Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Chris Benoit and Wife found dead (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=435898)

samjjones 06-25-2007 09:20 PM

Re: Chris Benoit and Wife found dead

[ QUOTE ]
There's this weird thing were I want to be really sad, but feel like holding back in case it turns out he killed them, and then it's a different kind of sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's even more tragic, if that's the case. I don't think he was that effed up, though.

Although I do still hate Bryn Hartman quite a bit.

dozer 06-25-2007 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this the first time ever the wwe/wwf ever cancelled a show? I don't think I've ever remember them doing this under any circumstances. Even after the night Owen died they had Raw the following night and even continued the PPV as he died in the ring.

Maybe it was too sudden but nonetheless classy move by the wwe. It would be pretty cruel to have some of their stars go out and work after hearing the news so soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

They did a tribute to Owen Hart the night after he died on RAW.

Case Closed 06-25-2007 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't get how people are so affected by a celebrity's death. It's completely baffling to me.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree.

Soul Daddy 06-25-2007 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't get how people are so affected by a celebrity's death. It's completely baffling to me.

[/ QUOTE ]
While I mostly agree with this sentiment, there's something about wrestling that makes it different. The performers bond with the audience to a degree that is beyond any other form of entertainment. While they're playing characters, you really get to know that person to a degree every week. And this guy in particular was one of the hardest working, most technically proficient performers that I've seen. It's pretty tragic. In a way I don't really even want to know what happened.

Case Closed 06-25-2007 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I feel terrible when anyone dies, its a sad occurence.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For all you cold hearted [censored] out there, I will not be saddened by your death

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

Soul Daddy 06-25-2007 09:25 PM

Poor Malenko.

Blarg 06-25-2007 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People die on Carbon Monoxide posioning in their home more than anyone realizes. I think reports suggested he called in sick because his family was "ill". Perhaps they slowly got posioned to death and did not know.

I know someone who died due to toxic mold in their house.

[/ QUOTE ]

More info, please.

4thstreetpete 06-25-2007 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There's this weird thing were I want to be really sad, but feel like holding back in case it turns out he killed them, and then it's a different kind of sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't want to say it but I had some of the same feelings. Benoit = OJ? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Hopefully this isn't the case.

I just saw the opening to Raw when they replayed WM when he won the title and in the ring celebrating/kissing with his wife and kids. It's almost surreal, clearly he loved his family and I really don't think he did anything. The poisoning to me sounds more plausible.

ajohnson16 06-25-2007 09:33 PM

Or Woman = Brynn Hartman.

sightless 06-25-2007 09:33 PM

why didnt anyone call 911? did they all drop at the same time?