Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Mr. Gatorade’s Lies cost me over 70k at Full Tilt (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=417328)

StellarWind 06-02-2007 10:38 PM

Re: Mr. Gatorade’s Lies cost me over 70k at Full Tilt

[ QUOTE ]
Simply put, asking someone if they use a bot is different from accusing someone. I do this sometimes for many reasons. If the name is on my site then that’s the accusation and not simply asking, "hey are you a bot". Two totally different things in my eyes but up for discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sometime when you are playing live try "asking" people if they are cheating. I'm sure they'll appreciate your distinction between asking and accusing and not take offense.

It's a jerk move and you should rethink your behavior.

Vega33 06-02-2007 10:45 PM

Interesting thread. My take on this issue is as follows:

I accept, as a customer, that Full Tilt doesn't want to share its detections methods. But they SHOULD provide proof that they actually refunded the 70k that they took from BeatMe1 to his victims. If they provide that proof, then there's really no reason for them to do this- they would be giving up a lot of rake just to shift money from one account to another.

But if they don't provide proof that they gave his money to his victims- and I don't recall anyone jumping in to say that they got refunded $$, then there's reason to suspect that FTP just pocketed somebody's money with no proof at all provided.

HIV 06-02-2007 10:58 PM

I lost a lot of money to BeatMe1. Should I email full tilt about getting some back?

Vega33 06-02-2007 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I lost a lot of money to BeatMe1. Should I email full tilt about getting some back?

[/ QUOTE ]

That shouldn't be necessary if Full Tilt were on the level about refunding customers- they would find you themselves. But yeah, if I were in your position I'd e-mail them.

brendanb438 06-03-2007 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Simply put, asking someone if they use a bot is different from accusing someone. I do this sometimes for many reasons. If the name is on my site then that’s the accusation and not simply asking, "hey are you a bot". Two totally different things in my eyes but up for discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sometime when you are playing live try "asking" people if they are cheating. I'm sure they'll appreciate your distinction between asking and accusing and not take offense.

It's a jerk move and you should rethink your behavior.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sums up my opinion of Mr. Gatorade, if you are throwing around, "are you a bot?" at a bunch of people you play, which is what it sounds like then you are an dumba$$. I mean play some poker instead of thinking everyone is a bot. You might have watched Terminator growing up 1 tooooooo many times. Do you have nightmares that the robots are gonna get us all?

Also agree that without real details it is dumb to takes sides in this arguement. I say let OP and Mr. Gatorade fight it out American Gladiator style with the joust sticks. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

-Brendan

Unabridged 06-03-2007 01:22 AM

this is [censored]. Gatorade needs to show his 100% foolproof method. the thing with KGB's mother shows that even the best sites are not reliable in their detection and account handling, and that they can be swayed by mass emails or 2+2 threads.

detection can only fall into two categories, technical issues(timing, mouse movements, odd programs running) or game actions. since gatorade is not working for the site it must be game actions.
HU limit has very very low variety of situations compared to other poker. i dont think its impossible for someone to learn a way of playing and stick to it religously. look at SNG players and their ICM. and i dont think its impossible for a player at a high level to play his strategy perfectly for 10k hands.

admiralfluff 06-03-2007 01:28 AM

This is totally ridiculous. There are so many different things a site could implement to detect bots. Making a public announcement about the specific method they used would be retarded. DON'T DO IT FPT OR MR. G

Victor 06-03-2007 01:30 AM

" i dont think its impossible for someone to learn a way of playing and stick to it religously. look at SNG players and their ICM. and i dont think its impossible for a player at a high level to play his strategy perfectly for 10k hands. "

dude this aint simpleass sngs. and i can i am 99% sure mrgs method of identifying a bot is NOT someone who plays perfectly. its hu lhe, we dont even know what perfect is.

it should be obv the most damning evidence is that the bots dont log any hands with each other.

Unabridged 06-03-2007 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
" i dont think its impossible for someone to learn a way of playing and stick to it religously. look at SNG players and their ICM. and i dont think its impossible for a player at a high level to play his strategy perfectly for 10k hands. "

dude this aint simpleass sngs. and i can i am 99% sure mrgs method of identifying a bot is NOT someone who plays perfectly. its hu lhe, we dont even know what perfect is.

it should be obv the most damning evidence is that the bots dont log any hands with each other.

[/ QUOTE ]

im not saying the "bot"'s strategy is perfect. im just giving an example where people have learned a strategy and stick to it perfectly for many hands in a row.

i see nothing wrong with high level HU players avoiding each other. game selection is probably most of the profit in those games.

Victor 06-03-2007 02:42 AM

the problem with your example is that hu lhe is exponentially more complex than 10 tablin sngs.

as for avoiding each other, one would think that they would test each other out first. otherwise, how would they know to avoid each other?