Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Top 5 2p2 grudge matches for rolls you want to see? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=312700)

Justin A 01-25-2007 01:15 PM

Re: um

[ QUOTE ]
if there was a way I would know 100% I was playing HIV online, I would bet my entire roll on a match vs him

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow you're even dumber than I thought.

Gildwulf 01-25-2007 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if there was a way I would know 100% I was playing HIV online, I would bet my entire roll on a match vs him

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool, so how dum am I know?

Justin A 01-25-2007 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool, so how dum am I know?

[/ QUOTE ]

nath 01-25-2007 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
How is this dumb? What's with this small contingent of veteran posters that think that trying to keep this from happening to us again is stupid?

Justin A 01-25-2007 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
How is this dumb? What's with this small contingent of veteran posters that think that trying to keep this from happening to us again is stupid?

[/ QUOTE ]

Reading comprehension is important here.

He's saying he would risk his entire bankroll to play HIV HU if he knew it was HIV. This is ridiculous because no one is ever even close to a sure thing in limit HU matches, unless you're playing for an insanely large number of bets.

Gildwulf 01-25-2007 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's saying he would risk his entire bankroll to play HIV HU if he knew it was HIV. This is ridiculous because no one is ever even close to a sure thing in limit HU matches, unless you're playing for an insanely large number of bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

25K is 125 bets at 100/200

nath 01-25-2007 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
True. I retract my statement.

More relevant to your point: since HIV's bankroll is constantly in flux (to be charitable), GW's risk of ruin here is probably not as high as it seems.

TxRedMan 01-25-2007 05:57 PM

Re: Top 5 2p2 grudge matches for rolls you want to see?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Gild vs Txredman

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm game.

his best two games vs. my best two games.

[/ QUOTE ]

so holdem and nothing vs. working out and omaha? lol, I would get crushed

[/ QUOTE ]
surely limited and unlimited hold 'em count as two games!

edit: this is the CEO side of me talking. the funny side appears in the next post.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd play him HU @ LHE and NLHE, and we'll play LO8 and PLO or maybe seven stud hi/lo depending.

stakes are negotiable.

i'd even work something out like....i'll exile myself from BBV if i lose, but if i win gild steps down as mod....of course the money, too, but i'm more interested in these.

Gildwulf 01-25-2007 05:58 PM

Re: Top 5 2p2 grudge matches for rolls you want to see?

I suck at Omaha

PokerBob 01-25-2007 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i am surprised you even needed to point this out. people are dumb.