Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Halo 3 Chatter and XBL Gamertag Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=503762)

TheSalche 10-24-2007 05:10 PM

Re: Halo 3 Chatter and XBL Gamertag Thread

I'd be up for some custom games sat afternoon, I'd like to get some infection games going. Those are pimp.

notfreemoney 10-24-2007 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
thanks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

advantages- makes other team mad when I kill them

disadvantages- i'm called something different every game, I usually go by joe and thats not even my name [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL no sweat. Its just funny because last night we were playing Team Slayer: Salt, me, and another 2p2er. And we played this one team that pretty much owned us in a shotty sniper match. Some [censored] on their team says "Thanks for the practice" after the match. So then we get into a big jokefest about people who take Halo 3 way too seriously and then two matches later we get paired against a team that has someone named KOSNoobPowner or some stupid [censored] like that. That then started off another round of hilarity and joke cracking. But whatever floats your boat man. Long as you dont take the [censored] too seriously. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL we did get owned. But then we realized that those guys probably have weekly halo meetings at their moms house every friday night. - GT: talt135 if u want to add me

4 High 10-24-2007 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Keep on their asses (and get reference #'s for each call you make) when dealing with their repair department. It's the most incompetent group of people I've ever had to deal with. Luckily I've been doing 30-day rentals from Future Shop & Walmart (Best Buy is next) in the meantime or I'd be suffering severe Halo withdrawl.

[/ QUOTE ]

Watch out for return policies. I did the 30 day rental from Best Buy, but then i tried Toysrus and noticed they dont give refunds for open 360s and ive heard other places are the same.

goofyballer 10-24-2007 08:04 PM

When talking [censored] to some noob in Halo 2 once I challenged him to HU 4 $100 without even thinking. He miraculously shut up even though this obviously carries no weight whatsoever on Xbox Live.

jmill2511 10-25-2007 04:43 AM

Has anyone noticed that Elites are just about always horrible? I don't understand it, it's like there's some meeting between all the sucky players of Halo where they all agree to be Elites. Really confuses me.

Also on Halo 2 me and my buddies names were "HoeSitDown" and " GetOnMyLevel" but we meant it as a joke, we don't actually take ourselves that serious. Peoples reactions were pretty funny though, especially before I got good at the game.

vulturesrow 10-25-2007 11:11 AM

DJ Sensei and I hooked up for a few games again last night. I played like crap pretty much the entire time. However in the last game we played, I went off. For the first time I really understood the power of the battle rifle. Got most of my kills with it, including 8 headshots and ended up with 22 kills and the MVP. Very gratifying even if I did somehow manage to drop two levels last night. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

dkgojackets 10-25-2007 11:24 AM

I run so bad on beatdowns, it really pisses me off

AceLuby 10-25-2007 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
DJ Sensei and I hooked up for a few games again last night. I played like crap pretty much the entire time. However in the last game we played, I went off. For the first time I really understood the power of the battle rifle. Got most of my kills with it, including 8 headshots and ended up with 22 kills and the MVP. Very gratifying even if I did somehow manage to drop two levels last night. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've also discovered the usefullness of the BR on a lot of levels, esp for TS. Lots of clean-up kills & assists w/ very few deaths. Really good on Snowbound, Isolation, & Narrows. On Isolation w/ two guys w/ BR on top of the hill w/ one person w/ the shotty = pwn. Also a really good counter to the mayhem that is the Narrows w/ all the Maulers.

Jazzy3113 10-25-2007 12:36 PM

im addicted to this game. i called in sick to work yesterday.

I am obssessed with controling the sword room on that one map where it is like a plane hangar.

Dexytp22 10-25-2007 12:46 PM

Understanding the ungodly power of the battle rifle is the next step to becoming utter ownage. Imho. I think the br is second or third for my career kills, you need to be good at it to be a good player. Also, my suspension is up, I'll be on tonight if anyone wants to play. Need to get to 45.

Thug Bubbles 10-25-2007 01:10 PM

Played some custom games last night. SO DAMN FUN! The only problem is you really need 10+ people for a full experience. Two game varients, Spike Ball and Grandma's House, are just hilariously fun. The former is basically dodgeball with spike grenades; very fun as long as everybody stays on their respective side since the game arena is simply boxes lined in a split rectangle. Grandma's House, though, is insane. It's a bunch of boxes stacked on top of each other such that the playing field is a tiny rectangle, with two flags literally feet apart. Once the match starts the whole room just goes to hell. The best part is that if you manage to get outside, there is a scorpion tank waiting to be used.

Alpha Zombie Infection with a superhuman Last Man Standing is still my favorite, though.

ematz 10-25-2007 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I run so bad on beatdowns, it really pisses me off

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. This game tilts me so bad because I still suck and get owned every game I play. When I become at least semi-decent I'll post my gamertag.

goofyballer 10-25-2007 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Played some custom games last night. SO DAMN FUN! The only problem is you really need 10+ people for a full experience.

[/ QUOTE ]

If someone made a thread in BBV4L about all of us getting on some night I'd be down. I imagine there are plenty of Halo players there that don't necessarily post in this forum.

ThaSaltCracka 10-25-2007 03:53 PM

I may play some tonight. I have taken the past two nights "off".

DerekJCEX 10-25-2007 04:02 PM

this is my first time playing a halo game for more than an hour, and i must say i'm very addicted. i've already missed a good week of grinding because of this. bye bye money

shipit this way On XBL

DerekJCEX 10-25-2007 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

EDIT: DJ Sensei and I hooked up for a few games last night, was pretty cool. Its always more fun to play with another 2p2er. I'm hoping one night we have enough on to play some custom games.

[/ QUOTE ]

we should do this

Hoya 10-25-2007 04:11 PM

I'm up to try some customs

vulturesrow 10-25-2007 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Played some custom games last night. SO DAMN FUN! The only problem is you really need 10+ people for a full experience. Two game varients, Spike Ball and Grandma's House, are just hilariously fun. The former is basically dodgeball with spike grenades; very fun as long as everybody stays on their respective side since the game arena is simply boxes lined in a split rectangle. Grandma's House, though, is insane. It's a bunch of boxes stacked on top of each other such that the playing field is a tiny rectangle, with two flags literally feet apart. Once the match starts the whole room just goes to hell. The best part is that if you manage to get outside, there is a scorpion tank waiting to be used.

Alpha Zombie Infection with a superhuman Last Man Standing is still my favorite, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thug,

Dont know if you noticed or not but I jumped in for a little while there. Alpha Zombie Infection was [censored] sick, loved that game. Wish I couldve stayed longer.

Thug Bubbles 10-25-2007 08:46 PM

I noticed, but figured you didn't like it since you bounced early.

You down for a game Friday around 8:30 central? Goes for anybody. Something came up and I can't do Saturday, so I'll just do a lengthy session friday. Lets get a massive hooha going!

vulturesrow 10-25-2007 10:11 PM

Nah I only had time for a few. Thats a little early of a start time for me but if you plan on playing for a while I'll be on eventually. Usually I cant get on until about 10PM pacific time. There are some guys that are usually on when I am on: ThaSaltCracka, DJSensei(GT-Salmon Slinger), and a few others I cant think of right this moment. There are some non 2p2ers on my friends list who I can vouch for as being good dudes if they are on.

ThaSaltCracka 10-25-2007 10:44 PM

I might be down for that tomorrow.

Vulture, you down like a clown?

BTW, once again all, add me to your friends list (GT:ThaSaltCracka)

dkgojackets 10-25-2007 11:56 PM

i should be on tomorrow night too

Hoya 10-26-2007 01:59 AM

Cracka,

Sorry I didn't play - I was with another friend who wanted to play slayer

ThaSaltCracka 10-26-2007 03:10 AM

Are you ghandi?

Thug Bubbles 10-26-2007 09:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nah I only had time for a few. Thats a little early of a start time for me but if you plan on playing for a while I'll be on eventually. Usually I cant get on until about 10PM pacific time. There are some guys that are usually on when I am on: ThaSaltCracka, DJSensei(GT-Salmon Slinger), and a few others I cant think of right this moment. There are some non 2p2ers on my friends list who I can vouch for as being good dudes if they are on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Word. Usually I play until 2-10 am, so most likely there will be something happening.

Hoya 10-26-2007 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you ghandi?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep

ThaSaltCracka 10-26-2007 11:45 AM

oh ok, damn, I couldn't figure out who that was! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

We were trying to get one or two more people to rally up for some big team battle. We had a bitch of a time finding an extra person.

Side story, due to the wait, we decided to hop in to a cutom game of TS. It was Vulture, Me, and my other friend vs. My other buddy, his guest, his friend, and his friends guest.

I proclaimed before the match started that they would get owned, which they responded to by becoming a pink team of [censored]'s. Stood out like a sore thumb and us three earned a nice steak dinner.

Later on, we were finally able to get a BTB game, which was TS. We had a full 8 and we proceeded to demolish some team of noobs 100-48 on Valhalla. I thought we would get something special for that, but it doesn't look like it.

vulturesrow 10-26-2007 01:19 PM

That Valhalla game was hella sick. I started off slow at the beginning of that one and then went on a tear (really loving the BR these days). The Pit game was awesome too. I won the race to the rocket launcher and got some easy quick kills. Then I got the sword and got a few more kills. They started wanking about us having all the good weapons lol. Serves 'em right for picking pink as their color...

ThaSaltCracka 10-26-2007 02:18 PM

I'll be on tonight for some social slayer matches. I will probably have a guest :P

notfreemoney 10-27-2007 04:47 PM

<----got commander status today. prob be on later if neone wants to play - GT- talt135

vulturesrow 10-27-2007 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll be on tonight for some social slayer matches. I will probably have a guest :P

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry I didnt make it back last night. I should be on tonight now that I've caught up on my sleep.

ThaSaltCracka 10-27-2007 05:20 PM

aight, I have to apologize for my performance and the games we played. I was horrible basically all night, the polar opposite of Goofyballer, who was basically MVP for 1 million games in a row. I will play tonight as well.

ThaSaltCracka 10-27-2007 05:29 PM

Bungie weekly update

Some comments in there about maps. Looks like we will have a new one by Halloween.

Some funny videos at the end as well.

TheSalche 10-27-2007 07:32 PM

TSC - I think that comment was about "addition to matchmaking playlist" which likely means they will have Infection during Halloween (or Haloween).

Corpsebean 10-27-2007 07:34 PM

That was pretty fun last night. I really need to practice or something, I'm terrible - and I gotta get a mic since my cat chewed the one that came with the system.

ThaSaltCracka 10-27-2007 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TSC - I think that comment was about "addition to matchmaking playlist" which likely means they will have Infection during Halloween (or Haloween).

[/ QUOTE ]ah [censored], you are right. Hopefully its not infection!!!!

dkgojackets 10-28-2007 09:27 PM

anyone have a clue how skill rating is calculated?

TheSalche 10-29-2007 03:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]ah [censored], you are right. Hopefully its not infection!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

1. What other gametype would satisfy your needs that isn't already on matchmaking?
2. Have you ever played infection? It's fun as hell.

Thug Bubbles 10-29-2007 10:32 AM

This is very true, so long as the last man standing is juiced up.

AceLuby 10-29-2007 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
anyone have a clue how skill rating is calculated?

[/ QUOTE ]

No one does, but it's a calculation based on your skill level, the skill level of your opponents, your place @ the end of the match, how much you won or lost by, your k/d ratio, etc...