Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   BBV4Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Brag: Blazers 1st pick (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=412112)

RoyalAsn 05-26-2007 05:11 AM

Re: Brag: Blazers 1st pick

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am a sonics fan and will be happy no matter what although the sonics could use a center.

[/ QUOTE ]
sonics picked swift and petro last few years...plus lewis is gone now

[/ QUOTE ]

Zbo for lewis pls

Stoneflip 05-26-2007 05:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/3826/odenwizml2.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he is casting lvl 3 mana!

RoyalAsn 05-26-2007 05:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Which of the two is more likely to have off the court problems that hurt the Blazers image? Because regardless of which player they should draft it's likely they draft that one.
If the Blazers could package the #1 pick for Maurice Clarett and Roy Tarpley they might.

[/ QUOTE ]

From everything I've heard both Durant and Oden are as great off the court as they are on. Also KP has said multiple times that he can't imagine a scenerio where he's trade this pick.

apefish 05-26-2007 05:23 AM

If I was picking I would take Oden, but I claim to neither be an expert nor for any other reason than as Timberwolves/KG fan I've longed for a competent center to let KG do other things on the court. So I would be partial to a monster underneath like Oden will be.

I also have to make the admission that I realized a while back that while KG can do many many things and it's been a treat having him in my neck of the woods, Duncan is the better player if only for how he gets more out of the people around him.
Agree 100 percent with DO on that one.

Last, the only way the Trail Blazers could actually [censored] up this pick would be to trade it away. Even they can't be that dumb right? That takes a Zeke Thomas or Kevin McHale type GM.

En Passant 11-02-2007 09:12 PM

Guess we will have to wait until next season to really compare... or maybe not. Durant is sick and has showed it in his first two games.

Durant had better numbers than Oden in college, was younger, and played on a much worse team. I don't like the arguement of picking the player "who wins championships." You win those because of the team around. Is he a very good player, yes, but Durant is better IMO.

c4mg 11-02-2007 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Guess we will have to wait until next season to really compare... or maybe not. Durant is sick and has showed it in his first two games.

Durant had better numbers than Oden in college, was younger, and played on a much worse team. I don't like the arguement of picking the player "who wins championships." You win those because of the team around. Is he a very good player, yes, but Durant is better IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Point Guard, 6'10"
End. Of. Story.

En Passant 11-02-2007 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Point Guard, 6'10"
End. Of. Story.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. no
2. see: Dirk

c4mg 11-02-2007 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am a sonics fan and will be happy no matter what although the sonics could use a center.

[/ QUOTE ]
sonics picked swift and petro last few years...plus lewis is gone now

[/ QUOTE ]

Zbo for lewis pls

[/ QUOTE ]

ROBERT SWIFT!!!!!!!!!

Dammit.