Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   The Official NHL Playoffs Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=374287)

Tuco 04-16-2007 08:03 PM

Re: The Official NHL Playoffs Thread

[ QUOTE ]
User has been ignored
You are now ignoring this user. You will no longer see the body of any of their posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't believe it took me so long to dust him. I usually have a quicker trigger finger.

Tuco.

Triumph36 04-16-2007 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
User has been ignored
You are now ignoring this user. You will no longer see the body of any of their posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't believe it took me so long to dust him. I usually have a quicker trigger finger.

Tuco.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'll follow suit - please don't quote him in posts in this thread.

my first ignore - it only took 3 years.

g-bebe 04-16-2007 08:49 PM

Hawhaw...

Eaves is going to miss game 4 due to a "headache", according to ESPN.com. I just saw the hit, and I'd probably want to take a day off too. That was a trainwreck.

Zurvan 04-16-2007 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hawhaw...

Eaves is going to miss game 4 due to a "headache", according to ESPN.com. I just saw the hit, and I'd probably want to take a day off too. That was a trainwreck.

[/ QUOTE ]

They have to call it a "headache" and not a concussion, because concussions have rules about when they can come back. For good reason, too. They shouldn't be risking his health like this. Just ask Eric Lindros

Triumph36 04-16-2007 09:37 PM

so much for brodeur being the best goalie in the league - this is two series in a row where he has come up woefully short

g-bebe 04-16-2007 09:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so much for brodeur being the best goalie in the league - this is two series in a row where he has come up woefully short

[/ QUOTE ]

DonkeyKongSr 04-16-2007 09:42 PM

[censored] Devils. They better win this series. Not because I like them...I absolutely hate them...but the Ducks have Tampa's #1 next year. Winning this series means that pick is going to get later and later in the first.

swede554 04-16-2007 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[censored] Devils. They better win this series. Not because I like them...I absolutely hate them...but the Ducks have Tampa's #1 next year. Winning this series means that pick is going to get later and later in the first.

[/ QUOTE ]

They got that from Tampa in the Vinny Prospal deal?

bluef0x 04-16-2007 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Shane O'Brien, who isn't worth a first IMO... so the Ducks got great value for the future, but I think they should have kept him. He's better than DiPenta/Jackman/and whatshisname. Burke was trying to swap that 1st for Jason Blake? I'm not really sure, but it was right at the deadline and the deal didn't go through.

Triumph36 04-16-2007 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

shane o'brien deal

it doesn't matter, this draft sucks anyway - that's why they got a 1st round pick in a deal for shane o'brien.

MacGuyV 04-16-2007 10:23 PM

Phew...big win.
Somebody buy the VS crew Isles sweaters plz.

stealthcow 04-16-2007 10:32 PM

Ugh,

a bit disapointed in a lot of sabres. It seems Connolly is back, but he keeps trying to make these very difficult 1 on 3 moves. Just pass the puck pls. Also, some horrible defensive coverage by a few lines. So far i think the Briere line has been non existant (barring the 5 on 3). vanek/afinogenov/roy line also looked pretty bad.

On the bright side, i was impressed with Zubrus's play though. He's been very unselfish w/ the puck and playing the body well.

Hopefully teh sabres put in a better effort in game 4 and can wrap it up in 5

stealthcow-

B00T 04-16-2007 10:38 PM

Leave it to the POS Isles fans to throw stuff all over the ice.

P.S. Howie Rose and his sidekick are terrible.

MacGuyV 04-16-2007 10:38 PM

Yeah I'm not sure what's going on here. Need to tighten up in pretty much every area...
On the plus side it looks like we'll avoid Ottowa as it looks like either the Lightning or Rangers will advance.

CrazyPsycho 04-16-2007 11:14 PM

I thought the third period was amazing, held the Isles to two shots protecting a one goal lead on the road. The Isles play very hard, you have to give them credit, it's not easy to play against a team that just doesn't stop. I think most fans(not you guys) are being far too overcritical at this point.

MacGuyV 04-17-2007 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought the third period was amazing, held the Isles to two shots protecting a one goal lead on the road. The Isles play very hard, you have to give them credit, it's not easy to play against a team that just doesn't stop. I think most fans(not you guys) are being far too overcritical at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I always felt pretty good about winning the series; but it's cup or bust and it would've been nice to take care of business at home vs. the supposed worst team in the playoffs...
Granted eventual cup winners have those bumps in the road pretty frequently, but remember we're the fan-base that panicked after having a series lead cut to 3-1 after Game 4 vs. Ottowa last yr. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

onthebutton 04-17-2007 12:49 AM

Disappointing game for Preds fans. Nashville just didn't seem to have much energy. Too many penalties, and San Jose did a good job of stifling Nashville's offense. Radulov being out (and rightfully so), which meant more minutes for Tootoo, really brings this team down, IMO. I hope they can bounce back next game.

GambleGamble 04-17-2007 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ugh,

a bit disapointed in a lot of sabres. It seems Connolly is back, but he keeps trying to make these very difficult 1 on 3 moves. Just pass the puck pls. Also, some horrible defensive coverage by a few lines. So far i think the Briere line has been non existant (barring the 5 on 3). vanek/afinogenov/roy line also looked pretty bad.

On the bright side, i was impressed with Zubrus's play though. He's been very unselfish w/ the puck and playing the body well.

Hopefully teh sabres put in a better effort in game 4 and can wrap it up in 5

stealthcow-

[/ QUOTE ]

Briere line has been playin horrible...just know consistentsy or urgency in there play...

...Zubris has been the best Sabre when on the ice recently

...Connolly is trying to do way too much with the puck, he just got back from a year off and he thinks he has been there the whole time, he needs to play it safe...

...good 3rd period..that how they should be playing the whole time

bluef0x 04-17-2007 02:55 AM

[censored]! I watched the first period and then had to go... but I was recording the game on VS and not FSN. VS was blacked out, so missed the final 2 periods.

Anyone know where the center ice forums moved to? DonkeyKongSr, can you ask some of your buddies on HFBoards? I have an account, but don't know where they moved.

Mike Gallo 04-17-2007 09:32 AM

Brodeur looks human

So far in the Devils-Lightning series, the Lightnings "stars" have out performed the Devils "stars".

Lecavalier has played very well and has outworked and outmuscled the Devils.

Brodeur allowed a few soft goals, and Hedberg has played good enough to win.

The Devils forwards cannot get anything going. I went to the game Saturday and it appeared the team did not have any energy.

Good thing Lou fired the coach. I think ultimately the firing of Julien will backfire.

I do not think the Devils will win this series.

Triumph36 04-17-2007 11:11 AM

Re: Brodeur looks human

holmqvist has not played well - he gives up these great rebounds that the devils can't seem to get to

the devils can't get anything going because they can't get a good breakout, and they can't dump and chase effectively. meanwhile, tampa can create an effective forecheck and hold the puck down low without the help of their defensemen.

last night was still a winnable game - brodeur was terrible. julien nor lou could've helped that.

Wes Mantooth 04-17-2007 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Good thing Lou fired the coach. I think ultimately the firing of Julien will backfire.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think the coaching had anything to do with the Devils being behind in this series. If the Devils win game 4 they will likely win the series.

Mike Gallo 04-17-2007 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think the coaching had anything to do with the Devils being behind in this series. If the Devils win game 4 they will likely win the series.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Lightning have outworked and outhit the Devils team. Lou claims he fired the coach because he did not like the intensity the team displayed. Under Lou the team has displayed even less intensity.

The Lightning have gotten to every loose puck and have finished their checks. The Devils have not.

I do not think the Devils will win game 4. I hope they do, because I have tickets for game 5 on Friday. I do not want to go for the handshake ceremony.

MacGuyV 04-17-2007 02:14 PM

How did NJ win so many games in the reg. season...is the East just like the NFC this yr?

Hopey 04-17-2007 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How did NJ win so many games in the reg. season...

[/ QUOTE ]

Brodeur + weaker opposition than in the west.

Triumph36 04-17-2007 02:25 PM

gallo you are just wrong here - the devils are trying. of course they're getting outhit - nj is a team of midgets. who's going to start throwing hits, brian gionta? they're incredibly small.

what's being missed here is that the devils played their standard road game last night and could've easily won there 2-1. brodeur let the team down.

Wes Mantooth 04-17-2007 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How did NJ win so many games in the reg. season...is the East just like the NFC this yr?

[/ QUOTE ]

The Devils won a lot of games this year the same way they have been winning games the past 10-15 years... overall defense.

niss 04-17-2007 03:05 PM

Brodeur may have let in a softy, but some of the saves he made in the 3rd last night were incredible.

Needle77 04-17-2007 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Brodeur may have let in a softy, but some of the saves he made in the 3rd last night were incredible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure why this is suprising everyone. Brodeur has always given up the soft goals and then made ridiculous saves.

niss 04-17-2007 05:31 PM

Who said it was a surprise?

Triumph36 04-17-2007 05:38 PM

brodeur has not always let in soft goals - this is a trend that kills the devils in years when they don't win the cup.

he did make one or two phenomenal stops - one when it still really mattered too.

g-bebe 04-17-2007 06:41 PM

Where's bluef0x? I want him to know that there are some important games being played tonight. Not just any playoff games... but important playoff games.

Hgua!

T-God 04-17-2007 07:26 PM

Update: I'm still cheering for the Senators.

Hold'em 07 04-17-2007 07:31 PM

Let's go Rangers. 2-0 in the first, 2-0 in the series.

Avalanche333 04-17-2007 07:42 PM

My two thoughts on the Rangers game so far.

It's really my first time seeing them this year, and my goodness do they look good. Just total domination so far.

Also, those blue jerseys they wear have to be one of the best jerseys in all of sports. Just too cool. I wish I still had my old one.

MacGuyV 04-17-2007 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, those blue jerseys they wear have to be one of the best jerseys in all of sports. Just too cool. I wish I still had my old one.

[/ QUOTE ]

No argument there.
Pens white > black, Sens red > white, games in Ottawa look much nicer.

bluef0x 04-17-2007 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No argument there.
Pens white > black, Sens red > white, games in Ottawa look much nicer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like that black wave thing on the Sens' red jerseys. Reminds me of the Isles' awful jerseys a few years back.

g-bebe 04-17-2007 08:20 PM

4-0 now for NYR. Atlanta was a nice story, but they're getting blown out bigtime by the Rangers. I thought they'd have problems if their top guns didn't play well -- forget that, their entire team isn't playing well.

Triumph36 04-17-2007 08:46 PM

atlanta needs to fire don waddell asap

the best he can muster by trading every scrap of prospects he had, while passing on several NHL stars in the draft, is this crap? marian hossa has no heart - we all knew that from his days in ottawa - but this is just ridiculous

what a terrible team, and sure to get worse, because there's just nothing left in the cupboard. this is as good as it gets, atlanta fans.

IggyWH 04-17-2007 09:36 PM

Pens played well tonight but their powerplay was horrid.