Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   fans of The Wire: which character is your favorite? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=467269)

boxedIn 08-03-2007 12:43 AM

Re: fans of The Wire: which character is your favorite?

Yeah, he was a dick in S1. So what? Did you want to gauge your eyeballs out when he was banging on the car horn all pissed off at Randy getting [censored]? He didn't learn how to police until Hampsterdam came into being, and then he started to really see [censored] the way it is. I agree his S1 is eye-gouging worthy, but only if you don't watch the rest.

Puf2006champ 08-03-2007 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry if already mentioned but I love Clay Davis

"Shhhhhiiiiiiiiit"

[/ QUOTE ]

This is even better because the same actor says the exact same line in The 25th Hour. It's like they just cast him to say his one line like it is his "Whatcho Talkin' 'Bout Willis?"

Soul Daddy 08-03-2007 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The music to s2 is by far the best, but it's totally ruined by the singer's Grover impression. I'd also give the overall crown to s1.

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] you for hating on Tom Waits.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're mean.

Sorry man. Friends have tried pushing him, but I just never got it. In this song especially, he sounds like a monster. I'm guessing that that whoever chose the theme agreed with me, since they picked a cover for s1 and only unveiled this one once they had an audience.

Jules22 08-03-2007 01:16 AM

didnt read the whole thread yet, but the first page makes me wanna puke - not even a nomination for avon barksdale? his menacing demeanor is what keeps the first season sizzling, and he puts in great appearances in seasons 2 and 3

"i don't know [censored] about jail. i aint TRYING to know [censored] about jail, ya feel me?"

Jules22 08-03-2007 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not a lot of love for Avon, who I think is fantastic.

Shoutouts for Wallace, Frank Sobotka, and Wee-Bey (his scene where he put his wife in line at the end of Season 4 was insanely awesome).

[/ QUOTE ]

^5 - i also love rawls, burrell, CLARENCE ROYCE who i know wont get much love, landsman, the greek and his 2nd in command, wee bey.... god i love this show i could rattle on for hours about it. im watching a sick bootleg of season 4. if i had to rank them i would ran them from best to least best (not gonna use the word worst obv theyre all great) 3 > 1 > 4 > 2

Miamipuck 08-03-2007 01:20 AM

NSFW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best Scene of the show: Well maybe not the best but it was thrilling.

awesome scene

Omar in Court:

Court Scene

I couldn't find Rawls(The most under-appreciated character IMO) flipping McNulty the bird in "This is for you McNulty You got my undivided attention" (my favorite Rawls scene) so I found this instead:

under appreciated

All I can say is [censored] :

[censored]

My favorite is Omar. He steals every scene he is in. I like most of the characters though....... Bunk,Lester, Kima, Rawls, Landesman, Stringer, Wee bey, D, Avon, Bodie, Prop Joe, Mcnutty(I love how Bubs pronounces his name), bubs etc. etc.

This show has literally 20 characters that I love.

FWIW, I love season 2, I do not understand the hate and Season 4 has my favorite music intro.

Jules22 08-03-2007 01:22 AM

i must also add that i think daniels is fantastic, i dont know how i missed him.

Jules22 08-03-2007 01:25 AM

i also want a chance to rant for a bit, but where is the love for season 1, if it werent for season 3 being so good it would easily be the best one, IT IS SO GOOOOOOOD. The parallel between mcnulty and d'angelo, the way they use avon less so when he is on the screen it means more, levy, the final 2 episodes are so amazing in that season, i literally have stopped watching everything except the wire, its a little sick in the head honestly

Jules22 08-03-2007 01:38 AM

also, could anyone link me to old wire threads, i avoided them like the plague until i saw season 4

Jules22 08-03-2007 02:13 AM

dude, marlo is excellent. the actor they got to play him doesnt have to say much, his menacing stare gets the point across. also i thought season 2 was really good, just not as good as the others