Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Beat: Am a freak and a very weird dude. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=540772)

bonds 11-08-2007 09:13 PM

Re: Beat: Am a freak and a very weird dude.

[ QUOTE ]
i pray to god howard lederer reads this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll get someone on praying to the other deities right away.

ImsaKidd 11-08-2007 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
dids stop taking potshots whenever you can at gobbo just because you are now no longer as fat or fatter than most of the people on 2+2. this is getting ridiculous. you go out of your way to do that and mask it by just saying you're trying to help. you're just trying to boost your own ego.

it took you until 30+ to control your out of control eating habits. don't get all holier than thou the minute you start losing some weight.

with that said, gobbo lose some mother [censored] weight.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't met you nation but I like you.

And yeah, I need to lose some [censored] weight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this mean we arent getting sushi tomorrow? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

kurosh 11-08-2007 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Radio Maria is the greatest restaurant in CU.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this place new? I had never heard of it before like a month ago but since have heard like everyone talking about it.

[/ QUOTE ]Nah, it's been around for a long time. It's in downtown and not many college kids go to it. It's absolutely incredible though. Fried goat cheese and eggplant fries FTW

imozyslow 11-08-2007 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't met you nation but Ill eat you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like indian food too.

Dids 11-08-2007 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dids stop taking potshots whenever you can at gobbo just because you are now no longer as fat or fatter than most of the people on 2+2. this is getting ridiculous. you go out of your way to do that and mask it by just saying you're trying to help. you're just trying to boost your own ego.

it took you until 30+ to control your out of control eating habits. don't get all holier than thou the minute you start losing some weight.

[/ QUOTE ]

How the [censored] am I boosting my own ego by pointing out that somebody most of the forum considers untouchable is not in healthy shape and that it's stupid for somebody else to wish to switch places with him? I totally thought people were going to love me for my post.

It's really, really stupid for somebody to suggest that they'd trade his situation for theirs. That's all I'm saying. I'm not trying to insult gobbo. He knows he's fat, I can't imagine that somebody pointing that out, and pointing out how unhealthy that is is going to make him feel worse. I assume that he doesn't need to be treated with kid gloves.

rwesty 11-08-2007 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
thee brevity of this statement from nation, replying to Dids, about Gobbo, just made a third-world nation explode.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

!

BowToYourSensei 11-08-2007 10:25 PM

cliff notes please? last i checked this thread had 20 replies, 400+?!

Dan87 11-08-2007 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
cliff notes please? last i checked this thread had 20 replies, 400+?!

[/ QUOTE ]lederer calls fricke a freak and won't sponsor him, 2p2 circlejerks, you ask for cliffnotes

i havent actually read the thread but I am guessing that is what went down

gobbomom 11-08-2007 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How the [censored] am I boosting my own ego by pointing out that somebody most of the forum considers untouchable is not in healthy shape and that it's stupid for somebody else to wish to switch places with him? I totally thought people were going to love me for my post.

It's really, really stupid for somebody to suggest that they'd trade his situation for theirs. That's all I'm saying. I'm not trying to insult gobbo. He knows he's fat, I can't imagine that somebody pointing that out, and pointing out how unhealthy that is is going to make him feel worse. I assume that he doesn't need to be treated with kid gloves.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hardly think he's been treated w/ kid gloves at any time in this thread Dids. You're pathetic.

metsfan88 11-08-2007 10:30 PM

They let this freak on FTP but not gobbo????

http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/images/...lan-boston.jpg

TheJubilantMale 11-08-2007 10:33 PM

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/9154/gobbohj7.png

AsH_KeTcHuM 11-08-2007 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFMFT

and by the way dids you still look sloppy and soft.

P.S. gobbo I'm available for hire as a personal trainer... you can axe bbv4l or oot for my credentials

its_just_me 11-08-2007 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They let this freak on FTP but not gobbo????

http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/images/...lan-boston.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]
i kinda liked him in weird science imo

top class actor imo
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/3...errymanzb7.jpg

Dids 11-08-2007 10:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hardly think he's been treated w/ kid gloves at any time in this thread Dids. You're pathetic.

[/ QUOTE ]

He isn't, and that's great. The issue is that simpletons like Nation and yourself seem to expect that we should. Heaven forbid that we point out that 1- his weight might be an issue in terms of corporate sponsorship or that 2- it's silly to suggest you'd trade places with him in a heartbeat.

You simply cannot exist on the internet if you can't distinguish these kinds of conversations from people insulting your son.

TheJubilantMale 11-08-2007 10:47 PM

lol dids. health is not an issue here. it looks only. OH NO JEN HARMAN HAS KIDNEY PROBLEMS ABORTTTTTTTTTT HER DEAL

BowToYourSensei 11-08-2007 10:50 PM

why is it that every single gobboboy OP disintegrates into a debate on his weight?

all of you [censored] clowns are pathetic

Xylocain 11-08-2007 10:53 PM

Could it be related to OP being fat?

Dids 11-08-2007 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol dids. health is not an issue here. it looks only. OH NO JEN HARMAN HAS KIDNEY PROBLEMS ABORTTTTTTTTTT HER DEAL

[/ QUOTE ]

Read the thread plz. Two separate issues.

gobboboy 11-08-2007 10:55 PM

You seem to think that being very overweight makes yourself less of a human than people who aren't. And you seem to want to make me feel like less a human for being a fatass too. I'm not going to let you though.

Triumph36 11-08-2007 10:56 PM

must be pretty awesome to be a mod - you can derail, troll, and turn once funny threads into srs bzness

dids' conduct in this thread is pathetic and juvenile.

its_just_me 11-08-2007 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
must be pretty awesome to be a mod - you can derail, troll, and turn once funny threads into srs bzness

dids' conduct in this thread is pathetic and juvenile.

[/ QUOTE ]
qfmft

BowToYourSensei 11-08-2007 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Read the thread plz. Two separate issues.

[/ QUOTE ]

look dids, i respect your accomplishments related to the weight loss and what have you, but it's nobodys place on an internet forum to constantly bombard the man with his weight.

tough love from his friends and family, fine, that's one thing, but for someone who has absolutely no connection to the man to come on and preach to him about this is both unfair and unneccessesary.

whether he's been treated with kid gloves or not is irrelevant, it never has been and never will be your place to do this whether you think it is helpful or not.

EDIT: and i say this as one of the 3 biggest unbanned douchebags on bbv

gobbomom 11-08-2007 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You seem to think that being very overweight makes yourself less of a human than people who aren't. And you seem to want to make me feel like less a human for being a fatass too. I'm not going to let you though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not either. Everyone sees through you Dids with your snide little comments, like he's the "golden boy" or the "sacred cow" and then you try to pull some little innocent act. First you accuse him of being treated with kid gloves, then when called on that, you say how great it is he's not being treated with kid gloves.
It's ridiculous. Just like Nation said. You need help.

Donkey-Milker 11-08-2007 11:01 PM

Dids is actually the worst mod on this site imo.

if you don't join his fan club he hates you.

if anything he should be more understanding and considerate surrounding this issue..

nath 11-08-2007 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Probably because you troll gobbo all the [censored] time about his weight and no matter how you package it the subtext is "I've lost all this weight and therefore I'm better than you." Maybe you aren't doing it to boost your own ego, strictly speaking, but it's just another instance of how you're one of the most (if not THE most) judgmental posters on 2+2.

And the reason for what you call "most of the forum consider[ing] gobbo untouchable" (which seems to be another pet issue of yours; why do you even [censored] care?) is because he's a nice guy and a good guy and a good friend and good strategy poster, and people try to troll him over his weight under the guise of "helping" him, or because his mom posts here. And it's because they can't think of anything else, and those of us who know him see their bull [censored] for what it is.

Man, I'm trying to be nice here, but nation's right, you look for any excuse to crack on gobbo.

augie_ 11-08-2007 11:09 PM

goooooooooo gobbo, if you win the aussie millions this year, wear a conspicuous pokerstars jersey, and talk about how awesome pokerstars is every other hand

getterdone36 11-08-2007 11:14 PM

gobo you got mad skills, [censored] the haters they are just jealous

Donkey-Milker 11-08-2007 11:17 PM

does anyone know what stakes Dids plays?

any success?

BowToYourSensei 11-08-2007 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
does anyone know what stakes Dids plays?

any success?

[/ QUOTE ]

if i remember, dids plays 50 NL, which is irrelevant

just like dids' weight relative to gobbo is irrelevant

no point in coming up with a new pissing contest

Grasshopp3r 11-08-2007 11:23 PM

HU FOR TWINKIES?

Knytestorme 11-08-2007 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

He isn't, and that's great. The issue is that simpletons like Nation and yourself seem to expect that we should. Heaven forbid that we point out that 1- his weight might be an issue in terms of corporate sponsorship or that 2- it's silly to suggest you'd trade places with him in a heartbeat.

You simply cannot exist on the internet if you can't distinguish these kinds of conversations from people insulting your son.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man you're sooooo right with point 1....I mean I can't think of any overweight guys that have ever been signed by poker sites because it sets a bad corporate example.

Maybe we should ask Fossilman, or Benyamin, or Doyle, or Todd, or.....I think you get the point.

sh58 11-08-2007 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
geta custom shirt made to wear for the event that says like freak and wierd dude or something. [censored] get a stars shirt that says it. your sure to get asked about it. in all your interviews just explain it, oh howard lederer said i was a freak and a very weird dude, unprovoked.

[/ QUOTE ]

MATT238 11-08-2007 11:40 PM

New cliff notes:

Dids is a former fatass ass.

Oh, and LOL at E-mail....hope HL responds.

Victor 11-08-2007 11:48 PM

this thread needs some brazilio.

imozyslow 11-08-2007 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this thread needs some brazilio.

[/ QUOTE ]

omg qfmft

MikeyPatriot 11-09-2007 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Could it be related to OP being fat?

[/ QUOTE ]

This had me rolling.

Continuing arguing everyone.

Kiddmother 11-09-2007 12:13 AM

Did's attitude reminds me of my mom ---- when she was a smoker she was about as rude as you could get --- she lit up in the basement of a CHURCH and they had to ask her to put it out (this was many years ago fwiw) -- but then when she quit she was probably even ruder walking up to people in open outside spaces and telling them she could smell the smoke and to put their cigarette out ........ WTF

Abbaddabba 11-09-2007 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe we should ask Fossilman, or Benyamin, or Doyle, or Todd, or.....I think you get the point.

[/ QUOTE ]

And if he does what they've done, then he might get picked up. But he hasnt, so the weight IS an issue.

raymer won the WSOPME, and the others were icons before they were sponsored. gobboboy is just some 'd00d' with a 2nd place finish in a foreign tournament, who apparently has a lot of fans in the 2+2 community (which is not at all FTP's target audience).

bustowithnobra 11-09-2007 12:16 AM

Since this thread has gotten so deep and people don't want to look back, there were plenty of posts before Dids' saying the same thing- this was mine about 10 posts before Dids said anything in the thread

Bustowithnobra said:

[ QUOTE ]
boo [censored] hoo. If Gobbo were in the position Howard was in, running the company and really didn't want someone on the team, I'm sure he would say stuff about people A LOT worse than that. I think he's so particularly acidic because he's trying to get the point across, to keep the FT guy from emailing him Gobbo's retort or something like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

prodonkey 11-09-2007 12:18 AM

I'm just curious.. and not reading this whole retarded thread.. but why does he need full tilt to back him? Since he got 2nd at Aussie Millions! He should be rollin in dough.. or did he eat it all already?