Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   New CardRunners website to launch tomorrow (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=509466)

steel108 09-27-2007 05:03 AM

Re: New CardRunners website to launch tomorrow

Its not working for IE either

Gonso 09-27-2007 05:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
excuse me but I PLAY FOR A LIVING.

Secondly I don't like a site that makes up posts here to get free advertising, that's bs, these guys are well rolled and can pay for it, but instead make up BS posts promoting themselves here(which they do all the time) create a new user here and put up stuff to draw attention to their site. I.E Mr. Shootmeplease. I rest my case.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess you missed the paid ads they have here, so there goes your free advertising complaint. For that matter, how many times have you pimped your little blog?

And now you're making baseless (and silly) accusations against them... please. Gimmick accounts? Hollywood video editing? They have serious credibility here and in the poker community as well. You're just some random doofus who apparently can't hold hold down a job.

Please move on and stop dangling off of our balls, kthxbye

bedsheets 09-27-2007 05:04 AM

Asking me to pay for the videos. Username = Bunkman

MICADOO 09-27-2007 05:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Donkeys,
Thank you for posting your errors here. Be as specific as possible, our developers are checking this thread. FYI you can fix this problem instantly by going to the payment screen and sending us $99.95, I will personally add 1 yr to your current membership. What a deal guys!!!

tc

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

Gonso 09-27-2007 05:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Donkeys,
Thank you for posting your errors here. Be as specific as possible, our developers are checking this thread. FYI you can fix this problem instantly by going to the payment screen and sending us $99.95, I will personally add 1 yr to your current membership. What a deal guys!!!

tc

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone ban this troll?

09-27-2007 05:07 AM

I'm halfway through CTS's video and I can only describe it as "poker on crack". I mean he know's what he's doing, but that style would take a certain mindset to be able to play. My early opinion is that Tay, Sbrugby and Jman are nits compared to this guy.

steel108 09-27-2007 05:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm halfway through CTS's video and I can only describe it as "poker on crack". I mean he know's what he's doing, but that style would take a certain mindset to be able to play. My early opinion is that Tay, Sbrugby and Jman are nits compared to this guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

ARGHHHHHHHHH, I'm so [censored] jealous

dotbum 09-27-2007 05:09 AM

I'm downloading now. Here's how I fixed it:

Open you hosts file (usually c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts) in notepad and add these lines:

66.209.214.49 cardrunners.com
66.209.214.49 www.cardrunners.com

Save file, restart your browser and download the cts vid!

ra]\\[dom 09-27-2007 05:09 AM

As someone said before, if you are getting a request to pay for the video and are using Firefox, try IE, it worked there for me, at least the streaming version.

MICADOO 09-27-2007 05:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
excuse me but I PLAY FOR A LIVING.

Secondly I don't like a site that makes up posts here to get free advertising, that's bs, these guys are well rolled and can pay for it, but instead make up BS posts promoting themselves here(which they do all the time) create a new user here and put up stuff to draw attention to their site. I.E Mr. Shootmeplease. I rest my case.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess you missed the paid ads they have here, so there goes your free advertising complaint. For that matter, how many times have you pimped your little blog?

And now you're making baseless (and silly) accusations against them... please. Gimmick accounts? Hollywood video editing? They have serious credibility here and in the poker community as well. You're just some random doofus who apparently can't hold hold down a job.

Please move on and stop dangling off of our balls, kthxbye

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it's hard to keep that nine to five job when you win 10k a night online. You come into work groggy from playing all night and the boss leans into you, ummm well sir I can afford to say fire me then! Of course you could never do this. Yes this is my wonderful life!

Taylor Caby 09-27-2007 05:12 AM

ok that's it, HU FOR ROLLS? Name site. i'm getting tilted here.

thanks for the advice, pm's, etc., we are making progress.

tc

MICADOO 09-27-2007 05:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Donkeys,

tc

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone ban this troll?

[/ QUOTE ]
someone ban this card runner employee!!!

dotbum 09-27-2007 05:13 AM

Watching now, awesome! I should not be this excited.

Gonso, please stop feeding the troll. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

N 82 50 24 09-27-2007 05:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Donkeys,

tc

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone ban this troll?

[/ QUOTE ]

INSPIRON 09-27-2007 05:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Open you hosts file (usually c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts) in notepad and add these lines:

[/ QUOTE ]

Ty! Did that and seems to work!

pureklas 09-27-2007 05:14 AM

micadoo, your not exactly making any friends in this thread. Why don't you just quit while your down.

sundevil2004 09-27-2007 05:15 AM

simply cannot log in. No error, just takes me to screen to select a package to purchase and sign up. My CR name is Sundevil2004. Thanks

Taylor Caby 09-27-2007 05:15 AM

Are people getting in now? been told some issues have been cleared up.

tc

N 82 50 24 09-27-2007 05:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Okay, if you know about the hosts file then you're surely competent enough to empty your DNS cache. Does that mean it didn't work for you? Who's your ISP?

bones 09-27-2007 05:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

worked for me and watching the vid now. holler

Daddy Warbucks 09-27-2007 05:17 AM

No.

I did the flushdns and now i can't see the site at all. I'm getting this time out message

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

* This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept
cookies.

bedsheets 09-27-2007 05:18 AM

Ok, I updated "my profile" on the site and now I can stream CTS's video. Still can't download though. Username = Bunkman

daca 09-27-2007 05:18 AM

The new site looks good. Downloading the cts video right now. Having played some with Fabian I think he's a good choice for a ssnl/msnl instructor. gl

steel108 09-27-2007 05:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For those getting the the redirecting error, this did the trick

dotbum 09-27-2007 05:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Okay, if you know about the hosts file then you're surely competent enough to empty your DNS cache. Does that mean it didn't work for you? Who's your ISP?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, didn't work for me, I'm with Neuf (France), I just emailed Taylor to say I think it's propagating the wrong way (INTO the problem if you know what I mean) but that's just a hunch as I want to watch the vid and haven't looked at the dns records.

09-27-2007 05:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I updated "my profile" on the site and now I can stream CTS's video. Still can't download though. Username = Bunkman

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here, can stream but not download.
wetleg

selle 09-27-2007 05:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No.

I did the flushdns and now i can't see the site at all. I'm getting this time out message

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

* This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept
cookies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Black winter day 09-27-2007 05:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i am a member! I click on download and nothing happens!

[/ QUOTE ]

member zhenek
I can stream though.

N 82 50 24 09-27-2007 05:25 AM

It looks to me like some ISPs have an updated DNS and some don't. I would probably recommend trying tomorrow if you don't want to deal with a hosts file.

I'm not sure why CR did a domain switch like this at the same time as the site change. Normally I do server switches like this:

1. Copy most of the content from old server to new server.
2. Repoint the domain.
3. Copy over the last of the data and stop updating anything on the old server.
4. Wait for propagation and then start working on the new server.

And THEN I would do an update. Switch content and servers/IPs at the same time doesn't seem like a terrific idea, but if they were switching server OS stuff, then I could see why they would do what they did.

Harriet 09-27-2007 05:25 AM

When i first logged on i could get as far as the video download but couldnt download as i got a message asking me to pay for the video. I updated my profile and now when i log in it takes me takes me to a screen to select a package to purchase and sign up. My CR name is Hansel. Thanks

hielo_uno 09-27-2007 05:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i try to do this but i cant save file, anyone knows what i did wrong?

Daddy Warbucks 09-27-2007 05:29 AM

Right, i added the IP to my hosts file and it fixed it. Still can't download or straem the videos.

Bugs so far:
download/stream buttons don't work (LDO)
top 10 most recent/viewed links don't return the results properly. From what i can see, they're just listing the first 10 videos in alphabetical order.

Comments:
Bring back the links to the videos on the front page. You should have to go into different sections to find the videos. The thing i liked most about the last site was that you could visit the front page and the new video was sitting there.

Gonso 09-27-2007 05:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Gonso, please stop feeding the troll. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I know, I was bored. LOL @ Taylor's "HU for rolls" though, good stuff...

Still not getting in, I log in and it leads me right back to the login.

Ratamahatta 09-27-2007 05:31 AM

I can't access CR using IE.
I can get in, but can't log in with Firefox. I get an error # 12263
When i use Opera I get an error as well:

You tried to access the address https://www.cardrunners.com/members/index.php, which is currently unavailable. Please make sure that the Web address (URL) is correctly spelled and punctuated, then try reloading the page.

Secure connection: fatal error (40)

ckinght 09-27-2007 05:42 AM

DNS Issue: Solutions posted above

Daddy Warbucks 09-27-2007 05:43 AM

I just noticed something. If you're logged in, and you click download video, if you've got a popup blocker on, it won't download for you. It treats it as a popup ad. Observe:

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/8729/bugeb3.jpg

SlowHabit 09-27-2007 05:44 AM

I watched the video; it delivered.

goofyballer 09-27-2007 05:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i try to do this but i cant save file, anyone knows what i did wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

Could be cause it's a hidden file, try saving as "hosts.txt" or something, delete the old one, rename hosts.txt to hosts.

The "download video" button did not work in IE for me (gave me a Javascript error and nothing happened, this is in IE 7 on XP), but did in Firefox.

Gonso 09-27-2007 05:47 AM

I had a two-letter s/n, I'm thinking the new system doesn't like it - it's back to the login screen again.

I PM'd Taylor on this but just wondering if anyone else thinks that might be my problem

Ship Ship McGipp 09-27-2007 05:48 AM

taylor if you give me a free card runners membership i will consider doing a video for you.. i guarantee there is high demand for me, and i'm very marketable.