Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Should the Pats be running up the score on everybody in garbage time? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=525670)

jessica1994 10-18-2007 07:07 PM

Re: Should the Pats be running up the score on everybody in garbage ti

if im not mistaken point differential is one of the later tiebreakers so getting points is still better than not when they are up their standard 17+ late.

kidcolin 10-18-2007 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't have a problem with Simmons stating how good the Pats are (I think they are an awesome team), its more just how arrogant and annoying he is about it. The whole like "ZOMG everyone is mean to us, we'll show you!" is pretty annoying, and makes people hate the pats more than the stupid cheating thing. And how he ended the article, the "the only sign that matters now is the two middle fingers towards the sky" thing was incredibly retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's like what Pudge wrote. What's annoying is Simmons writes the same damn thing every monday or whatever. "OMG the Pats are taking no prisoners!"

Franchise 60 10-18-2007 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if im not mistaken point differential is one of the later tiebreakers so getting points is still better than not when they are up their standard 17+ late.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't head to head before PD? Since they play Indy, SD, and Pitt, and Head to Head is number 1 tiebreaker, and points is 9th I don't see how that would matter/factor into coaching decisions.

Richard Tanner 10-18-2007 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
/cue Edge coming in and saying the Colts would never run up the score on any team no matter how insulted they felt.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. I've had problems with my Internet from Charter for the past few days...but I have to say, this is one of my favorite posts in my entire history at 2p2.

I'm so in your head that you have to come on here with your little childish jabs. Didn't come back quite so hard when it was Richard Tanner saying they probably wouldn't (oh wait, he only said 98%).

Do I think they would? No. That's because, as far as I can tell, Tony Dungy has WORLDS more class than Bill Belichick.

THAT being said, do I care so much that the Pats are running it up on teams? Not really. Do I think that, if it really is because they're still upset they got caught cheating, that they're being petty and childish? Maybe a little, but not so much that its going to piss me off. They can score 200 on everybody all year if they want...as far as I'm concerned, both the Colts and Pats are undefeated, and that's all I care about at this point.

Keep trying there kyro...when you hit puberty and become an adult, maybe you can get me out of your head. Your childish little jabs really don't bother me at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

More class(praise Jesus)...but less rings. I'm sure BB can live with that trade off.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't doubt that for an instant. I don't think he's the kind of guy who's ever worried about being liked by, well, anybody, and more power to him. Just saying what I see (and obviously I'm not the only one).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah..I just think the whole concept of having a "classy" coach or your coach being a class act is [censored] retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you mean "retahded, wicked retahded".

What's this "class doesn't matter non-sense". Class is another criteria we use to judge people (I can say "we" 'cause I'm a people). You may not, but alot of people look at a person's character to help decide how they feel about that person.

Billy is a whiny toolbox who can't stand losing. Simply detesting failure is the mark of a good competitor but refusing to shake the opposing coaches hand/give a post-game conference of any consequence/compete in a way lacking class or dignity is certain to drive off fans.

Again, if Bill coached for any other team, you'd be saying the same things everyone else. All part of being a fan.

Cody

Semtex 10-18-2007 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't have a problem with Simmons stating how good the Pats are (I think they are an awesome team), its more just how arrogant and annoying he is about it. The whole like "ZOMG everyone is mean to us, we'll show you!" is pretty annoying, and makes people hate the pats more than the stupid cheating thing. And how he ended the article, the "the only sign that matters now is the two middle fingers towards the sky" thing was incredibly retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's like what Pudge wrote. What's annoying is Simmons writes the same damn thing every monday or whatever. "OMG the Pats are taking no prisoners!"

[/ QUOTE ]
I love his preseason rankings of nfl teams where without fail the patriots are always the best team in the nfl and are sure to win the super bowl.

xorbie 10-18-2007 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
patriots are always the best team in the nfl and are sure to win the super bowl.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree.

Kneel B4 Zod 10-18-2007 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but refusing to shake the opposing coaches hand

[/ QUOTE ]

there is obviously no love lost between Mangini and Belichick, but it pretty clearly goes both ways

[ QUOTE ]
give a post-game conference of any consequence

[/ QUOTE ]

this is for a reason, it's not just b/c he feels like being a dick

[ QUOTE ]
compete in a way lacking class or dignity is certain to drive off fans

[/ QUOTE ]

fans care about winning. he has never been as popular in NE. if fans outside NE hate him, it's mostly due to how successful he's been and the way he carries himself. I think the comparison to Bonds is pretty good. people don't really care about steroids, they just hate Bonds b/c he is arrogant. you could say the same about BB. the cheating would absolutely not be a big deal if it was the Browns or Lions or Raiders or whatever

bottomset 10-18-2007 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not knowledgeable about the other 4 teams you listed to comment, but

[ QUOTE ]
In fact, what Simmons forgets is that the 2007 Colts is nearly as dominant as the 2007 Pats.

[/ QUOTE ]

isn't even close to being true.

[/ QUOTE ]

DVOA
NE 62.8
Indy 53.0

Indy is #1 in estimated wins as well

kyro 10-18-2007 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not knowledgeable about the other 4 teams you listed to comment, but

[ QUOTE ]
In fact, what Simmons forgets is that the 2007 Colts is nearly as dominant as the 2007 Pats.

[/ QUOTE ]

isn't even close to being true.

[/ QUOTE ]

DVOA
NE 62.8
Indy 53.0

Indy is #1 in estimated wins as well

[/ QUOTE ]

That's all true, but the Pats have blown out every team, regardless of opponent. The Colts have 2 wins by less than a TD. Saying they are nearly as dominant is silly.

Richard Tanner 10-18-2007 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...they just hate Bonds b/c he is arrogant. you could say the same about BB. the cheating would absolutely not be a big deal if it was the Browns or Lions or Raiders or whatever

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree, but that doesn't really change anything. Cheating is cheating, and the guy isn't winning friends by the way he coaches.

I'm well aware that Pats fans don't care about class, and that's all well and good, but it will be interesting to see when they revert to celler-dwellers (remember the early-mid 90s when it would be IND 1-12 @ NE 2-11) and teams run up the score on them as payback.

Cody