Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   The Official NBA Regular Season 07-08 Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=509272)

BobboFitos 11-19-2007 12:43 AM

Re: Official NBA Season Thread

kobe bryant is the [censored] man

tuq 11-19-2007 10:25 AM

Congratulations to the New Orleans Hornets, who are now tied with the Celtics for the best record in the NBA (FU, percentage point nits).

Nez477 11-19-2007 11:29 AM

Random thought:

The West is over 60% winning percentage over the East this season again

Aces McGee 11-19-2007 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure why teams ever don't go for the win if they're down by two. Normally a three is worth 1.5x as much as a two, but in that situation it's worth 2x as much (100% chance of winning vs. 50% chance). I'd only go for the tie if someone was completely wide open near the basket.

[/ QUOTE ]
good point, furthermore with KG and posey fouled out the Cs would be shorthanded in an overtime period

[/ QUOTE ]

The rule of thumb most teams seem to use is to go for the tie at home and the win on the road. This was probably on Garnett's mind when he kicked it to House the possession where Allen airballed his three; KG could have easily laid it in, but Eddie was wide open at the top of the key.

-McGee

tuq 11-19-2007 12:58 PM

BTW here are the updated rankings. Things are starting to settle out, except the Lakers need to get the hell out of the top ten before the vein in my forehead bursts. Also, too bad this forum doesn't have any Hornets homers cuz they've gotta be loving life leading the division with all three Texas teams.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3.../sagarin-1.jpg

tuq 11-19-2007 12:59 PM

Also, the reason you don't see Da Bulls on there is that my screen isn't big enough. They are DEAD LAST.

Semtex 11-19-2007 01:03 PM

Lol Lakers aren't going anywhere.

tuq 11-19-2007 01:09 PM

I also want to comment on something I read in the Dime today: I can see both the Magic and Celtics kind of feeling new to the whole contender/being good thing. For the Magic this is obvious. For the Celtics, as long and storied as the careers of the Big Three have been, their respective playoff experience is sorely lacking.

KG: Minny got out of the first round what, once? In KG's MVP year, where he averaged like 45/25/10 in the playoffs and it still wasn't good enough to beat the Lakers.

Pierce: well there was that epic comeback against the Nets in 2003 (? - I think that was the year), but really have they been to the postseason more than once or twice in his career?

Allen: they were surprisingly good three years ago before falling to the Spurs in the playoffs. This is the one I'm having the hardest time remembering. Didn't the Bucks contend one year several years back? Aside from that and 2005 I suspect Allen's playoff resume is really short.

Which is why I'm surprised that we all didn't see this start coming, three bona fide hall of famers in the back nine of their career coming together with a common goal. Of course they're gonna be hungry and dominant. This hot start could well be meaningless come May and June though. Injuries, chemistry, motivation, who knows what might be their undoing. But right now none of us should be surprised.

It's also funny given the fan base on this board. It was but a few months ago that the C's got donkey punched by not getting a top three pick. Then the Ray Allen trade happened and everyone was like WTF. Then the KG thing went down and it's been all smiles since. Talk about an overnight transformation.

Semtex 11-19-2007 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
KG: Minny got out of the first round what, once? In KG's MVP year, where he averaged like 45/25/10 in the playoffs and it still wasn't good enough to beat the Lakers.

[/ QUOTE ]
C'mon the T-wolves were really good that year they just had the misfortune that the Lakers had an unholy amount of talent. It showed that when KG had any semblance of a supporting cast he could take the team places. That T-wolves team then self destructed the next year, and if this hadn't happened they would have made multiple trips deep into the playoffs IMO

tuq 11-19-2007 01:27 PM

Semtex,

Didn't the Wolves lose to a Lakers team that went on to get buttsecksed by the Pistons? I think that was the year anyway. If so that demonstrates that the Lakers were quite beatable.