Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Favorite Classic Nintendo Game (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=546512)

Inso0 11-15-2007 12:32 PM

Re: Favorite Classic Nintendo Game

[ QUOTE ]
Battletoads is the same way without a Game Genie. Even with infinite lives I don't think I ever beat it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've gotten to the last level without cheating (game genie style). The trick is to use the 5 life start code and in-game warping.

I can pretty much get to level 9 in my sleep. 9, 10, 11 and 12 are a bitch though.

CappyAA 11-15-2007 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
NES Open was made at the very end of the Nintendo run, but is awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

I opened the thread to post this. NES Open was an awesome golf game and the first to have accumulated earnings, tournaments, and a player career. I also loved watching replays of my best shots.

dragonystic 11-15-2007 12:49 PM

Baseball Stars. first game I remember where you could create your own player. i was still playing that when the N64 came out.

ooinsight 11-15-2007 12:50 PM

Legend of Zelda
SMB3
Contra
Double Dragon
Mega Man
Bubble Bobble
Bart vs. Space Mutants
Shadowgate
(probably in about this order)

J-Mac 11-15-2007 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
castlevania 2 simon's quest is the best game of all time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man that is a really terrible choice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. Those messages where it changes from day to night were so [censored] annoying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Angry Nintendo Nerd talks about Castlevania II

JMa 11-15-2007 01:04 PM

smb1 and loz

tuq 11-15-2007 01:09 PM

Oh man I loved Baseball Stars soooooooooooooooooo much. Incredible replay value, it seems that as the years have gone on and the games have gotten more technologically advanced, they've become less playable and fun. The graphics weren't the best on that but it was a great time.

Also, Double Dragon. Only mentioned like twice in this thread but I really enjoyed the hell out of that for some reason.

Dilznoofus 11-15-2007 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I also played a ton of Arkanoid, Shadowgate, Blaster Master, Life Force, and, uh... lots and lots of others. Gauntlet (1 and 2)! The Battle of Olympus! TMNT 2! Milon's Secret Castle! Crystalis! Bomberman! A Boy and His Blob! The Adventures of Lolo! etc. etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Loved Blaster Master. Apparently it counts as an obscure one, because you're the first person besides me to mention it.

tuq 11-15-2007 01:11 PM

That's because nath mentioned every single title ever made for the NES in his posts.

jonnyd 11-15-2007 01:13 PM

smb3
duck hunt
double dribble
battletoads
rampage
megaman 2
tmnt 2