are Scott Howard, not me.

I'm suspicious of anyone coming in and providing a wolf list shortly after my post saying we don't have wolf lists from several people. It's wolfy, and I've done it myself as a wolf, so I know it's an easy trap to fall into. So, extra wolf marks for Jeremy, and I'm putting chim on my wolf list.
My top two lynch candidates are Jeremy and Zurvan.

Spook 01-17-2007 02:49 PM

I can support Stephen H I did vote for him after all.

chim17 01-17-2007 02:50 PM

Stephen,

I just woke up and wanted to share my thoughts.

Stephen H 01-17-2007 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At least I'm happy fnord is getting votes

[/ QUOTE ]
My math suggests that if fnord gets one more vote, he's a lock for electorate. Do your own double-checking before relying on my calculations, but I think you can lock him in with a vote.
Of course, you may want to save your vote for yourself, too.

traz 01-17-2007 02:52 PM

The only reason I haven't voted fnord is that I am indeed saving it for myself...as somehow I've become an underdog in this race

CPFB 01-17-2007 03:02 PM

sorry about that clowntable. Despite the fact that you're an ou fan, I think that you're a villager. While I don't agree with all the strategy posts you've made today (day 1), I do feel that you are a pretty solid villager.

Stephen has moved back into my wolfy list. I would really not like to see him on today's electorate.

Spook is getting put on my wolf list for now. His posts today seemed like someone trying to be helpful without actually being helpful.

valenzuela is most certainly a villager at this point.

Scott is a fairly clear villager in my head right now. He has been making some good posts today. This could be subject to change.

iron just regurgitated the rule set into one post. I'm not sure if this is a sign of village or not. Traz thought it was fascinating. I don't know what I think.

My New List:

Good:
wdcbooks
mets
Zurvan
Herbie
scott
soah
fnord
valenzuela
clown
xorbie
IY
fmxda
econo

wolf:
boiler
stephen
spook
dmk
voj

post more:
chim
aaron

meh:
shorty
traz
iron
chuck
luckay
mdoran
bram
jeremy
bluff
fcbl
lastchance

dmk 01-17-2007 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only reason I haven't voted fnord is that I am indeed saving it for myself...as somehow I've become an underdog in this race

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe you're not as good as you think? [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

CPFB 01-17-2007 03:04 PM

traz,

Is it the worst thing in the world if you're not elected to the day 1 electorate?

ScottHoward 01-17-2007 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Traz thought it was fascinating

[/ QUOTE ]
i lolled

Stephen H 01-17-2007 03:07 PM

Fnord, you and I are frontrunners to get elected at this point - who are you considering lynching? Should we start putting pressure on likely lynch candidates to get role claims from them before the polls close?

Those who haven't voted, a rough count (unofficial, but it's what I'm working with):
4 votes:
fnord(aaron, bram, chim, zurvan)
stephen(dmk, econophile,spook, stephen)
3 votes:
traz(bluff, xorbie, lastchance)
wdcbooks(cpfb,jeremy,soah)
2 votes:
IY(fnord, mets)
mets(scott, amplify)
shorty(shorty, luckay)
soah(wdc, chuck)

6 votes left outstanding (clown, fmxda, herbie, IY, mdorand, traz)
So getting 5 votes isn't a lock yet (but it's at least a coinflip to get in) but probably will be. 4 votes is a possiblity; 3 votes probably doesn't cut it.

traz 01-17-2007 03:09 PM

In my last 5 games as a villager I've nailed a wolf in damn near each of them, the only exception being Star Wars

People don't like that I KNOW I'm good, or that I say I'm good. That doesn't mean its untrue.

Its not the worst thing in the world if I'm not elected, but its just stupid villager pride to spite me.

shortline99 01-17-2007 03:10 PM

this day is ugly. but, it's y'all's day. don't let me drag you down.

ScottHoward 01-17-2007 03:11 PM

id like everybody to state the name of the player they will lynch if voted in before the voting ends.
tomorrow, before anybody votes, we need to discuss lynch candidates, then everybody can declare who they would lynch if voted in, then we can vote.

traz 01-17-2007 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Traz thought it was fascinating. I don't know what I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

I said I liked his style. I didn't say his post was fascinating, or good, or anything else. I just said iron should sign up for more games.

traz 01-17-2007 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In my last 5 games as a villager I've nailed a wolf in damn near each of them, the only exception being Star Wars

People don't like that I KNOW I'm good, or that I say I'm good. That doesn't mean its untrue.

Its not the worst thing in the world if I'm not elected, but its just stupid villager pride to spite me.

[/ QUOTE ]

The first line is referring to Day 1 specifically.

lastchance 01-17-2007 03:12 PM

Thought/Suggestion:
The assassin should come out right now.

I don't think he can be stopped by the wolves. It'd be nice to know what all his kills are or are going to be, and the docs can protect him every single turn. Probably the most powerful non-seer, non-doctor villager role. Anyone agree?

And I really need to reread and I will later. Class now.

shortline99 01-17-2007 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
don't sweat it, champ. even less people seem to be voting for me... though i don't seem to be on many people's "wolf" lists. in fact, i noticed myself on an awful lot of villager lists.

Fnord and Stephen: do you trust me somewhat at this point in the game? Is there a way to convince you that I'm good by this evening? Would you listen to my vote-off opinions? Are you wolves?