Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   The Lounge: Discussion+Review (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   November "I FORGOT MY MANTRA" Low Content chit-chat thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=537581)

Blarg 11-13-2007 09:24 PM

Re: November \"I FORGOT MY MANTRA\" Low Content chit-chat thread

What's with the Brits? I keep reading stories like this on the BBC site:

Boy admits brick attack on child

Dominic 11-13-2007 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What's with the Brits? I keep reading stories like this on the BBC site:

Boy admits brick attack on child

[/ QUOTE ]

Brits aren't really human, Blarg. So they sometimes do things we don't understand. I thought everyone knew this.

Blarg 11-13-2007 09:45 PM

I thought it was just DB.

katyseagull 11-13-2007 10:32 PM

Dom and Blarg,

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Please do not disrespect our British readers and one of my favorite posters.

Blarg 11-13-2007 10:50 PM

Maybe it's just some kind of hazing or rite of passage for Brit kids? Beat each other's heads in with bricks? I guess it's good training for football hooliganism later on ...

Dominic 11-13-2007 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dom and Blarg,

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Please do not disrespect our British readers and one of my favorite posters.

[/ QUOTE ]

Katy, it's a joke. I think DB knows I'm teasing him when I say something so preposterous.

katyseagull 11-13-2007 11:19 PM

ok Dom. I just worry about offending an entire nationality know what I mean? We don't want to drive away what few regulars we have do we? wot? wot?! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

SoloAJ 11-14-2007 01:02 AM

Oh come on now katy. It would take more than calling DB not human to drive him away. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

diebitter 11-14-2007 04:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe it's just some kind of hazing or rite of passage for Brit kids? Beat each other's heads in with bricks? I guess it's good training for football hooliganism later on ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, it's probably because our youngsters don't get such ready access to guns, so they have to improvise.

ZING!

Overall, I guess it's our way of keeping match-fit for when the Germans want to have another go. We like to give them something a bit trickier because, let's face it, everyone else is a walkover for them (except the Russians).

That's why the Brits seem to always be in some land war or another, but - shhhhh - don't tell anyone.

ChipWrecked 11-14-2007 05:00 AM

KDawg:

Don't know if it's available in your area but my brother-in-law owns this vineyard in Sonoma County. Reviews look pretty good. To say he is obsessed with the perfect pinot grape would be an understatement.