Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   weekday WW redux (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=102957)

Nicholasp27 05-03-2006 12:44 PM

Re: weekday WW redux

ok, so everyone agrees that

SEER 1 (the one who saw someone last night): YOU SHOULD SEE ANYONE OF YOUR CHOOSING IN THE TOP HALF OF THE ORIGINAL LIST OF PLAYERS

SEER 2 (the one who didn't see anyone last night): YOU SHOULD SEE ANYONE OF YOUR CHOOSING IN THE BOTTOM HALF OF THE ORIGINAL LIST OF PLAYERS

VoraciousReader 05-03-2006 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only potential issue with the first half (at random/seer preference)/second half is what if last night the seer peaked at someone in the second half.

[/ QUOTE ]

See, I see another potential issue.

It is blatantly apparent to anyone who has ever played a turbo or two that not all seers are equally talented at picking targets. If we have one diligent, intelligent thinking seer, and one that is well, less perceptive or less good at communicating, then we are really handicapping our better seer if he/she only looks at half the targets.

Of course, maybe in a game this size...that would be counterweighted because if we don't duplicate, our seers almost have to strike it lucky if they live long enough?

.Alex. 05-03-2006 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it allows for us to have as much info as possible...if we get to day 6 without a seer dying, then that's 9 different sights that they had...if we let them choose as they wish, then they may have the same 'top 3 suspects' and duplicate info...worst case, it's like having 1 seer...it's better to have them see different people...this was discussed in the previous thread as well, but with no way to differentiate the seers, we couldn't do it...now that we have a way to differentiate them, we can ensure they don't see the same people (except that if seer 1 saw someone on the bottom half of the list last night, then that one person may be duplicated)...and by allowing them to choose who they see from that large group, they can still go after suspects AND the wolves can't pick off their sights

[/ QUOTE ]
Meh, I'm not really convinced. Sometimes it's good if both seers see the same person. If it's a wolf, it allows us to have two people arguing for a lynching, which greatly increases the likelyhood of that person being lynched.

In any case, even if your way is better, the advantage is very marginal. The unlikelyhood of the seers looking at the same people multiple times combined with the restriction this places on them combined with the minimal - but nonzero - information that the wolves are getting, makes me feel that all of this isn't really that big of a deal. Whatever, your way is fine. It doesn't really matter much, and I don't feel like cluttering the thread with seer strategy like day 1 was last game.

I change my vote to junkmail.

Nicholasp27 05-03-2006 12:49 PM

yeah, they are only 2 of 27 of us, or 2 of 21 villagers...if we don't lynch them (ie they play well to avoid suspicion), then the wolves only have a 10-15% chance on any given night to hit them for awhile...and hopefully they'll make posts as they see people that'll tell us all their info if they are eaten...

Hornacek 05-03-2006 12:49 PM

Guys, I AM THE SEER.

Last night, I investigated myself, and found out that Hornacek is a wolf.

Lynch Hornacek.

junkmail3 05-03-2006 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Guys, I AM THE SEER.

Last night, I investigated myself, and found out that Hornacek is a wolf.

Lynch Hornacek.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good, so we don't have to worry about Seer 1 having looked at the wrong half on the first night. Problem solved.

change vote to hornacek

.Alex. 05-03-2006 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah, they are only 2 of 27 of us, or 2 of 21 villagers...if we don't lynch them (ie they play well to avoid suspicion), then the wolves only have a 10-15% chance on any given night to hit them for awhile...and hopefully they'll make posts as they see people that'll tell us all their info if they are eaten...

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep, that's the other problem I didn't mention. When we start making suspect lists and villager lists and such, the seers aren't going to be able to give their true sights because otherwise the wolves will notice that their choices are only coming from half of the list.

Nicholasp27 05-03-2006 12:52 PM

no, as they can list people from BOTH sides...but once killed, we'll know that only their side's list is true

.Alex. 05-03-2006 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no, as they can list people from BOTH sides...but once killed, we'll know that only their side's list is true

[/ QUOTE ]
How do we know which side the seer was on??

SumZero 05-03-2006 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, only the other seer will know that. The rest of us will only know one half or the other is true.