Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Software (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   PokerTracker: The Next Generation (NEW SOFTWARE DISCUSSION) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=445605)

craig1120 09-19-2007 01:35 AM

Re: PokerTracker: The Next Generation (NEW SOFTWARE DISCUSSION)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It would be nice if we could display vpip% pfr% and other stats based on the players position at the table. I've got 1000 hands on some people but I know their percentages vary based on where they are relative to the button.

sorry if this has been suggested there was way too much whining to wade through it all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Done [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-AP10

[/ QUOTE ]
This is what I am wanting as well. Not only the ability to filter by position but also by position versus another position.

For example, it's nice knowing that a certain player 3bets from the SB 10% of the time, but I want to know his SB 3bet % facing an UTG raise vs a button raise. Basically I want a very powerful filtering system where I can filter just about any situation possible.

StructureK 09-21-2007 06:42 AM

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I would like to see better tournament support. An option to calculate rebuys and also a place to add and see more information about about the actual tournament itslef. (ie. million gtd./satellite/rebuy/prizepool/ect.)

DJSHAD0W 09-21-2007 06:03 PM

When is this going to be released?
(Especially the 3-bet, call 3-bet, 4 bet stuff stats in PA-Hud!!)

Self Made 09-21-2007 08:30 PM

I'd like to be able to read and edit notes on players either while playing or when reviewing my hands later. The same notes. At least some poker apps store player notes locally, so PT could edit them. Or just make PT notes visible in the HUD and I'll stop using the poker apps' notes totally. The latter would probably be better actually.

DJSHAD0W 09-21-2007 10:57 PM

No sure ifthis has been brought up already.....it would be nice ifthe pahud stats would be displayed in the replay window in PT (maybe this is already possible and I just havent figured out how to do it??)

APerfect10 09-22-2007 05:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know this thread is getting long...we are on schedule for what I previously mentioned. Private alpha testing beginning of November, public beta mid/end November and final release sometime in December.

Best regards,

APerfect10

APerfect10 09-22-2007 05:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to be able to read and edit notes on players either while playing or when reviewing my hands later. The same notes. At least some poker apps store player notes locally, so PT could edit them. Or just make PT notes visible in the HUD and I'll stop using the poker apps' notes totally. The latter would probably be better actually.

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the nicest features of PokerTracker 3 will be the note taking system. It will be everything you described and a little more. I fully expect that you will no longer need a third party app for note taking [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Best regards,

APerfect10

APerfect10 09-22-2007 05:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No sure ifthis has been brought up already.....it would be nice ifthe pahud stats would be displayed in the replay window in PT (maybe this is already possible and I just havent figured out how to do it??)

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a definite. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-AP10

choccypie 09-22-2007 09:58 AM

Woot can't wait for this to come out!

Will there be a feature to drag stats around when you're sitting at a table rather than fiddle about with the layout beforehand, as is currently the case with PA?

And don't suppose you can give us 2p2ers a special beta preview or something? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

APerfect10 09-22-2007 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Will there be a feature to drag stats around when you're sitting at a table rather than fiddle about with the layout beforehand, as is currently the case with PA?

[/ QUOTE ]

I see too many potential problems with this such as accidentally dragging a stat on one of your tables then wondering what happened. I doubt this will be changed. It would take a pretty big overhaul of PAH which is not our immediate goal. Our immediate goal is to overhaul PT and make PT+PAH more efficient.

[ QUOTE ]
And don't suppose you can give us 2p2ers a special beta preview or something? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

We will be having a private alpha testing and I would suspect most people invited to participate will be 2+2 members. I will probably go through and invite those users who have given the most feedback, etc to ensure we get active testers.

-AP10

HelixTrix 09-22-2007 12:20 PM

I'm late spotting this thread but ability to import PO database would be good please.

JimmytheGeek 09-22-2007 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I see too many potential problems with this such as accidentally dragging a stat on one of your tables then wondering what happened. I doubt this will be changed. It would take a pretty big overhaul of PAH which is not our immediate goal. Our immediate goal is to overhaul PT and make PT+PAH more efficient.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you aware that the PAHud competition (RealTime) has this feature? I haven't tried it, however, my brother uses it under VirtualPC on a Mac, since PA doesn't work there. You have to right click a stat to move it, so it is difficult to move one accidently. It sure would be nice to have. Maybe in PAHud2? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

PokerAce 09-22-2007 06:52 PM

I have some ideas on improving the HUD that, if I can pull it off, will be much better and easier to use than anything else out there. Of course, the HUD will be coming later. Initially, PA Hud will be modified to work with the PT3 database, but will not be able to take advantage of all the new features.

SukitTrebek 09-23-2007 01:22 PM

very much looking forward to pt3.

-the ability to replay tons of specific situations postflop with stats will be incredible. please add every conceivable attribute to the filter and let us make up all kinds of crazy custom filters. as they evolve and get posted on 2p2, you can then push popular filters to everyone's machines via updates.

-a random filter i'd like to see is where i put >10bb into the pot and replay the hands WITHOUT being sorted by winning or losing hands. it's hard to stay impartial reviewing a flop decision if i know i'm going to lose the hand.

-have the ability to see win/loss summaries for a selection of filters (including the number of instances). thus everyone can compare with 2p2 posts like:
flop bottom set +12.6bb (156 instances)
flop two overcards -7.2bb (1,143 instances)
turn flush draw +2.3bb (76 instances)

-add call % to pahud. yes agg frequency works much better than agg factor, but i look forward to going the final step and just use raise%, bet%, and call%.

-have ability to easily browse in pahud to a db on another computer.

-it would be nice to have the pahud in the replayer show the stats that existed AT THAT MOMENT. thus if you play a whole session with someone who is a lagfish but folded an overpair to them on their tenth hand at the table, you won't get mislead in reviewing by having more info than you had at the time.

-i'd like to see my all-time pahud stats, this will be especially important as new and custom stats get created. when we add random new ones like "3bets from sb" and see that someone has a value of 57, is that high or low? when i go in and see that mine is 28 over 400k hands, now i can figure out a good range for that stat.

-have ability to add live results easily so that pt is accurate record of all play.

-trebek

rothko 09-25-2007 08:23 PM

will current pt users get a free upgrade?

i already have pt, but my friend is going to get it and i'm wondering if he should wait for the beta.

(couldn't find this answered in the beginning of the thread.)

_dave_ 09-25-2007 08:48 PM

Hi SukitTrebek,

[ QUOTE ]
very much looking forward to pt3.

-the ability to replay tons of specific situations postflop with stats will be incredible. please add every conceivable attribute to the filter and let us make up all kinds of crazy custom filters. as they evolve and get posted on 2p2, you can then push popular filters to everyone's machines via updates.

-a random filter i'd like to see is where i put >10bb into the pot and replay the hands WITHOUT being sorted by winning or losing hands. it's hard to stay impartial reviewing a flop decision if i know i'm going to lose the hand.

-have the ability to see win/loss summaries for a selection of filters (including the number of instances). thus everyone can compare with 2p2 posts like:
flop bottom set +12.6bb (156 instances)
flop two overcards -7.2bb (1,143 instances)
turn flush draw +2.3bb (76 instances)

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you tried Phil's PokerEV? It does most of these (very useful) filters already - And I hope he will continue to evolve his product to work with PT3, as I'm sure he will.

PokerAce 09-25-2007 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
will current pt users get a free upgrade?

i already have pt, but my friend is going to get it and i'm wondering if he should wait for the beta.

(couldn't find this answered in the beginning of the thread.)

[/ QUOTE ]

As mentioned earlier in this thread, the upgrade pricing will be tiered (the more recently you purchased PT, the cheaper your upgrade cost). Free upgrades will only come to those who purchase close to the initial release of PT3 (we can't give exact information as all of this hasn't been decided yet).

SukitTrebek 09-25-2007 11:58 PM

dave,
tytytytytyty. i had no idea that program could do all of that. i thought it just made graphs for people to whine about how unlucky they are. this will def help hold me over until pt3 comes out.

one thing i hope is different in pt is for the totals/averages for each filter be calculated and presented all at once. rather than setup a filter, see the value, backout, and set a different filter.

seeing them all at once will be particularly helpful with coaching as i could then take 50 filters run them all for my hands, print it out, run them all for someone i'm teaching, and immediately see where their potential leaks are.

gieffe 09-27-2007 03:52 AM

any news on the release date?

PokerAce 09-27-2007 09:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know this thread is getting long...we are on schedule for what I previously mentioned. Private alpha testing beginning of November, public beta mid/end November and final release sometime in December.

Best regards,

APerfect10

[/ QUOTE ]

orentha 09-27-2007 05:17 PM

I'd be interested in helping alpha test it if u need
i know i haven't contributed to this thread really, but i've read every post, and keep up with it daily.

PMR 09-27-2007 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm late spotting this thread but ability to import PO database would be good please.

[/ QUOTE ]
I second this. The only way I will switch to PokerTracker is if I can import my PokerOffice database.

SteveReno 09-27-2007 06:27 PM

I am an old lurker, new poster. I registered specifically because I think PT is a great program and would like to add some of my own suggestions. I have read most of these posts, and so I will try not to repeat suggestions. In no particular order:

1. Speed used to be my biggest gripe. But since buying a new computer recently, this has really improved. Still, speed is important.
2. I would like to be able to keep a note continuously open for a given (or multiple) player. (I don't use PAHUD, so maybe this is already possible.) Ability to eposition the note would be useful.
3. I would like to be able to use a prefered seat, with the HUD stats moving with my seat change.
4. I would like to bin hands a selectable amount, then plot the binned data vs time. For example, plot $won for each 9-hand orbit vs. time. Then, I would like the mean and SD for this plot.
5. I would like to be able to check a box for each hand that turns it off for the purpose of replaying a session. Thus, a session replay would only include the hands I selected.
6. Similar to above, I would like to check a box to indicate that the hand is a 'hand of note'. Replaying a session could be set to replay only these hands.
7. I would like to be able to select a hand to move to selectable 'playlist'. For example, hands I have doubts about could be saved (duplicated?) in my 'Questionable Plays' playlist. This would help me review hands I believe will improve my game.
8. I don't like the way some table stats are weighted. In my current HUD (not PAHUD) the averages are hand-weighted, so if one player has played a large number of hands, the table averages are skewed. I would like to choose how each stat is weighted.
9. I would like a stat that shows how often a player CBets, his success rate, and CB rate vs number of player he CBets into.
10. Datamining when not playing would be nice, if it doesn't conflict with the pokersite rules.
11. I understand that providing certain information during the play of a hand could be considered unfair or against the rules of some sites. However, it would be great if this information could be displayed during the replay of hands, as a training tool, without having to type the information into a 3rd party program. Knowing my pot equity, my opponents' hand ranges, etc., could be really valuable as a training aid.
12. I would like to be able to manually enter rakeback adjustments and live action summaries.
13. Bad Beat jackpot donations should be included.

Sorry for the long post.

_dave_ 09-27-2007 07:12 PM

I'm pretty sure this has not been mentioned yet. A recent thread in SSNL reminded me of this issue.

Please fix the SD/100 stat, or keep it (change the name to "Session SD/100" or something) and add an alternative "hand SD/100".

I believe current SD/100 stat is erroneously used in many varience calculations, although I am in no way knowledgeable enough in this field to know what I am talking about [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

So here is a link to the thread explaining the problem better than I.

The problem, and a potential solution (Pokey = awesome):
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rue#Post8460787

Many thanks,

dave.

Tooty816 09-27-2007 07:36 PM

Here's a feature suggestion:

I'm constantly datamining party. While I'm datamining, I also like to study the hands I've collected by looking at the games tab for the big players and hitting "get all" and study their biggest pots. However, whenever the importer kicks in each minute, the games tab resets, so to speak, and I no longer have all of their hands in the window. I would then have to hit "get all" again to see the full list of the hands they've played. This gets very annoying when you want to view every big pot they've played. Can you please make it so that the importer can update the hands you view, but not reset your viewing settings?

_dave_ 09-27-2007 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

While I'm datamining, I also like to study the hands I've collected by looking at the games tab for the big players and hitting "get all" and study their biggest pots

[/ QUOTE ]

Try HalvSame's Big Pot Grabber?

miyake 09-27-2007 08:16 PM

Dave i think he means when he is in pokertracker looking at someone elses stats and all their hands in his DB when the PT import kicks in, it reverts back to the last 100 recently hands played and a certain hand he might be going over isnt in his last 100 hands

its the same for when im viewing the summary tab, ie biggest winners and losers/ or most hands etc for that month the PT import [censored] it up and sorts it back to its defult and not the way i wanted it listed

_dave_ 09-27-2007 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dave i think he means when he is in pokertracker looking at someone elses stats and all their hands in his DB when the PT import kicks in, it reverts back to the last 100 recently hands played and a certain hand he might be going over isnt in his last 100 hands

its the same for when im viewing the summary tab, ie biggest winners and losers/ or most hands etc for that month the PT import [censored] it up and sorts it back to its defult and not the way i wanted it listed

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah I know what he was referring to - auto-import triggers a refresh of the table, a right pain if you are using PT itself to study the data.

Was just a suggestion of a method to study the recently mined hands while import is going on, in the interim before PT3 is out.

Obviously with an import going every 1min, you are not going to get much time to check out the interesting hands.

Another (probably much more practical) alternative would be to stop the auto-import timer, then click "force-import" once you are done looking at the interesting hands from the last import, I suppose [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

dave.

Ryanj37 09-28-2007 06:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I second this. The only way I will switch to PokerTracker is if I can import my PokerOffice database.

[/ QUOTE ]

It can be done its just difficult and time consuming.

APerfect10 09-28-2007 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This will no longer be an issue. I can verify this has already been fixed [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Best regards,

APerfect10

APerfect10 09-28-2007 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It can be done its just difficult and time consuming.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since we will be supporting Mac's, we will more then likely implement this conversion...

Best regards,

APerfect10

fretelöo 10-02-2007 11:33 AM

Post from 8/16/07

[ QUOTE ]
Progress is being made very quickly. Much faster than I had anticipated.

I don't want to give too much away right now, as it would give advantages to our competition. Once we get a little bit further along, we'll be posting screenshots and videos showing just how nice PT3 is going to be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well??? [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

APerfect10 10-02-2007 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Post from 8/16/07

[ QUOTE ]
Progress is being made very quickly. Much faster than I had anticipated.

I don't want to give too much away right now, as it would give advantages to our competition. Once we get a little bit further along, we'll be posting screenshots and videos showing just how nice PT3 is going to be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well??? [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Patience [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] We do not want to spoil it just yet...

-AP10

Vinny80 10-02-2007 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Patience [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] We do not want to spoil it just yet...

-AP10

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on, just a teaser!!

Toasta 10-02-2007 07:26 PM

will there be any plugin interface / api ?

rine 10-02-2007 08:48 PM

omg cmon. I'm drunk and wanna see somepiiiiiiiiiiics.

ICMoney 10-03-2007 01:42 AM

I haven't see HM be able to do this but it would be nice if there is a way to calculate a fold% to PSB% ratio?

For example, player folds 25% to a 1/2 psb but 90% to a 4/5 psb on river.

NL Newbie 10-03-2007 01:48 AM

sounds good, can you make it so it can Import one directory of HH's to 1 dB(Mined database) and the played ones to a real DB? that'd be sweet but also beable to query the other DB to get reads for the hand history player [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

topspinner 10-03-2007 07:28 AM

I brought this up earlier in this thread and didn't see a response. It would really be nice to see each players action in the hud (check,raise, reraise), if you are multi tabling it is difficult to remember what each players action has been to that point.

dariush 10-03-2007 08:18 AM

In another thread someone posted this :

"HUDS should/must evolve to display dynamic stats - take VPIP for example. Do you REALLY care that randomplayer has a 29% vpip - no, you want to know about the current situation - say, hero is in the big blind and randomplayer is on the button - the hud should/must evolve to display that he raises 70% of the time in that spot. The hud should adapt to the current situation for example, randomplayer raises 75% against "bigblindfolder", but only 65% against someone with hero's stats. "

Could this be implemented in the new PT?