Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Official Illinois has more wins than Michigan and ND combined thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=496756)

illini43 11-04-2007 05:37 PM

Re: Official Illinois has more wins than Michigan and ND combined thre

Thanks for the info.

I find it ridiculous that I'm all uptight about what bowl game to go to now after I was hoping just to slide in at the beginning of the season.

iron81 11-04-2007 05:42 PM

But keep in mind that bowl berths are not strictly handed out by final rank. Only the Rose Bowl is guaranteed according to record. The rest of the bowls may choose any of the Big 10 bowl eligible teams. The rankings I gave are basically just which bowls have priority in selection. For those bowls, which school travels well, will watch the game on TV the most is at least as important as record.

Troll_Inc 11-10-2007 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

LOL keep dreaming.

Ohio State is a lot tougher than Iowa and Ball St. Illinois has had a great turnaround this year, but don't get all confident thinking you are actually good yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's my thinking on the subject.

Ohio St escaped with a win last year and Illinois is like 3x better than last year (2-7 last year). Also, this is surely a trap game for Ohio State who will looking forward to the always tough contest at Michigan the next week and also getting smoked again in the National Championship game. They will take the Illini lightly and hence the surprise win.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bump for the Jinx!

Troll_Inc 11-10-2007 06:44 PM

TOUCHDOWN!!!!

bellytimber 11-10-2007 07:37 PM

...with some luck, after Jan 1st...

10 > 8 + 1

bugstud 11-10-2007 07:38 PM

troll wins.

MacGuyV 11-10-2007 07:39 PM

Good job Troll_Inc.

kyro 11-10-2007 07:47 PM

Hooray Illinois.

illini43 11-10-2007 09:49 PM

BOOYAH

Troll_Inc 11-14-2007 09:07 PM

OK, so in the grand scheme of college football it's no great accomplishment, but Illinois is now ranked ahead of Michigan.

There's no line on the OSU/Michigan game yet, but I would imagine OSU will be a slight favorite? In any event what happens if Illinois wins and

1) OSU wins. Both Illinois and Mich. would be 6-2 in the conference. Illinois would have the better record and ranking. Would they go to the 2nd best Big Ten Bowl game? Is the head to head "tie-breaker" considered at all here?

2) If Michigan beats OSU by a little, I would imagine Illinois come in 3rd.

3) What happens if OSU completely collapses and gets blown out by Michigan? How far do they fall in the standings and how much is their bowl selection hurt?