Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Hacker Attack (All Info Game Thread - Feb 19 Start) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=335253)

antidan444 02-21-2007 02:46 PM

Re: Hacker Attack (All Info Game Thread - Feb 19 Start)

Which one of kbar's 8 posts did you find wolfy?

Stephen H 02-21-2007 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see a Voj vote for Stephen. When I questioned him about his seer peeks, I bolded stephen in the quoted part, and then he requoted what I quoted later. He never actually voted stephen however, as far as I can tell.

[/ QUOTE ]

Crud, you're right. My mistake. That's why I get for trying to show up the mod, I guess.

antidan444 02-21-2007 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Btw, Dan, I didn't remind everybody my n1 peek YOU F***IN DID.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhm, where did I say I was NOT the one to remind the village? All I said was I bolded Stephen in your quoted post. Yeah, I was the one who alerted the village that you said you peeked stephen as wolf day 2, when you said today that you said you peeked stephen but did not say what he was. I find your story change wolfy.

Stephen H 02-21-2007 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Which one of kbar's 8 posts did you find wolfy?

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that there's 8 of them, for starters. 3 of his 5 day 1 posts were one word votes.
This gem:
[ QUOTE ]
Only Luckay could find a way to FPS this game [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
and this is about the closest thing to content of any sort:
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i'm assuming we are not allowed to peek ourselves?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Peeks ALWAYS result in either "good" or "evil" (normal or rogue NSA agent), and nothing else.

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't know how much good it will do, sounds like we don't find out what type of seer anyone is upon peek.

[/ QUOTE ]

and it sounds like someone who hasn't put any thought into how he's going to figure out what kind of seer he is. I dunno about you, but I starting thinking about it once I saw what my options were. Why hasn't he?

And that's my opinions on kbar. My amplify thoughts I'll discuss further if they start to pan out, but not now.

kbar13 02-21-2007 02:54 PM

How does that sound like someone who hasn't thought about this game? I had already figured out that we don't find out the type a seer is upon death, so it does no good to peek myself.

antidan444 02-21-2007 02:54 PM

Stephen,

Nice post. I agree "Don't know how much good it will do, sounds like we don't find out what type of seer anyone is upon peek." is pretty bad.

antidan444 02-21-2007 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How does that sound like someone who hasn't thought about this game? I had already figured out that we don't find out the type a seer is upon death, so it does no good to peek myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? You're not allowed to peek yourself anyway.

fnord_too 02-21-2007 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You know what, I may or may not understand it, but I actually would like to see the math/info theory. I think it may help the village.

[/ QUOTE ]

I probably won't have time to go through all the math, it is heavy on conditional probability on what type of seer someone is based on what peeks they have, but here are the tenets of my belief:
<ul type="square">[*] almost no infromation is garnered from posting one peek even if you know whether that peek is correct or not.[*] after two peeks, with perfect information of wolves, you still have very much uncertainty and (some more math I am not trudging through right now) there is an expected number of people who would look like seers or insane seers just by chance (by lots of ways, such as naive peeks two villager, random gets right results twice in a row which I think comes out to &gt; 25% with the way durron set up the results, etc.)[*]things get less uncertain (though uncertainty will always exist) with more peeks, but night kills now give a different type of information[*]as deaths rack up and peek results become apparent, everyone gets this information. Importantly, when a good seer is eaten we don't lose this data.[*]eats in the end game are going to reveal even more data than eats early. The argument that seers might get hunted late is just horrid becuase THEY HAVE TO COME OUT AT SOME POINT ANYWAY. If they just cower leaving hints they will get eaten all the same and the village will be left looking for clues. More importantly, the village will be looking for clues with every death[/list]
I really do have to get back to work now, but think of the information we lose with each kill where the victim did not post his peeks, think of the information the wolves gain by posting peeks (namely the uncertaintly aspect) and think of the information we gain from the night kills. The wolves are forced to reveal information by night kills or give potential valuable (real and insane) seers more peeks. Without posting peeks every real/insane seer they luck box really screws us.

kbar13 02-21-2007 02:56 PM

Someone asked if we could peek ourselves, I simply stated that if we could, it wouldn't tell us anything we don't already know.

Nicholasp27 02-21-2007 02:57 PM

i definitely agree...don't post your peeks yet and don't try to get your peeks lynched...if u do, then u will just make urself a target for getting eaten