Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sports Betting (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   === OFFICIAL November -- December 2007 CHATTER THREAD === (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=536641)

kyro 11-20-2007 01:26 PM

Re: === OFFICIAL November -- December 2007 CHATTER THREAD ===

[ QUOTE ]
count record AND units = standard. Or, some just count record as their 'followers' bet whatever units they feel like.

1-0 ats, +2u.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you misunderstood my question, or I misunderstood your answer. I plan on reporting both record and units, but if I get two different lines on the same game like I did with the Pats, do I count them as two separate games since I could win one of them and lose the other?

calmB4storm 11-20-2007 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
total $$$ won or lost is what matters.

[/ QUOTE ]

Paul B. 11-21-2007 08:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a reporting question for you guys. Wasn't important enough to start another thread, but I'm curious.

I bet 1u at Pats -15 (-110) early last week. Later in the week, I put another 1u on Pats -16 (-115).

Both of these spreads covered. Do I count this as 1-0 or 2-0 when counting my record, or does it not matter, since total units won or lost is what matters.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm no sportsbetting expert but I think it should count as one wager. If you think about it in extremes, had you made 10 similar bets on the same outcome and won all of them, you're 1-0, not 10-0 (which would be very sketchy).

Whatever you do, you should follow a consistent system. I like: 1-0 if you win units, 0-1 if you lose units.

Daliman 11-21-2007 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have a reporting question for you guys. Wasn't important enough to start another thread, but I'm curious.

I bet 1u at Pats -15 (-110) early last week. Later in the week, I put another 1u on Pats -16 (-115). 2-0, +2u.

Both of these spreads covered. Do I count this as 1-0 or 2-0 when counting my record, or does it not matter, since total units won or lost is what matters.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm no sportsbetting expert but I think it should count as one wager. If you think about it in extremes, had you made 10 similar bets on the same outcome and won all of them, you're 1-0, not 10-0 (which would be very sketchy).

Whatever you do, you should follow a consistent system. I like: 1-0 if you win units, 0-1 if you lose units.

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree. What if Pats won by 15.5(.....)? Each bet placed at different lines has a chance for a different outcome, and therefore is a different bet.

nutshot2 11-21-2007 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Each bet placed at different lines has a chance for a different outcome, and therefore is a different bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

NajdorfDefense 11-21-2007 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
count record AND units = standard. Or, some just count record as their 'followers' bet whatever units they feel like.

1-0 ats, +2u.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you misunderstood my question, or I misunderstood your answer. I plan on reporting both record and units, but if I get two different lines on the same game like I did with the Pats, do I count them as two separate games since I could win one of them and lose the other?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's one game, so count it as one unless you split somehow, than count as 1-1. Regardless, Units/$$$ is what matters to most as others have said. 1-0 +10u is fine. 1-1 +9u is fine. Etc. 1-1 -1u is fine.

rsigley 11-21-2007 07:28 PM

what about if i bet a line at +105, knowing the other side will move to +odds before gametime

it happened a couple times last year, whenever the yanks opened opened at +105 or below, i'd bet them know by gametime their opponent would be + odds to bet them too

i never counted these in my record, but would that really be 1-1 + whatever units?

kyro 11-21-2007 08:16 PM

alright, thanks everyone. I'll just report it as the same unit as i've been doing and not sweat it too much.

kyro 11-21-2007 08:20 PM

Does anyone else have trouble connecting to bodog?

llabb 11-21-2007 08:57 PM

No. Have placed a couple bets there within the last hour. Although they did a service upgrade and were out this morning, so there may still be some lingering issues in spots.