Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Poker After Dark thread (10/8 - Mega Match) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=518733)

FatRed 10-13-2007 09:34 AM

Re: Poker After Dark thread (10/8 - Mega Match)

[ QUOTE ]
Wow...I can't believe all the Barry G bashing going on here. I watched the shows without thinking twice about anything but Barry and Phil enjoying themselves at the table. Never once did I make this positive thing into a negative because of Eli or AC.

Besides, it's a poker table, not a sewing circle; noone is obligated to spread joy and laughter throughout the South Point. FFS, ppl, don't be so judgmental .

[/ QUOTE ]

QFMFT
I appreciated seeing the other side of Ivey (and Barry too- What it do, BBV). People just HAVE to have something to b*&%h about. Get a life.

kypreanus 10-13-2007 09:59 AM

LOVE Allen owning Phil's ass with all the 3/4bets and gettinga away with it with worse hands.

TobyG 10-13-2007 10:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[...] And then there's Eli Manning of the NY Giants too.

[/ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't use him as an example. If anything, growing up in the area he did pretty much dictates that the pronunciation isn't standard. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

john voight 10-13-2007 04:47 PM

that was good poker, more or less. For all the ppl who say "where can i find good pokerz?!!!???!!?!"

Bonified 10-13-2007 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOVE Allen owning Phil's ass with all the 3/4bets and gettinga away with it with worse hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I especially liked the 4-bet with KQ. It was an excellent demonstration of how playing your stack size effectively can neutralize even the very best opponents.

JokerArmy 10-13-2007 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I especially liked the 4-bet with KQ. It was an excellent demonstration of how playing your stack size effectively can neutralize even the very best opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

dont forget the K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] hand either lol...I believe his table image early on played a huge part in being able to execute game plan in the later stages of the game, just has much as his stack.

- JA

SuperUberBob 10-14-2007 12:30 AM

I didn't watch all of PAD, but there was nothing that I saw out of Eli Elezra that impressed me. He seems to be nothing more than a high-stakes calling station.

Joseph Hewes 10-14-2007 01:34 AM

It's ALLEN CUNNINGHAM!

KSOT 10-14-2007 04:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't watch all of PAD, but there was nothing that I saw out of Eli Elezra that impressed me. He seems to be nothing more than a high-stakes calling station.

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome to 2 years ago.

Rottersod 10-14-2007 06:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This has probably already been mentioned but can't they make this show have better hours for the players? A lot of them look like they've gotten 3 hours of sleep and end up playing [censored]. Also, prop bets? High Stakes remains the gold standard. I like to watch this game structure though and it's rad that they show every hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

What time would you want them to shoot it? They aren't really shooting at 2 am you know. And they shoot multiple episodes in a day. Plus, no matter what time they choose a good number of the players would still show up with 3 hours or less of sleep.