Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   *****The Official 2007 J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS THREAD****** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=472548)

Tokyo!! 09-02-2007 03:50 PM

Re: Kendall traded...

The Jets schedule is so tough this year [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. Very few 'easy' wins available. The playoffs are definitely not a given.

THAY3R 09-02-2007 03:53 PM

I'm pretty sure Jets are decent dogs to make the playoffs.

Degenerasian 09-02-2007 04:04 PM

Alright if you don't think it's terrible then I won't be able to change your opinion and you sure as hell won't change mine. Personally I don't buy into the whole "he was playing the best defense" line. This is playoff football, and if you can't score points you aren't the QB that will lead us to the SB.

Degenerasian 09-02-2007 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Jets schedule is so tough this year [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. Very few 'easy' wins available. The playoffs are definitely not a given.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, I think they go 9-7 which definitely won't get them in in the AFC.

THAY3R 09-02-2007 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is playoff football, and if you can't score points you aren't the QB that will lead us to the SB.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could cite every other playoff game besides the Oakland game where he led his team to plenty of points, but I doubt that would mean anything to you [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

The Jets have averaged over 20 PPG in Chad's playoff starts. Evidently that's not enough for you. Let's just drop the subject.

Degenerasian 09-02-2007 04:19 PM

Agreed to drop it, but I just have to add. He didn't lead his team to plenty of points in the Oakland, Pittsburgh and New England game. That's 3 of his 5 total playoff games I believe.

SMIGLET 09-02-2007 04:27 PM

to all of you knocking on penningtons performance a couple years ago against pittsburgh in the playoffs...i think ur all forgetting that he was playing that game with a torn rotator cuff in his throwing arm, i wudnt really take too much from that game...

Degenerasian 09-02-2007 04:38 PM

Pennington is good, I'm not arguing against that. My argument is that he isn't our long term answer. Clemens isn't ready yet so Penny will probably stick around for a few more years.

I actually think there is a chance that the Jets surpass the Pats in a few years when Rhodes, Vilma, Harris and Revis all hit their primes.

SMIGLET 09-02-2007 05:21 PM

i can agree with that, just saying tho that he played that game with a terrible injury and was probably in pain on almost every throw

brettbrettr 09-02-2007 05:43 PM

Looking up and down the Jets roster right now I'd feel very confident saying that if the Jets don't win the Super Bowl, it isn't because of Chad Pennington.