Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   ***Official November Chat Thread: The Golden Duck*** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=535747)

PokerFun007 11-09-2007 03:32 PM

Re: schwallie is a chump moron

I know most of you are way balla and will say, "no biggie" to my news, but I've hit a nice bankroll landmark. In May I deposited $200 of birthday money into Pokerstars and donked around a bit. I was down to $60 and decided to give no limit a try.

I read a couple of books and was off and running. I started at nl25 buying in for $15 and must have run good to get up to $150 pretty quickly. Well, I've been taking shots at 50nl and my bankroll just hit $1000. I'm stoked!

1p0kerboy 11-09-2007 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why are you set-mining in a heads-up pot anyways?

[/ QUOTE ]

Who said I was set mining?

[/ QUOTE ]

For what other purpose are you cold calling with a small/medium pair?

How are you playing on the flop if you don't make a set?

I'm sure a certain % of the time you are going to fold to a continuation bet, especially if the flop texture isn't favorable.

Sometimes you might float to see what villian does on the turn, BUT a lot of times players will check their big pairs on the turn.

So cold-calling with the intention of calling the flop isn't exactly strong poker if you know what I mean.

I'm only bringing this up because I've seen you make similar plays like this (even against me where you called pre and then folded to my cbet) and I think it might be a minor leak in your game.

CaptVimes 11-09-2007 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know most of you are way balla and will say, "no biggie" to my news, but I've hit a nice bankroll landmark. In May I deposited $200 of birthday money into Pokerstars and donked around a bit. I was down to $60 and decided to give no limit a try.

I read a couple of books and was off and running. I started at nl25 buying in for $15 and must have run good to get up to $150 pretty quickly. Well, I've been taking shots at 50nl and my bankroll just hit $1000. I'm stoked!

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep it up.

MyTurn2Raise 11-09-2007 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

CONGRATS!!!!

TheProdigy 11-09-2007 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well done!

Pokerboy; I Coldcall with PP's all the time

Cry Me A River 11-09-2007 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For what other purpose are you cold calling with a small/medium pair?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on villain.

There's more than one reason to want to play a hand in a raised pot.

[ QUOTE ]
How are you playing on the flop if you don't make a set?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on villain and texture.

Sometimes calling. Sometimes betting. Sometimes raising. Sometimes folding.

[ QUOTE ]

I'm sure a certain % of the time you are going to fold to a continuation bet, especially if the flop texture isn't favorable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

[ QUOTE ]

Sometimes you might float to see what villian does on the turn, BUT a lot of times players will check their big pairs on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

[ QUOTE ]

So cold-calling with the intention of calling the flop isn't exactly strong poker if you know what I mean.

[/ QUOTE ]

If that's all you're ever intending on doing, then yes, I agree.

Mike Kelley 11-09-2007 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well done!

[/ QUOTE ]

Me 2 and they are all big winners in my db. I need to do a sort for how they do in HU pots.

MyTurn2Raise 11-09-2007 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well done!

[/ QUOTE ]

Me 2 and they are all big winners in my db. I need to do a sort for how they do in HU pots.

[/ QUOTE ]

ummmm.... I also coldcall for shania purposes as I will coldcall with lots of suited connectors, suited one-gappers, suited two-gappers, and off-suit connectors as well as just plain junk

Mike Kelley 11-09-2007 04:09 PM

This is teh amazingest

Apathy

TheProdigy 11-09-2007 04:23 PM

Re: too eazy is a chump moron

[ QUOTE ]
This is teh amazingest

Apathy

[/ QUOTE ]

never heard of em.