Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   NBA Playoffs in-game thread (LIVE!!) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=402949)

Assani Fisher 05-16-2007 01:43 AM

Re: NBA Playoffs in-game thread (LIVE!!)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Who do you think is more likely to let their "bias" regarding this series impact their views, me or you?

[/ QUOTE ]

probably me. but i will readily admit i have a bias, whereas you wont. if you think that the T on barnes was correct or that the AK foul was actually a foul, youre not a neutral observer, unless you just thought it would be fun to troll me with those claims.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Barnes fouled a guy after the buzzer had sounded...thats a technical! You even admitted that he fouled him- now go back and watch if it happened before or aftewards.

I said above that the AK foul was a bad call- did you miss that post? In fact I posted twice about it being a bad foul- once to give my opinion and once to argue it with someone.

I'm really done arguing with you on whether or not I'm biased. Maybe you're right and I have some deep internal hate of GS that for some reason I don't even know about. But I swear to you that I don't think I dislike them at all. At this point, I'm not going to argue it anymore as theres nothing else I can say.

Assani Fisher 05-16-2007 01:44 AM

I can't fathom how you guys think GS would win more games than Houston next year.

I love how Utah is "barely" better than GS despite beating them in 5 games and being the #5 seed rather than the #8 seed.

Denver stands a very good chance of being better than GS next year.

BobboFitos 05-16-2007 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Warriors outplayed them in Game 2.

The last 2 games the warriors shot some terrible % in the low twenties. That's not who they are. They arent a 45% shooting team but they arent a 20% shooting team either.

1 more year for Biedrins and Monta to improve is definitely a giant plus for the warriors.

This series was a lot closer than the 4-1 shows. It easily can be 3-2 warriors right now. (let pietrus leave he cant make a freethrow to save his life)

Utah will improve but I dont think theyll improve as much as the warriors will

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree and disagree at the same time. My thoughts on the series:

All the games the jazz won (4-0) could have been won by the goldenstate. the one game GSW won (1-0) the jazz had no chance. However, in the 4 games the jazz won, the warriors made a lot of mistakes which prevented them from coming across. (Stupid fouls, stupid shots, stupid FT misses, etc.) It's tough though to say "if they didnt do that"... Yeah, if MJ wasnt so good, the Jazz would have 2 championships.

Anyway, just now Harrington was saying how he felt the GSW were out of gas; I think they were under so much pressure, it was inevitable they were going to finally regress to the mean with regard to their 3pt%.

Anyway, I think next year the Jazz are better, but obviously anything CAN happen in a 7 game series. but, if they somehow match up again, which would be sick, I'll still give the egde (and a sizable one, like winnin in 6) to the Jazz.

By-Tor 05-16-2007 01:46 AM

where are the thug comments from jackson? seems like a level headed interview

tdarko 05-16-2007 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Beating Utah by 24... Houston by 11... Detroit by 18.... Denver by 14...suns by 5... Wizards by 7.. etc

Come up with a real argument please.

[/ QUOTE ]

Utah had just clinched their playoff birth and played w/o any invested interest in the game from the tip off. Utah played this way for a week, they had lost to Portland, Sac, Seattle before them and then went on to lose to Denver and Pho--so they lost 6 of 7 after clinching their playoff birth.

The Houston loss is misleading, TMac played 6 minutes and was injured in that game. Houston goes on to lose to frickin' Portland the very next game. A good win sure, but w/ only Yao and a playoff spot secure why wouldn't GS win this game?

Detroit- good win. Detroit does this from time to time though, they lost to some very bad teams this year just look at some of the losses...Bucks for instance. Detroit has a habit of playing up to the competition and down as well. I am not necessarily implying playing GS is playing down, just saying that blowing them out doesn't mean much.

Suns by 5 is one of their best wins of the year.

Wizards? I guess if you get excited about beating a middle of the road east team then good for you. Not a good win if you want to gauge your team in the west simply b/c if you consider yourself a top 5 team then you SHOULD win this game.

Assani Fisher 05-16-2007 01:46 AM

Wow its amazing how good Stephen Jackson sounds in interviews

BobboFitos 05-16-2007 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he's a very good interviewer and v well spoken, imo. he just is a thug on the court. his indiana brawl rep prolly will never escape him

kidcolin 05-16-2007 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow its amazing how good Stephen Jackson sounds in interviews

[/ QUOTE ]

I like him a lot, but he's just got an incredibly short fuse on the court, and he goes off the deep-end quickly.

Clarkmeister 05-16-2007 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he's a very good interviewer and v well spoken, imo. he just is a thug on the and off court. his indiana brawl rep prolly will never escape him

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

Mr biggums 05-16-2007 01:49 AM

I said top 5 team in the west not in the league.

Warriors will finish ahead of Houston and Denver next year barring inuries( which I put at around 50% that Baron gets injured)

dontmesswithme 05-16-2007 01:50 AM

Give Nelly a beer already.

PITTM 05-16-2007 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't fathom how you guys think GS would win more games than Houston next year.

I love how Utah is "barely" better than GS despite beating them in 5 games and being the #5 seed rather than the #8 seed.

[/ QUOTE ]

as has been said a million times. Our team was terrible before the trade with the Pacers and we improved considerably and played much better afterwards. Bringing up our regular season record as a reason why other teams are better isnt really a valid line of logic imo.

we are a better team than Houston, i am fairly sure of it.

Assani Fisher 05-16-2007 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When the warriors are a top 5 seed I'll be laughing at how much you think you know.

[/ QUOTE ]

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

[/ QUOTE ]

Name 5 teams that are better in the west

[/ QUOTE ]
SA
Phoenix
Dallas
Houston
Utah
LA if they get Garnett
Denver if Martin comes back fully healthy

[/ QUOTE ]

Denver, period.

[/ QUOTE ]

PG: Davis/Blake
SG: Richardson/Iverson
SF: Jackson/Melo
PF: Harrington/Martin
C: Biedrins/Camby
Bench: Ellis and Pietrus/Smith, Nene, and Najera

The Warriors have an advantage at PG. Thats about it. Theres no way you can honestly look at the above and conclude that GS is better.

Clarkmeister 05-16-2007 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Warriors will finish ahead of Houston and Denver next year barring inuries( which I put at around 50% that Baron gets injured)

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, that's the point. He won't be.

OMG, the Heat will rule if Shaq and DWade are healthy all year!!!!!!

BobboFitos 05-16-2007 01:52 AM

BTW, during the warriors stretch run, I was at oracle for both the game vs the Jazz (with sick seats near court) and vs the Twolves (with meh meh seats). The crowd was FANTASTIC, but... The jazz game they got blown out early and unfortunately I got to see far too much of rafael araujo. The twolves game bc the A's opened vs the yankees, I got to miss the only quarter that meant anything, and then 3 quarters of ricky davis and 4 NBDLers.

I think down the stretch the warriors played amazing, their team is def better then OVERALL record indicates, and they drew a v nice matchup with the Mavs. I dont think their success was fluky, and I hope they make the playoffs again.

Assani Fisher 05-16-2007 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The only team that rested their starters were the Mavs. They would have beaten them at full strength which they showed anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

So walk over wins vs. the Mavs, Wizards, Portlandx2, Minnesotax2, Memphis. OMGZZ THEY WENT NUTS DOWN THE STRETCH!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

lol your main point completely ignores that we owned dallas in the playoffs. oh, i forgot that was lucky like everything else. what a fool.

[/ QUOTE ]

RJ,

The Warriors played very well down the stretch and were not a fluke at all. They should make the playoffs again next year if they can stay healthy. On any night they can beat any team in the league.

But please, I'm begging you....try to be less biased. Do a search for my username and "Wizards" or "Terps"...the Washington Wizards and Maryland Terps are my two favorite teams...yet you'll never see me showing extreme bias like you did here.

Fallen Hero 05-16-2007 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When the warriors are a top 5 seed I'll be laughing at how much you think you know.

[/ QUOTE ]

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
SA
Phoenix
Dallas
Houston
Utah
LA if they get Garnett

[/ QUOTE ]

Denver, period.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Warriors have an advantage at PG. Thats about it. Theres no way you can honestly look at the above and conclude that GS is better.

[/ QUOTE ]

? I said "Denver, period" meaning Denver is better with or without Martin.

Assani Fisher 05-16-2007 01:53 AM

Oh yeah, I forgot about the Hornets. If healthy they are also in the mix.

Paul
Peja
Dez Mason
West
Tyson

not a bad starting 5 at all

ThaSaltCracka 05-16-2007 01:54 AM

hey guys, the games are over today.

PITTM 05-16-2007 01:54 AM

Assani,

my main point here is that clarkmeiseter is being completely ridiculous with his "warriors were lucky" statement. i agree we didnt deserve to win this series and i will readily admit my bias here. But to say that we were lucky is just idiotic and shows a complete lack of basketball knowledge.

Mr biggums 05-16-2007 01:55 AM

He could end up being healthy. It's not a 100% guarantee that he gets injured.

Assani.. you underestimate Baron's edge at point guard. He manhandled Dallas and Utah was in foul trouble almost every game because they couldnt guard him. Biedrins has the potential to be on par with Camby on both ends of the floor. He is still very young.

People didn't get to see the real Monta Ellis in the playoffs. He is going to be a beast in this league and having him on the bench gives the Warriors the advantage over almost anyone in the bench category.

Assani Fisher 05-16-2007 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Care to bet on that?

Mr biggums 05-16-2007 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Assani,

my main point here is that clarkmeiseter is being completely ridiculous with his "warriors were lucky" statement. i agree we didnt deserve to win this series and i will readily admit my bias here. But to say that we were lucky is just idiotic and shows a complete lack of basketball knowledge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree.. We [censored] up bad this series. End of story. Refs didn't help but it was still our fault for sucking so bad in key situations.

Assani Fisher 05-16-2007 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
SA
Phoenix
Dallas
Houston
Utah
LA if they get Garnett

[/ QUOTE ]

Denver, period.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

? I said "Denver, period" meaning Denver is better with or without Martin.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry...wasn't directing that at you in general

Assani Fisher 05-16-2007 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Assani,

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, hes trolling. Ignore him.

Mr biggums 05-16-2007 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Care to bet on that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha I know better than to hope for an injury free year for the Warriors. It seems every year they have injury problems and it really is frustrating. Unfortunately it has a good chance of happening next year but hopefully it wont be severe.

kidcolin 05-16-2007 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you had to know this sorta thing would happen.

ThaSaltCracka 05-16-2007 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I know, but I am trying to force the issue. I posted some afterthoughts in the other thread.

All, please move your ramblings there.

BobboFitos 05-16-2007 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Care to bet on that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha I know better than to hope for an injury free year for the Warriors. It seems every year they have injury problems and it really is frustrating. Unfortunately it has a good chance of happening next year but hopefully it wont be severe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Injuries are part of the league, though. If Peja didnt go down, NO would've been in the playoffs, not the Warriors. (etc.)

M2d 05-16-2007 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I know, but I am trying to force the issue. I posted some afterthoughts in the other thread.

All, please move your ramblings there.

[/ QUOTE ]

the other thread is ridiculously long and unwieldy

thedarknight 05-16-2007 03:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

What are some off season improvements they can make?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cut Pietrus
Draft Tiago Splitter
Teach Monta to stop on a dime
Teach everyone on the team to learn to run the pick and roll with Biedrins that Baron does.

Probably some more, these are just off the top of my head.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tiago will go that low? that would be a great pick for GSW...get another defensive force next to Biedrins. I don't think they should cut Pietrus. He's still only 24 and will improve. He's extremely athletic and I saw he made a lot of great defensive plays against bigger players. He can't make a shot to save his life, and he makes some horrible decisions, but he does have some potential.

This team should only get stronger after going through this run. Probably go as high as a 6 seed. Don't think they have enough steely vets, say like a Spurs team, to take them in the elite. The Jazz do have that potential to be one of the top teams.

BobboFitos 05-16-2007 03:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think they should cut Pietrus.

[/ QUOTE ]
it's very likely another team will snatch Pietrus up this offseason.

dontmesswithme 05-16-2007 04:14 AM

Pietrus is a free agent and i will shove all in to Matt Barnes over Pietrus everyday and twice on Sunday.

NBAdraft.net has tiago going like 2 spots lower than us and us drafting acie (which i don't mind too much as we obviously need someone to be a pg which monta really isn't yet (any may never be). I've seen other mocks having him to the W's as well, mostly because of the cut and run he's pulled in the past. I think Nelly would love him though.

THEOSU 05-16-2007 09:33 PM

two notes:

1) larry hughes played probably the worst half of basketball i've seen anybody play this year.
2) the cavs are at home, right? because we haven't gotten a single call thus far. that flagrant foul call was awful. i mean, lord knows we're stinking up the joint (mostly thanks to hughes trying to shoot every time he has the ball despite not being able to make a single thing) but man, give us a call.

Victor 05-16-2007 09:49 PM

this is worst ive seen cavs play this year. lbj decided not to show up. never seen anyone play as bad a shughes. mb needs to have a shorter leash on hughes. gibson can play and was playing well.

looks like the beginning of a usual dry spell.

xorbie 05-16-2007 09:50 PM

cavs suck

Needle77 05-16-2007 09:55 PM

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] the Nets. Can't wait for game 6 in Jersey. Hold on Nets.

lapoker17 05-16-2007 10:09 PM

don't worry cleveland fans. i just donned my new lebrons and will be wearing them til games end. this is the type of thing, that from my experience, pretty much guarantees a comeback.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w...a/DSC00030.jpg

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w...a/DSC00031.jpg

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w...a/DSC00032.jpg

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w...a/DSC00033.jpg

Victor 05-16-2007 10:14 PM

nets are trying to give this game away but cavs refuse to accept it.

xorbie 05-16-2007 10:15 PM

lapoker,

maybe tell gooden not to shoot, ever.