Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   NL Bots on Full Tilt (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=398864)

viper930 05-10-2007 09:30 AM

Re: NL Bots oSn Full Tilt

[ QUOTE ]
I'm curious if anyone, especially a massive-multi-tabler, has examined their own stats as a comparison. Ideally, they would play on auto-pilot (bot-like alogrithm?) and have a large sample size at one site.

[/ QUOTE ]

fwiw, my stats at 200nlFR a while ago over 2 samples of 20,000 hands or so divver by quite a bit more than the stats between these guys, and I'm one person lol.

These include:

~0.5% difference in VPIP/PFR
~4% difference in Att to Steal Blinds
~1% diff in flop AF
~1% diff in total postflop AF
~2% diff in Won$WSF (pretty insignificant)

again, pretty small sample, but if the same human can have stats that vary more than 4 individual humans from sample to sample, those 4 must be some robotic humans.

antisocialgrace 05-10-2007 09:41 AM

Re: NL Bots on Full Tilt

[ QUOTE ]
My friend pointed out to me that it looks like these guys are from Pittsburgh because of there screen names. I can tell you for a fact that I'm tied in to the underground poker world in Pittsburgh. In one of the Rooms I play in I heard a true story from a reliable source that there is a guy in Pittsburgh that a room full of computers and several people playing in 1/2 nl rooms. He pays them by the hour to play for him. He gives them a certain hands to play and not to play. Certain hands (like AA)they are never to fold unless they are three bet. Once they are three bet they signal him and he comes over and makes the decision for the player. This sounded a little fishy and I didn't believe him at first, but he insisted it was true and he told me who the guy was and I didn't know him. I didn't read the whole thread so I'm not sure if this applies. But I think this can explain why there are the same hands being played, AA never folding, etc etc. I did't think anything of it at the time because I was playing live and I'm not sure that's cheating. They don't use a bot but they are coached.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chuck or Nation has already said that the monies were evenly divided amongst all botters--uhm players .. the hourly you're suggesting doesn't jive.

delta k 05-10-2007 09:47 AM

at what point does running so many scripts turn one into a bot?

Mr.JR 05-10-2007 09:50 AM

Has this questions been asked:
Do these guys have a girlfriend or wife? If they do, if would be impossible for them to tell them "Hey, for the 5th time this week I'm going over to Charles house at midnight to play online poker. I won't be back till early morning. Love Ya!" Any reasonable person would think that they would be having an affair if they went out every night around midnight, and didn't come back home for 6 hours. These men must have no job, no friends, and no life if they are able to play so much poker without anyone questioning them as where they are going or what they are going.

ImsaKidd 05-10-2007 09:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
at what point does running so many scripts turn one into a bot?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the line is when the bot makes a decision by itself without the programmer inputting the situation.

This is my own personal opinion though.

Betpot = user defines bet amount
autofolder = user says what to fold (this is still against site T&C)

I'm no bot expert by any means.

Also, this entire thread is a trollfest/witch hunt. Some of you guys need to relax.

Drignatio 05-10-2007 09:51 AM

http://www.pocketfives.com/C18A38DB-...3D40D4C9B.aspx

NOSUP4U 05-10-2007 10:11 AM

Just woke up. Has FTP responded?

Mark

1p0kerboy 05-10-2007 10:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Mark

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all.

BluffTHIS! 05-10-2007 10:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Mark

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are fiddling while their reputation burns.

On another note, I expect the Pittsburgh crew will be gearing up for their day's "play", so I expect some bot reports and hand histories!

PLOlover 05-10-2007 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
These men must have no job, no friends, and no life if they are able to play so much poker without anyone questioning them as where they are going or what they are going.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol you've just insulted half of 2+2 at least a little bit there