Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   College Football Week One Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=490218)

Franchise 60 09-01-2007 04:24 PM

Re: College Football Week One Thread

[ QUOTE ]
What sucks is like 110 DI schools last year played I-AA teams and Michigan wasn't one of them.

Then this year we actually improve our strength of schedule by picking up ASU instead of Vanderbilt.

Sigh.

[/ QUOTE ]

ASU is not a better team than Vanderbilt.

I love the excuses that are thought up after Michigan is ranked top 5, and loses to a Div 1-AA at home (when no D1AA team has ever beaten a ranked team before according to ESPN news).

iggymcfly 09-01-2007 04:24 PM

The craziest part about this whole thing is that if Michigan manages to pull out a 10-win season, and no I-A teams go undefeated, you actually could make an argument that Appalachian State is the best college football team in the country and deserves to be the real national champion. The idea of there being a legitimate debate who's better between the I-A and I-AA champions is just mind-boggling.

pwnsall 09-01-2007 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What sucks is like 110 DI schools last year played I-AA teams and Michigan wasn't one of them.

Then this year we actually improve our strength of schedule by picking up ASU instead of Vanderbilt.

Sigh.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love the excuses that are thought up after Michigan is ranked top 5, and loses to a Div 1-AA at home (when no D1AA team has ever beaten a ranked team before according to ESPN news).

[/ QUOTE ]

You could use this same rational to say ASU isn't a typical D1AA team and is therefore pretty good. Don't sell their accomplishment short.

Franchise 60 09-01-2007 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The craziest part about this whole thing is that if Michigan manages to pull out a 10-win season, and no I-A teams go undefeated, you actually could make an argument that Appalachian State is the best college football team in the country and deserves to be the real national champion. The idea of there being a legitimate debate who's better between the I-A and I-AA champions is just mind-boggling.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can make the argument, but it wouldn't be a legitimate one.

NajdorfDefense 09-01-2007 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder if this drops UM out of the top 25.

It should. I mean it's [censored] Appalachian State!

[ QUOTE ]

AS QB interview: They just another team with a name on their jersey!

[/ QUOTE ]

pwned

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder if David Stern can investigate Lloyd Carr for point shaving...nice 2-pt try in the 4th, typically bad coaching otherwise LDO.

Gregatron 09-01-2007 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Sigh.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow. You just got beat by a FSC/1AA team, and you still find a way to make a swipe at the SEC. Vandy would have likely beaten ASU.

I think the UMich bashing in the thread is unneeded, immature, and just generally childish. It's also pretty funny so keep it up guys.

dawade 09-01-2007 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Sigh.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I was referring to the fact that according to BCS Strength of Schedule formulas ASU is higher than Vanderbilt.

Not taking a swipe at the SEC, I live in Tennessee FFS. I was just strictly referring to the SoS from last year.

HUGE props to ASU, I knew this would be a tougher game than normal but I certainly wasn't expecting this. gg.

Franchise 60 09-01-2007 04:31 PM

Anyone bashing the SEC is retarded, and I'm from NJ.

sc000t 09-01-2007 04:32 PM

O.M.G.

Feel so [censored] sick right now. Best day of the year, picture perfect saturday here in south west michigan and I feel like I just got kicked in the balls. Watched the game at the bar, which made it even worse. Bar cleared out in 20 seconds, not kidding either, completely emptied out with people in the parking lot taking off their jerseys and just leaving them there. How I managed not to break my phone, I have no idea. [censored]!!!

They BLOCKED THE [censored] KICK...I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE IT, jesus christ!!!

a;lksdjf;dasjlfsadl/f;jkals dfewi iowae4o i;rejf ka;sdl mfsefsadklm fdsk;lajmklfeaw.,fdnad.oie;jh feaiw ohjnfoi4ew ioa ;kldsnf akldsn f.dsam,f n.mad,sf mdsfn.am,dsnfm,ds.,

Hopefully Western Michigan can upset West Virgina...maybe?

Go broncos
[censored] loyd
gg UofM
Contrats to App state tho, sick win...fackers.

rant over.

Case Closed 09-01-2007 04:33 PM

I go to a school that plays teams every year for a paycheck for a loss. It sucks and it makes me feel bad. Every year we play some random elite school, they send us a check and we get humbled early on. It's the way things go in college football. These small schools come in and allow the elites to trounce us yearly so we can pay for girls softball or something. Today App state took down Michigan and I feel like my pain of those early season losses are vindicated in a way.

Thank you App State, you made my day. It's a turning tide, no longer will those elitist schools look over us, no longer will we be nothing more than a pre-season practice game to evaluate your talent.

Have fun in some random garbage bowl michigan.

Franchise 60 09-01-2007 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Sigh.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I was referring to the fact that according to BCS Strength of Schedule formulas ASU is higher than Vanderbilt.

Not taking a swipe at the SEC, I live in Tennessee FFS. I was just strictly referring to the SoS from last year.

HUGE props to ASU, I knew this would be a tougher game than normal but I certainly wasn't expecting this. gg.

[/ QUOTE ]

K I got ya, misunderstood where you were comming from.

dawade 09-01-2007 04:34 PM

Lloyd Carr live on ESPNNews.

dawade 09-01-2007 04:35 PM

I go to Middle Tennessee State btw, so I know how it feels to play "payday" games.

We play Louisville and LSU in the next two weeks.

MyTurn2Raise 09-01-2007 04:37 PM

Juice Williams just got blown up

goodbye season

Needle77 09-01-2007 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The App schedule for grins. Lenoir-Rhyne up next.

September 1 at No. 5 Michigan W 34-32 1-0 (0-0) Big Ten Network
September 8 Lenoir-Rhyne 3:30 PM ET Tickets
September 15 Northern Arizona 3:30 PM ET Tickets
September 22 at Wofford 3:00 PM ET Tickets
September 29 at Elon 1:30 PM ET Tickets
October 6 Gardner-Webb 2:30 PM ET Tickets
October 20 Georgia Southern 3:30 PM ET Tickets
October 27 at Furman 3:00 PM ET Tickets
November 3 at Citadel 2:00 PM ET Tickets
November 10 Western Carolina 3:30 PM ET Tickets
November 17 Chattanooga 3:30 PM ET Tickets

[/ QUOTE ]

App State the 2-time defending I-AA/FCS Champions had a helluva time trying to schedule opponents this year. NO ONE WANTS TO PLAY THEM, hence Lenoir-Rhyne.

After today, they might not be able to schedule a I-A payday for years.

[/ QUOTE ]

App State scheduled Mars Hill 2 years ago before their monster surge. I should know, I was on the team that got destroyed by App State that day. They like playing the in-state D2 schools. L-R is just the team that they scheduled this year. Western Carolina does the same thing. BTW, the SAC-8 also had a nice upset win, Carson-Newman took out a 1AA team. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Gregatron 09-01-2007 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I totally misunderstood. Sorry dude. Was not trying to be a jerk.

ASU does deserve a LOT credit.

dawade 09-01-2007 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

goodbye season

[/ QUOTE ]

What happened?

TruFloridaGator 09-01-2007 04:44 PM

lol, Illini.

ajmargarine 09-01-2007 04:44 PM

2Q score: Nevada 10 Nebraska 7

INT returned for TD. Should have never gotten rid of the option!

MyTurn2Raise 09-01-2007 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

goodbye season

[/ QUOTE ]

What happened?

[/ QUOTE ]

helmut to helmut

TruFloridaGator 09-01-2007 04:45 PM

Damn, no one has it easy today except the Gators. We didn't even have to play the whole game.

Needle77 09-01-2007 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Damn, no one has it easy today except the Gators. We didn't even have to play the whole game.

[/ QUOTE ]

What was that about? I just kept seeing delay.

TruFloridaGator 09-01-2007 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What was that about? I just kept seeing delay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Game called due to lightning with like 8 mins left in the game. I left with about 11 minutes left, what a great decision [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

MyTurn2Raise 09-01-2007 04:47 PM

I think Gary Pinkel is retarded

RunDownHouse 09-01-2007 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I go to a school that plays teams every year for a paycheck for a loss. It sucks and it makes me feel bad. Every year we play some random elite school, they send us a check and we get humbled early on. It's the way things go in college football. These small schools come in and allow the elites to trounce us yearly so we can pay for girls softball or something. Today App state took down Michigan and I feel like my pain of those early season losses are vindicated in a way.

Thank you App State, you made my day. It's a turning tide, no longer will those elitist schools look over us, no longer will we be nothing more than a pre-season practice game to evaluate your talent.

Have fun in some random garbage bowl michigan.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll bet BC thought they were getting a cakewalk when they scheduled WF a few years back. Whoops!

TruFloridaGator 09-01-2007 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think Gary Pinkel is retarded

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty much.

Also, any player Ron Zook coaches is prone to 14 point swing plays. LDO

TruFloridaGator 09-01-2007 04:50 PM

BC has battled back, sick INT there if they count it.

Needle77 09-01-2007 04:51 PM

Ah, so Western Kentucky just ran off the field when they heard lightning, got on the buses and just went to the airport real quick is what you are trying to say, right?

Zimmer4141 09-01-2007 04:55 PM

Wow... Just wow.

I don't get why Michigan scheduled this game. No matter what, the Appalachian State game is a no-win situation. There are about 40 D1-A Teams that App. St. would be favored over, but because they are a D1-AA team it's a crushing upset for Michigan.

Well played by Appalachian State, they are a good football team and deserve credit for the win. Goodbye LLLLLoyd, hopefully this program can recover after this.

wh1t3bread 09-01-2007 04:58 PM

Was the thinking that: we need to chedule a I-AA team, so let's schedule the best one. That'll help our BCS Strength of Schedule?

Needle77 09-01-2007 04:59 PM

G Tech looks good early. Guess they want to make up for that 14-10 game last season.

Franchise 60 09-01-2007 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
G Tech looks good early. Guess they want to make up for that 14-10 game last season.

[/ QUOTE ]

ND needs to take Jones out. You can't only throw the ball twice in a half against a defense this good.

ThaSaltCracka 09-01-2007 05:11 PM

the ND-GT game is atrocious. ND playing like [censored], Jones you [censored] suck. Dumb penalties and turnovers. Horrible game.

Needle77 09-01-2007 05:13 PM

Sharpley is warming up. Talk about a shot at a team, not even a first half into a season and already considering a QB change.

Yuck on that pass. I though Reggie Ball was gone?

MyTurn2Raise 09-01-2007 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

G Tech dominated last year too

weird set of circumstances for ND to get that win

Needle77 09-01-2007 05:19 PM

Sharpley in. Rut Roh

JackWhite 09-01-2007 05:34 PM

In a few weeks the UM-ND game should be interesting. ND's offense against UM's defense in a battle to determine who is worse. As bad as Michigan's D is, I have to say ND's offense is worse. This is ugly as sin.

MyTurn2Raise 09-01-2007 05:42 PM

some nice plays by Mendenhall...at least something has gone right

-3 turnovers, including a definite 14 point turnaround are tough to overcome [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Gregatron 09-01-2007 05:47 PM

Wow, that Mendenhall cat is good. That was an impressive run.

Needle77 09-01-2007 06:02 PM

Wazzou might be making a game out of this in Wisconsin.