Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Heyman: Miggy is on the block. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=539833)

rwperu34 11-07-2007 05:30 AM

Re: Heyman: Miggy is on the block.

[ QUOTE ]
That's true, but Chris Young is arguably worth as much as Miguel Cabrera.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but Young is worth less to the D'Backs than any other team.

kyleb 11-07-2007 05:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That's true, but Chris Young is arguably worth as much as Miguel Cabrera.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but Young is worth less to the D'Backs than any other team.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. I wouldn't be unhappy if they dealt him for Miguel Cabrera, but I wouldn't be thrilled, either. I feel like I'd almost rather see Justin Upton dealt, but that's obviously stupid.

sublime 11-07-2007 05:50 AM

wow 20 deleted posts and i wasn't involved.

34TheTruth34 11-07-2007 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I prefer that the Sox keep and play their top prospects for cost control and use that extra money to buy Free Agents.

[/ QUOTE ]

because that's worked out so well?

rja87 11-07-2007 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Division is weak? Are you crazy? I think if the Marlins could get a good return on investment here...and I am CERTAIN somebody will manage to find an overpayment offer if the Marlins are really looking to deal...they should do it for sure. I mean the course of action that makes the most sense for the Marlins is to either A) trade miggy, set a time horizon for 3 years when they will still have their other young assets..or B) deal as many people who will be free agents after this season as possible, and go crazy in the market next offseason, possibly landing CC or Santana, and some bat to make their once every five years push.

James

[/ QUOTE ]

The division is weak...the Phillies won it this year if you weren't aware, that would be the team that had 1 starter capable of winning a game and no bullpen. So yeah I would consider them weak. The Met's pitching is not much better. They have good offenses but so do the Marlins,and their bullpen is by far the best in the division. If they were to add maybe 2 starters who can pitch for most of the year and give them a good number of innings, they are definitely capable of competing with any of the teams in the division.

ClarkNasty 11-09-2007 12:09 AM

I didn't delete anyone's posts. Maybe Ebenhoe did.

dkgojackets 11-09-2007 12:17 AM

as a marlins fan I dont think Im going to be happy with any of these deals

onlinebeginner 11-09-2007 02:47 PM

Toro,

stop being a baby, being civil is fine... but like kyleb, maybe NT said... calling an idiot (you) and idiot can often be the only way to get you to realize you are wrong.

This is a poker forum and logic rules, if you make logical arguements that people disagree with you will be treated nicely. If you aren't being treated nicely, then look in the mirror.

rja87 11-09-2007 04:48 PM

Unless the Marlins just want to dump his payroll and care about nothing else (which I doubt is the case) I'm really not sure what type of deal could happen. They won't trade him straight up for a pitcher that just wouldn't make sense. They are solid at every position except CF and C (CF there are a few options, I doubt they will get anyone that much better in a trade, and C is not a big priority). So unless they are receiving 2 young starting pitchers, they aren't getting a good deal.

SL__72 11-09-2007 04:58 PM

The Twins have tons of young pitching and some good catching prospects. They also could really use a big, right handed DH. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]