Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   John Esposito Repeats Challenge (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=448213)

The DaveR 07-12-2007 12:35 AM

Re: Feel Free To Set This Up Without My Involvement

Give CMO the $$, have him to to the Rio tomorrow. Get the floor to announce, "John Esposito, your 100K freezeout is ready. Don't puss out."

Schneids 07-12-2007 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't have his number. You guys can try to catch him at the Bellagio poker room or leave a message there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not in Vegas right now. If you see him again can you please get his number so we can proceed with this?

Ray Zee 07-12-2007 12:40 AM

Re: John Esposito Repeats Challenge

dont think john is a pushover. he has played high stakes holdem limit and no limit for many years and was very successful.
all poker players have big egos and most over estimate their edge.

rowdyclassmate 07-12-2007 12:41 AM

To the non-believers:

Having played against the MN roster (live and online) - I believe when it's all over and the "W" is with the "kids", some people will reconsider boasting $100k matches with reckless abandon.

jah7_fsu1 07-12-2007 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway though, I think we do have a sizeable advantage, and the better Q instead of asking if we know much about Esposito is if he knows much about us (not to sound cocky, but shouldn't he at least be a little bit curious about us?).

[/ QUOTE ]

A good question, but he probably thinks you guys are just some internet hotshots with no real experience so he likely thinks he has the edge given the [censored] he talked. His ego is probably big enough he doesn't care to learn anything about you guys....at least that would be my guess.

ohead 07-12-2007 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
dont think john is a pushover. he has played high stakes holdem limit and no limit for many years and was very successful.
all poker players have big egos and most over estimate their edge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I think we have atleast one person over estimating their edge in this matchup.

The DaveR 07-12-2007 12:59 AM

All,

PBob, Hobbs and I saw John while we were eating at the Cafe at Bellagio. PBob didn't start [censored] that time. Apparently he feels tougher when not hanging around an Asian loser and a Harvard dropout.

rafiki 07-12-2007 09:27 AM

I'm so bitter that I won't be able to watch this. Someone there has to take down some note worthy hands for posting.

That's assuming the challenger doesn't pussy out.

Azizal 07-12-2007 09:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL I really doubt we'll have any pieces for sale. $100,000 split btwn just us will probably result in everybody having way less than they want.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's Mauer's cut?

leo doc 07-12-2007 12:33 PM

This from the other thread was bogus I assume:

"poker bob in responce to your insults let me start by saying it was not my intenttion to hit on your friends as you put it i am twice there age and very happily married so i will apoligize to them at this time if that is what they thought i don"t think they did please choose your words wisely in the future when speaking about me the reason i did not wait and post the money was because i was not going to be mentaly and physically sharp the followind day it take us older guys a little longer to recover after a night of partying. but if you still would like to play a heads up match i am not a hard man to find i will be out of town until mid augest but feel free to look me up whenever you have the time and money oh one more thing i wonT need to get a 20 man team to raise the money any game anytime good luck to all of you"