Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Guitar Hero III (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=523244)

TheCroShow 11-06-2007 01:01 AM

Re: ~What

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
im still stuck on slayer [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

hate tier 8 so much, i dont wanna cheat so im considering just going and beating the game on medium

[/ QUOTE ]

my pride is keeping me from doing so. i just have to beat one and raining blood...sigh....

furyshade 11-06-2007 02:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
im still stuck on slayer [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

hate tier 8 so much, i dont wanna cheat so im considering just going and beating the game on medium

[/ QUOTE ]

my pride is keeping me from doing so. i just have to beat one and raining blood...sigh....

[/ QUOTE ]

i am yet to beat anything on tier 8 on hard, but i have only tried the first song cause i am stuborn and obsessive when it comes to things like this and wont do songs out of order

cobrakai111 11-06-2007 03:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Yea man, I blew through Easy the first night I got it, and I spent the last week getting through Medium. I'm hitting a wall now, though.... I can 5-* all but 2 or 3 of the Mediums, but I can't get anything above a 3-* on any of the hards. Argh this is so frustrating.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I'm in a similar boat. Breezed through easy, then 5starred everything but raining blood. On Medium I didn't try for any 5*'s just went and completed every song. Now on hard I'm struggling to finish out the first venue.

I thought it was the coolest thing when I started playing medium. I didn't even notice how few of the notes you play on easy. When I fired up some songs on medium it occurred to me that easy mode is basically just playing the major changes and nothing else. Medium/Hard just feel so much more like you're actually playing the song.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm also in the same boat, cruised the easy, did ok in medium and hard is crushing me. My brain has so much trouble hitting a fast consecutive scale of notes in a row, my fingers just don't seem to want to go in order.

TimTimSalabim 11-06-2007 03:11 AM

Brag: I just beat Raining Blood on Hard

Beat: Now I can barely move my forearms

Variance: Not sure how I got through the Mosh 1 section, if it was all the practice mode I did or just plain luck + starpower

MuresanForMVP 11-06-2007 04:20 AM

Raining Blood ain't that hard, youll get it soon enough....if any 2p2 people wanna play, my 360 name is Slavery Lol, and my mic is constantly looping Rick Astley. I usually pwn on Expert but now I may be reduced to mediocre at hard. Come one come all!

bottomset 11-06-2007 05:32 AM

I guess for the wii(and maybe the others) the unlock all, for the co-op songs only unlocks them for expert [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I've beat ~18songs on expert(in quickplay, [censored] you Tom Morello) its more fun that hard, but some of the songs are a huge jump up

Allinlife 11-06-2007 11:36 AM

been stuck on Lou on hard for last 3 days...sucks they dont have practice mode for battles.

Ghazban 11-06-2007 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
been stuck on Lou on hard for last 3 days...sucks they dont have practice mode for battles.

[/ QUOTE ]

That happened to me too; I finally beat him just by saving up powerups and using them all in a row during his tougher solos. It helped to be fortunate enough to not get lefty-flipped during my own hard solos, too.

MasterShakeJr 11-06-2007 01:42 PM

My goals is to get at least 4* on everything on medium before I move up. The only songs I have left are Raining Blood and Cult of Personality (I keep regularly blowing that stupid riff somehow.)

dmk 11-06-2007 03:26 PM

med->hard transition really is ridic difficult. i can't make my pinky jump to orange. i wind up shifting my whole hand down (so i'm not on G). but then when there are the really fast parts i can't keep track of where my hand is and i'm hitting O instead of B, etc

bottomset 11-06-2007 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
med->hard transition really is ridic difficult. i can't make my pinky jump to orange. i wind up shifting my whole hand down (so i'm not on G). but then when there are the really fast parts i can't keep track of where my hand is and i'm hitting O instead of B, etc

[/ QUOTE ]

when i first started the transition, is switched to a base RYBO hand position for most songs, since my index finger can reach a lot easier than my pinky

gharp 11-06-2007 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

when i first started the transition, is switched to a base RYBO hand position for most songs, since my index finger can reach a lot easier than my pinky

[/ QUOTE ]
Me too. In fact, while I was working my way through medium I tried to do it with RYBO as much as possible because I knew the orange note was coming on hard. It's so ingrained in me that now when I go back and play medium songs, it feels wrong if I try to do GRYB, so I end up just RYBO-ing and reaching for every G.

blackize 11-06-2007 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm that's not a bad idea. I might have to try this later.

Grue 11-06-2007 06:39 PM

prior to making the transition in GH2 I 5*'d all medium songs before moving on and it wasn't too difficult when I got to hard.

bogey1 11-06-2007 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm that's not a bad idea. I might have to try this later.

[/ QUOTE ]

You just get used to sliding back and forth and your mind just learns to remember where you were. Starting with your fingers homed on the last 4 keys does help though.

Eventually, for some of those HO/PO things like YOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYO, you'll even learn to slide up another notch or two to use your strongest fingers since the pinky has a tough time bouncing on the key fast enough.

vulturesrow 11-06-2007 07:08 PM

Took another crack at medium last night and it went quite a bit better. Unfortunately after reading the last few posts, I think I need to just reset my starting position again as Im starting with my index finger on green. I have to say that I am enjoying the songs more on medium even though I still find them somewhat difficult, because I feel more like Im actually playing a song.

Probably what I'm struggling most with right now is the strings where you are just tapping between two notes continuously, both the HO/POs and the ones you have to strum.

dmk 11-06-2007 11:29 PM

i went through the 1st 2 sets on hard w/out *too* much trouble. passed probably 5 without failing and the other 4 took a couple tries. mostly 3*s, couple of 4*s, and 1 close 5* (avg multiplier = 2.78). i'm getting the hang of it, but i'm still not good at the really fast HOPOs and some other things.

i didn't go back through medium, but i passed everything on my 1st try and got at least 4* on everything, so i'm not going to bother 5*ing those just to say i did. i might as well just work on hard instead since its vastly different

m_reed05 11-07-2007 01:52 AM

Uhhh, the battle vs. Lou on expert is so stupid. I swear it's pure luck. I got through every song on expert on the first try except 1 (Raining Blood), and now I must have failed the battle with Lou 100 times, no exaggeration.

BradleyT 11-07-2007 02:21 AM

2007 live version of raining blood. Is it the part from 1:06 - 1:20 that gives everyone trouble in the game?

MuresanForMVP 11-07-2007 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Uhhh, the battle vs. Lou on expert is so stupid. I swear it's pure luck. I got through every song on expert on the first try except 1 (Raining Blood), and now I must have failed the battle with Lou 100 times, no exaggeration.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea what made it even better was the fact that I after I completed the stupid damn thing I saw that The Devil Went Down To Georgia wasn't even playable in quickplay. Awesome! GT1T says it's gonna be available as DLC, which is awesome, but still wtf?

blackize 11-07-2007 04:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

2007 live version of raining blood. Is it the part from 1:06 - 1:20 that gives everyone trouble in the game?

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh 1:06-1:20 is pretty bad but starting at about the 3 minute mark is worse.

bottomset 11-07-2007 06:11 AM

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] only have One left on hard mode, but I can't play the fast part in the second half, and the spot i failed was just a blob of HO/PO triplets which i suck at as well

so probably not beating hard anytime soon

through 4sets on expert, in quickplay which has made hard a little easier

blackize 11-07-2007 06:23 AM

I'm not sure I'll be able to even beat hard. I just can't seem to make my fingers cooperate with the quick stuff.

I'm stuck on the 3rd venue which is absolutely horrible because I'm failing left and right and most all of the songs are terrible.

cobrakai111 11-07-2007 09:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure I'll be able to even beat hard. I just can't seem to make my fingers cooperate with the quick stuff.

I'm stuck on the 3rd venue which is absolutely horrible because I'm failing left and right and most all of the songs are terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

sigh agreed. I pretty much can 4-5 star everything on medium except the heavy metal but hard I've just hit a gigantic wall. If I have to listen to Pat Benatar another 10 times I will smash the guitar.

MasterShakeJr 11-07-2007 10:32 AM

Finally 4*'d Cult of Personality last night. Only Raining Blood to go and it's on to hard mode. [shudder]

Zimmer4141 11-07-2007 10:54 AM

I feel like the songs on GH3 are ridiculously easier to FC.

I had only 3 FCs on GH2 (granted I didn't try that hard to get them) but I already have like 13 on GH3. The solo for Rock and Roll All Nite is still kicking my ass, but I should be able to get it soon enough.

Most recent FCs: Closer, Paint it Black, Miss Murder

fiskebent 11-07-2007 11:59 AM

I think the GH3 songs will be harder for me to FC than the GH2 songs were. I play on Hard and have around 10 FCs in GH2 including 5 of the 6 tier 1 songs.

I don't see myself FCing ANY of the GH3 tier 1 songs anytime soon on Hard. They're not difficult for me to 5*, but there's one or two sections in all of them that I just can't do.

Grue 11-07-2007 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow 3rd tier is awesome, I like all of the songs not only as good songs but as good GH songs to play, though they could have probably picked a better who song than the seeker. again if you guys are having problems on hard I really recommend 5*ing all songs on medium before moving on. also if you have problems with barracuda on hard you need to learn to alt strum.

Edge34 11-07-2007 01:13 PM

Just got to Raining blood on hard. [censored] this [censored].

gusmahler 11-07-2007 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Check out the note chart at 3:00:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=yblji_TXxUs

kyro 11-07-2007 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Check out the note chart at 3:00:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=yblji_TXxUs

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah. The runs are far more difficult because there is no let up. The solos aren't bad, especially if you can save star power up.

kyro 11-07-2007 07:59 PM

Brag: 5* first 7 tiers.
Brag: Beat One on first try.
Beat: Will never beat Slayer.

bogey1 11-07-2007 08:47 PM

Finished Hard. One was a bitch, but eventually made it through. Just star-powered the one solo section and the rest wasn't too hard once I got the fast strum rythm. Lou was a @#$*@#&$ bitch. I hate, Hate, HATE, battle mode. What a worthless part of the game.

I'm up to tier 7 now on expert and there's 2 songs I don't think I'll ever be able to do. Oh well. I know I couldn't do tier 8, and I've just for fun I tried the DragonForce song on the slowest possible practice mode and can barely do the entry solo....

DonkeyKongSr 11-07-2007 08:57 PM

Just a headsup that tonight's South Park is titled "Guitar Queer-o".

TheSalche 11-07-2007 10:12 PM

Can co-op be played over XBL or do you have to do it with two people at the same 360?

Grue 11-07-2007 11:45 PM

**WORLD FIRST**

I got 95,100 on school's out on expert which is apparently the lowest recorded 5* for this song.

I feel so proud.

bottomset 11-08-2007 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
**WORLD FIRST**

I got 95,100 on school's out on expert which is apparently the lowest recorded 5* for this song.

I feel so proud.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

the only songs I've 5* on expert were in the 2.80-2.85 range, not that song, but I'm prob near the bottom on them

Tokyo!! 11-08-2007 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Brag: 5* first 7 tiers.
Brag: Beat One on first try.
Beat: Will never beat Slayer.

[/ QUOTE ]

same, except didnt 5* KoC

gusmahler 11-08-2007 02:34 AM

Amazing how many songs have already been FCd. Looks like only One, Raining Blood, TTFAF, and FCPREMIX haven't been FCd yet. (The Way It Ends hasn't been FCd on the 360, but has on the PS2.)

gehrig 11-08-2007 02:35 AM

i finally beat the metal on expert

SHIP IT

the next set has the shitest songs in the game tho it'll be a while before i bother to beat them