Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Official NE Patriots gogogogo to the SB thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=497025)

bottomset 09-18-2007 03:18 PM

Re: Official NE Patriots gogogogo to the SB thread

[ QUOTE ]
Cross post:

Some home game munchkin bet me and 5 friends last night $100 each that the Patriots will not win the SB this year.

He gave us 10:1 odds...

Worst bet in the history of everything?

[/ QUOTE ]

you are putting up 10 to win 100, or 100 to win 1k

hopefully for your case its the latter

I think Brady would have to go down for the year for the Pats to have <9% chance of winning the superbowl

27offsuit 09-18-2007 04:29 PM

100------------->1000

27offsuit 09-18-2007 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if it makes you feel better, he'll probably only be on the Pats this year. he'll be a FA in the offseason, and will likely go elsewhere unless he really loves playing in NE and takes (another) discount

[/ QUOTE ]

No way he leaves after one year. No way.

kidcolin 09-18-2007 04:43 PM

why? If he keeps this type of production, he's in for a huge offseason payday. You think the Pats will pony up?

CharlieDontSurf 09-18-2007 05:08 PM

I don't think Pats have to offer him huge contract just a solid one...and basically all their recievers besides Welker are on 1 year deals. Plus they may lose Assante who is costing 7 mill

So its not out of the question for them to keep him on a pricey 2-4 year deal if they win the SB.

EPiPeN11 09-18-2007 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if it makes you feel better, he'll probably only be on the Pats this year. he'll be a FA in the offseason, and will likely go elsewhere unless he really loves playing in NE and takes (another) discount

[/ QUOTE ]

Moss does love playing here and he took a huge discount to come here. For as much crap as he gets, he loves to win. He loves it here even more than I thought he would, him and Brady sound like best friends, I highly doubt he will leave.

vhawk01 09-18-2007 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Moss does love playing here and he took a huge discount to come here. For as much crap as he gets, he loves to win. He loves it here even more than I thought he would, him and Brady sound like best friends, I highly doubt he will leave.

[/ QUOTE ]

He took a discount? Wasn't he traded?

CocoaKrispies 09-18-2007 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

He took a discount? Wasn't he traded?

[/ QUOTE ]

He restructured his deal when he came here to take a huge pay cut so that the Pats could afford him.

27offsuit 09-18-2007 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why? If he keeps this type of production, he's in for a huge offseason payday. You think the Pats will pony up?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they'll find a middle ground that they can both accept. I actually wouldn't be surprised if they give him a 3-5 year deal.
I may be a homer, but I'm pretty sure everyone in the league knows by now that the Patriots do it a little different than everyone else.
The fact is, Randy Moss is less 'problem player' and more 'ideal teammate' than most people would like to think....under the right program.

Back in the draft when he was shopped around, GB was the frontrunner, but their GM didn't pull the trigger. After NE got him, I thought that HERE was the ONLY place where Moss was going to get another crack at greatness. If he had gone to GB, it wasn't going to happen. Why? Structure. NE is a self-policing team of "smart, tough" professionals that want to win and think 'team' in every aspect of what they do, from the top down.

Now he's gotten a taste, and I'm sure he knows going to play anyplace else would pale in comparison, save for Indy.

\homer rant

Also, ask Deion Branch about production without a top-tier QB, let alone one of the best gunslingers in the history of the NFL. In 2 games, Tom Brady is running at an 80% completion rate.

80 [censored] percent!

Randy doesn't want the ball. He wants to win.

Aikman-Irvin
Montana-Rice
Brady-Moss? Could be...

memoryzero 09-19-2007 02:27 AM

Seriously watch what you say on this site. If you say anything negative about Peyton Manning or the Colts you will be banned for two days for trolling. Happended to me