Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Software (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   New Software: Holdem Manager (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=435845)

saab9000 07-16-2007 03:42 AM

Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly the same here

[/ QUOTE ]

Same HHs on another computer imported OK

TheProdigy 07-16-2007 03:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
is there anyway to check if we have postgres or not on our system?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey,

If you go to Start-Programs you should have PostrgeSQL 8.x as one of the folders there.

Another way is to go to Control Panel - Add or remove programs - and look for Postgresql

I'm sure there are more advanced ways, but this should work [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Josem 07-16-2007 03:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Finished my import. This is so sick. How do I use all this info though?

[/ QUOTE ]

Click on Reports tab. Play around with that.

Click on Players tab. Play around with that.

Click on .... tab. Play around with that.

rvg72 07-16-2007 03:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly the same here

[/ QUOTE ]

Same HHs on another computer imported OK

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, thanks for confirming because the hand histories that I received worked fine for me. Are regional settings different between the two computers? Anything else you can think of?

Thanks,

Roy

lying_awake 07-16-2007 03:54 AM

I'm having the same problem with FTP HHs, strange

saab9000 07-16-2007 03:55 AM

The only difference in regional settings is "Location" tab in lower part on Reg.settings window but i don't think it does matter. Reinstalled/upgraded Postgres from 8->8.2 no effect. Bad computer have Ptracker installed, but "good one" not.

rvg72 07-16-2007 03:56 AM

Version 0.11b

Full Setup Holdem Manager Full Setup

Update Patch for people who already downloaded it Holdem Manager Patch
Unzip the HoldemManager.exe into your program files\rvg software\holdem manager folder (make sure HM is not running at the time)

July 15th - 0.11b
* Fixed importing issue with Stars tourneys where the level had an ante
* Fixed importing issue with Stars tourneys where the blinds or ante put a player all-in
* Fixed importing issue with some Stars tourneys that were exported from Poker Tracker due to PT altering the hand history
* Fixed importing issue with Stars when the Hero has a space in his name
* Fixed issue with Stars Limit Poker being recorded as No Limit
* Fixed issue with a datamining app putting in extra spaces in the blind size for cash games ($ 2/$ 4 instead of $2/$4)
* Delete alias button now works
* Changed the "Run Report" button text on each of the tabs to make it more applicable
* Made the Income tab invisible until there is something in it to show

I'm going to bed now - it's been a long day! Hopefully by Wednesday or Thursday most of the initial bugs are gone and I can jump back into building cool stuff but until then I'll focused on bug killing!

rvg

rvg72 07-16-2007 03:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The only difference in regional settings is "Location" tab in lower part on Reg.settings window but i don't think it does matter. Reinstalled/upgraded Postgres from 8->8.2 no effect. Bad computer have Ptracker installed, but "good one" not.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, well I have to add some more logging to the whole import process anyways so I'll probably work on getting that in tomorow and hopefully that leads to us to the problem.

rvg

xxThe_Lebowskixx 07-16-2007 04:24 AM

when i try to instal postgres i get

"this instillation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify this is a valid Windows Installer package."

xxThe_Lebowskixx 07-16-2007 04:31 AM

nevermind i forgot to unzip.

stevoL 07-16-2007 05:49 AM

I get an error saying postgres needs to be installed on NTFS or something like that?

or else i can do something manually using initdb.exe, pls help lol!

fwiw im running windows on a macbook pro, that shouldnt change anything right?

xxThe_Lebowskixx 07-16-2007 06:42 AM

is there anyway to export hand histories from poker tracker to load into HEM?

xxThe_Lebowskixx 07-16-2007 06:45 AM

i wouldnt worry about making all-in analysis. the program phils introduced is pretty effective for it, and i think people are going to get bored with that feature very fast. they think its going to show them that they are running horrible, but really its just going to show them how they are doing AFTER the money goes in, which is probably going to be v close to even long term.

HighSteaks 07-16-2007 06:48 AM

You have to put them into text files using "export hand histories to file" in "utilities". He said in a couple of days you will be able to import them straight there.

advis0r 07-16-2007 06:58 AM

i just imported 42k pokerstars hands in 23 minutes with 29.9h/s with 99 import errors. looks good [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

please add the option when choosing which folder to import to paste the directory directly i.e. "F:\hhs\pokerstars\new" (and not browse via gui first, coz the window is so small and it takes too long)

rosso87 07-16-2007 07:34 AM

another inquiry, i have mysql for pokeroffice is installing postgreSQL going to affect mysql?

advis0r 07-16-2007 07:35 AM

after i created my hero alias, is there a way to filter by pokersite?

czGLoRy 07-16-2007 07:43 AM

is there a way to look at individual hands by sessions on the session tab? Also, nothing shows up on the "income" tab. IS this normal?

rosso87 07-16-2007 07:57 AM

well looking good, importing now so far running smooth.

if you get this think supporting alot of the sites i was telling you about looks like theres finally going to be some competition for pokeroffice/pokertracker.

althought this is more closely similar to pokeroffice since they both come with huds and dont require 3rd party addons for it.

cant wait!

edit:
one little thing im concerned about, in taskmanager i have like 9 postgress.exe tasks running :S

wtf

import done but im missing about 2k hands from nl 50/1 for some reason :S

bos1 07-16-2007 08:13 AM

Hand importing does not work under german regional setting.
Maybe you can fix this or change to US setting automatically, like pokertracker.

Emwi 07-16-2007 08:19 AM

Does it support PRIMA?

donkraft 07-16-2007 09:52 AM

Installed it, ran it, imported 25000 hands from party at 32hands/sec - troublefree.

I am still trying to figure out, how to look at my stats, but I'll get there... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

This is first beta, please try to keep that in mind, people.

Emwi 07-16-2007 10:06 AM

Installed it now.. Its doing 20H/S on an old Armada M700.

Thats killing poker tracker!

No problem with stars at all.

Just too bad prima wasnt one of the test sites since its where i play the most right now..

Looks awsome

derosnec 07-16-2007 10:07 AM

i really like the 3bet filter. looking at my opponents with over 300 hands each, i am seeing some interesting 3bet stats (a few of them have a 3bet % of over 10%).

overall, everything works fine so far (haven't used all the features yet though). a little slower than i thought it would be though.

edit: lol, my fold to flop c-bet % over my last 50k hands is only 44%

matt42s 07-16-2007 10:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

edit:
one little thing im concerned about, in taskmanager i have like 9 postgress.exe tasks running :S

[/ QUOTE ]

This is perfectly normal for postgres. (assuming the double s is a typo - if you really have a process named postgress.exe - be very afraid)

PS - whats the over/under on how long your avatar will last?

Emwi 07-16-2007 10:34 AM

Hmm I have v0.11B

When importing from my pokerstars folder, it imported all sngs without any problems. But my Cash game Micro limit games were all errors.

Result: didnt get any data at all.

Will look through whats written and see if im doing something wrong.

If u wanna contact me: zoddan5@hotmail.com

fozzy71 07-16-2007 10:48 AM

I installed SQL last night in expectation of this software. First reboot after SQL took 5-10 minutes. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Just got up and rebooted my pc again - another 5-10 minute reboot. WTF. It used to take 1-2 minutes at most.

I am uninstalling SQL and any trace of this application.

If my computer doesnt start rebooting like it did 2 days ago I am gonna be upset.

************************************************** *************************************************
*Edit - Uninstalled HM Beta and SQL, now my machine reboots properly.

Pretty sure I will never bother with SQL or this App again.

kotkis 07-16-2007 11:09 AM

This program is scary good, but there are a few features I'd like to see missing (perhaps they've already been mentioned but I don't want to go through the entire thread):

- "Went all-in" filter for each street.

- For every data-sheet (Reports/Sessions/Players) to contain a "Total" or "Avarage" field at the bottom of the page, so I could for example compare my own 3-betting stats to the avarage of the Top 100 winners.

Toasta 07-16-2007 11:14 AM

when the import is finished and i click on the report tab i get this :

http://www.doomswitched.com/holdemmanager.png

Emwi 07-16-2007 11:34 AM

And here is a pic of my pokerstars import problem:

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/9...rrorvw1.th.png

rvg72 07-16-2007 11:36 AM

ok, lots of questions - I'll try to get them all answered here:

[ QUOTE ]
I get an error saying postgres needs to be installed on NTFS or something like that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Normally PostgreSQL needs to be installed on an NTFS but your probably have your hard drive setup as FAT32. I'll need a bit of time to figure out the work around - if anyone else knows then please jump in.

[ QUOTE ]
i wouldnt worry about making all-in analysis. the program phils introduced is pretty effective for it

[/ QUOTE ]

Basic all-in analysis will be included because 1) it will help give you a more accurate winrate in a shorter period of time and 2) you will be able to filter for hands where you were a 40% (for example) or worse dog on the flop when all the money went in.

[ QUOTE ]
please add the option when choosing which folder to import to paste the directory directly i.e. "F:\hhs\pokerstars\new"

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll add this during the beta

[ QUOTE ]
another inquiry, i have mysql for pokeroffice is installing postgreSQL going to affect mysql?

[/ QUOTE ]

Installing Postgres really should not affect MySQL.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you let me know what you mean by this - are you talking about when you are searching for players to add to the alias?

[ QUOTE ]
is there a way to look at individual hands by sessions on the session tab? Also, nothing shows up on the "income" tab. IS this normal?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes but not quite yet and the Income tab is not ready yet. In the 0.11b update I released last night I hid the tab to avoid confusion.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh... Let me look into that. it might just be the way that Postgres spawns processes or it could be a problem - not 100% sure yet. OK, thanks matt - seems to be normal.

[ QUOTE ]
import done but im missing about 2k hands from nl 50/1 for some reason :S

[/ QUOTE ]

Still working on the whole import process - some hands are skipped, some are flagged as errors, some are marked as duplicate etc but each update should get closer and closer to 100% import accuracy.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand importing does not work under german regional setting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for letting me know. I plan on making HM run under whatever regional settings you have but I haven't worked out all of the details yet.

[ QUOTE ]
Does it support PRIMA?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not yet - only Party, Stars and Full Tilt right now. Once most of the bugs are out and the other functionality is coming together I will begin knocking off a bunch of other sites but this won't be for at least a couple weeks if not longer.

[ QUOTE ]
overall, everything works fine so far (haven't used all the features yet though). a little slower than i thought it would be though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doing a vacuum analyze on a few key tables increases speed dramatically once your DB gets big. I'll be posting more details about this but, for example, with a 10 million hand database the "Players" tab loaded about 30 times faster after doing a vacuum analyze on the CompiledResults and CompiledPlayerResults tables.

[ QUOTE ]
my Cash game Micro limit games were all errors.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please send one of tha hand history files to Tourneymgr@gmail.com

[ QUOTE ]
First reboot after SQL took 5-10 minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

weird... anyone postgreSQL experts have any comments? My reboot speeds haven't changed since installing PostgreSQL and i've done it on about 5 PC's.

[ QUOTE ]
"Went all-in" filter for each street.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought I had that in there in the More Filters tab - might have been an oversight since I am tracking this. It will be in the next update.

[ QUOTE ]
For every data-sheet (Reports/Sessions/Players) to contain a "Total" or "Avarage" field at the bottom

[/ QUOTE ]

That's coming

[ QUOTE ]

when the import is finished and i click on the report tab i get this <german error>

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you translate that tob section for me? Also, if you close and reload what happens? Same error?

I'm heading off to work soon - I'll be able to check back in from time to time then when I get home tonight it will be another all night code-fest [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

rvg

Flintoff 07-16-2007 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just tried the following:

Exported a bunch of stars hands from PT, about 19k
Unzipped some datamined hands from Party

Tried importing them both.
It scanned all files and imported 0 hands.

You want a screenshot?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure I already fixes the Poker Tracker Stars export problem and I'm working on what might be the same problem you found with Party.

If you could send me one hand history of each to Tourneymgr@gmail.com I could make sure that the fix is in.

Thanks,

rvg

[/ QUOTE ]

sent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok I just tried exporting full tilt hands and loading those, same result, officially cant load any of my hand histories :-(

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly the same here

[/ QUOTE ]

rvg72 07-16-2007 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just tried the following:

Exported a bunch of stars hands from PT, about 19k
Unzipped some datamined hands from Party

Tried importing them both.
It scanned all files and imported 0 hands.

You want a screenshot?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure I already fixes the Poker Tracker Stars export problem and I'm working on what might be the same problem you found with Party.

If you could send me one hand history of each to Tourneymgr@gmail.com I could make sure that the fix is in.

Thanks,

rvg

[/ QUOTE ]

sent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok I just tried exporting full tilt hands and loading those, same result, officially cant load any of my hand histories :-(

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly the same here

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll hopefully get to the bottom of this today. What I know for sure is that the hand history files themselves are ok since one of the people having this problem was able to take the same HH's to a different pc and it worked.

The new version I release tonight (0.12b) will have some additional logging to try and help figure this out.

Thanks,

rvg

kazana 07-16-2007 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

when the import is finished and i click on the report tab i get this <german error>

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you translate that tob section for me?

[/ QUOTE ]
It basically says:
"Unhandled exception in the application... blah blah.

InvalidArgument=Value of 0 is invalid for parameter SelectedIndex

Seems like you're defaulting to a selected index of 0 for some dropdown? That's throwing an out of range exception.

baronzeus 07-16-2007 12:40 PM

wow, this software looks EXCELLENT. can't wait to get home and install it.

rosso87 07-16-2007 12:57 PM

thanks for all the answers im liking the look of this program more and more.

Mr_Snood 07-16-2007 01:06 PM

I have added support for Holdem Manager to my tableselection software SpadeEye (Version 2.18):
http://www.spadeit.com/eyeindex.php

Currently not all stats are supported.
For example "Aggressionfactor" and "attention to Steal" is missing, but i guess most of you search their tables by VPIP, PFR and "Amount won"...

To add the Holdem Manager database into SpadeEye:
- Select "Holdem Manager" as Type
- Put "localhost" as Host
- The Database is "HoldemManagerBeta"
The other values depend on your PostgreSQL settings.

Oh and besides:
I guess scanning with the Holdem Manager database is pretty much faster then everything else before.

advis0r 07-16-2007 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you let me know what you mean by this - are you talking about when you are searching for players to add to the alias?

[/ QUOTE ]

what i mean is this: i created an alias called hero and added my screenname on stars and party and fulltilt to it. no problem.

now that i select Hero as Player, is there any way to filter both the stars and party hands but without the fulltilt hands? -> is there a way to filter by pokersite other than using the original screennames?

runstop 07-16-2007 01:07 PM

I just successfully ran it at work connecting to postgres on my linux box through a ssh proxy.. It was slow importing (like 0.4 hands/second [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]), but the 200 or so i imported from FT worked fine! This is awesome.. With the addition of a HUD it'll be my full time software.

great work so far, rvg!

runstop

tpa 07-16-2007 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Not yet - only Party, Stars and Full Tilt right now. Once most of the bugs are out and the other functionality is coming together I will begin knocking off a bunch of other sites but this won't be for at least a couple weeks if not longer.
rvg

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh no! Worst news ever [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] I'm desperatly waiting for iPoker support.

I imported ~25k hands from my first months of poker, when I was playing at Party and everything went very smoothly. Certainly a dead sexy piece of software. Thank you!

I compared the stats in HM with those in PT and there's is a slight difference in winnings ($258.30 in HM vs. $248.57 in PT) and quite a large difference in total rake produced ($250.18 in HM vs. $118.00 in PT).

I had more import errors with PT, so that's why there are a few dollars (and hands) missing there, but something seems to be seriously off for the rake calculation in either HM or PT [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]