Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   ***Official 2006 NLCS Cards v. Mets Thread*** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=231550)

BobOjedaFan 10-20-2006 04:36 PM

Re: ***Official 2006 NLCS Cards v. Mets Thread***

[ QUOTE ]
bobo bobo bobo.

Valentin is a career .243 hitter that signed to be a backup and ended up starting. His lifetime OPS+ is 96 which means he is a below average hitter.

Beltran looking at a called 3rd strike is pretty much unexcusable

[/ QUOTE ]

mets mets mets

Jeff Suppan isn't a strike out pitcher. His average and what he was brought to do here are irrelevant. The fact of the matter is he won the startign 2nd base job for good performance and he was in a spot where all he had to do was make contact against a contact pitcher and he failed.

Are you seriously saying Beltran not being able to get a game winning hit off a very good closer is worse than Valentin not being able to make contact? C'mon Mets.

metsandfinsfan 10-20-2006 05:03 PM

Beltran striking out looking to end the season with the tieing run on 2nd and the winning run on 1st when he makes 117 million dollars is much worse than valentin, who batted 8th all year, striking out against the series MVP

Sheakspeer 10-20-2006 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Beltran striking out looking to end the season with the tieing run on 2nd and the winning run on 1st when he makes 117 million dollars is much worse than valentin, who batted 8th all year, striking out against the series MVP

[/ QUOTE ]

Guys, let's not get nitpicky here. The entire lineup (whatever they're paid) did not hit in this series.

metsandfinsfan 10-20-2006 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Guys, let's not get nitpicky here. The entire lineup (whatever they're paid) did not hit in this series.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree. im really not blaming anyone. We slumped at the wrong time.

challenger84 10-21-2006 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
During the champagne celebration in their clubhouse, players gathered around several times and chanted "Jo-se, Jose, Jose, Jose," mocking the popular chant Mets fans crow when Reyes comes to the plate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Classy.

Congrats to the Cardinals. A very memorable night out at Shea. My thoughts after I get to work...

[/ QUOTE ]

Almost as classy as Jose dancing around in the dugout like his team just won the World Series, every time they scored a run.

Needle77 10-21-2006 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Almost as classy as Jose dancing around in the dugout like his team just won the World Series, every time they scored a run.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope your kidding.

challenger84 10-21-2006 10:27 PM

ummmm..... no. and the word is "you're."

JordanIB 10-21-2006 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope your kidding.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's a pretty piss-poor comparison.

challenger84 10-21-2006 10:37 PM

Well, I said almost. Reyes' antics were probably even more classless than I implied.

Needle77 10-21-2006 10:39 PM

I'm sorry about my grammer. It's a little mistake, especially compared to your comparison. Jose was DANCING AROUND IN THE DUGOUT. Not on the field trying to show anyone up. How the hell is that disrespectful? He is celebrating with his teammates in the DUGOUT. Holy [censored].

That hit a nerve with me. That statement was just stupid.