Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Sunday Night TURBO (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=113287)

Flow73 05-15-2006 03:49 AM

Re: Sunday Night TURBO

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I would recommend, for the noobs, looking back through the thread at how mets and andrew posted for clues to identifying wolves.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm doing that now...

From mets:
the cancer vote on me still has me confused ...... still leaning toward andrew and flow at this point

knowing that I'm a villager and that elroy is most definatly getting eating the next night does this just scream that andrew is the other wolf after mets is found out to be a wolf? It crossed my mind but I didn't have the guts to go with this.

TIEdup14 05-15-2006 03:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

That said, don't give the newbies a hard time!

Endgame is the worst and even vets screw it up at least as often as we pull it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Andrew Karpinski 05-15-2006 03:50 AM

Everyone is a critic; I say if you made it to the final 3 you played well. Elroy, no wolf is ever gonna let a seer confirmed villager survive : 0

traz 05-15-2006 03:50 AM

You guys should have figured out mets was a wolf 100% from when he voted me off

metsandfinsfan 05-15-2006 03:51 AM

THANKS VR for modding .... and sorry about the long nights but my connection really did suck!

traz 05-15-2006 03:51 AM

and then trusted me when i say VOTE ANDREW

traz 05-15-2006 03:51 AM

thanks vr for modding

and as for elroy, I'm guessing its gtit or something

traz 05-15-2006 03:54 AM

In hindsight maybe I should have come out, but my real error was saying mets OR andrew, when I had a gut feeling it could be both. Oops.

But the speed lynching of evans was bad, and the speed lynching of me was TERRIBLE

And I only say these things so you guys get better, not to offend heh

His Boy Elroy 05-15-2006 03:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
thanks vr for modding

and as for elroy, I'm guessing its gtit or something

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, this will probably be no fun since I don't think I've played a game with half of you. Ah well, I'm sure I'll reveal someday.

Edit: Also, yeah traz, you definitely shouldve come out sooner. I saw that "I have a huge reveal, next daytime" as being a last ditch effort to martyr yourself and save the real seer. Unfortunately, we killed you anyways. At this point in our WW lives, nothing can be looked at on first-level thinking. Yes we shouldn't killed you, but yes, you should've come out sooner.

VoraciousReader 05-15-2006 03:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow.

When I posted in the signup thread, I said I'd join if you didn't mind having a new player.

You should have just said something in the first place.

Seriously, good for you. You figured it out. The new players didn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone was once a new player. New player are welcome in turbos, especially in ones that I mod.

I will admit to having a pang of hesitation when I saw just how many newbies were going to be in this game. I was worried there wouldn't be participation and the thread would die.

But considering it was a village composed largely of novices with 3 experienced wolves, I think you should all pat yourself on the back.

One thing though...the vote/unvote thing? Way way overused...and too quickly used.

Chris, I hope you never make any mistakes when you try something for the first time.

metsandfinsfan 05-15-2006 03:54 AM

Cancer and Flow awesome game ...... you guys did real well for the first time and looked for clues and almost had us ........ Thank you for playing and please play again

Chris your post was totally uncalled for

ChrisV 05-15-2006 03:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow.

When I posted in the signup thread, I said I'd join if you didn't mind having a new player.

You should have just said something in the first place.

Seriously, good for you. You figured it out. The new players didn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude don't take it personally, this is just a game on a messageboard. I am just making brag post, I don't really care whether we won or not. You gotta play the game as you see it...

ChrisV 05-15-2006 04:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Chris your post was totally uncalled for

[/ QUOTE ]

Guys relax. I apologise if I offended anyone. I didn't realise people would take personally criticism of their performance in some messageboard game.

VR: I make mistakes in new stuff all the time. I don't mind when people tell me stuff I did was stupid though. IMO it's far better to make a post like this at end of game rather than what I've seen done in countless games, which is habitually round 1 lynch anyone who has lost games in the past.

Andrew Karpinski 05-15-2006 04:03 AM

dtbog : If it makes you feel any better players at the end being flamed by people that got voted out the second day is a common trend in werewolf games and undoubtably a result of the jealousy they feel from not being able to participate in the glory that is a full game of werewolf./

traz 05-15-2006 04:03 AM

i hate you andrew

:>

ChrisV 05-15-2006 04:05 AM

So to clarify, I made that post because I called the whole game correctly in like Day 4. If I was wrong and Cancer is last wolf, then I just wouldn't post.

The newbies were all great because they all participated and didn't do anything anti-village. I think they made a bunch of mistakes, but I was dead and they weren't so it's their call. The important thing is that the game got played properly.

ChrisV 05-15-2006 04:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
dtbog : If it makes you feel any better players at the end being flamed by people that got voted out the second day is a common trend in werewolf games and undoubtably a result of the jealousy they feel from not being able to participate in the glory that is a full game of werewolf./

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I got eaten not voted out.

Frankly I'd rather have been lynched, since imo at that point lynching me was a better option that Evans [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Andrew Karpinski 05-15-2006 04:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i hate you andrew

:>

[/ QUOTE ]

It's been a long time since I've been a wolf I like it.

ChrisV 05-15-2006 04:11 AM

One of the reasons me and Shortline knew you were wolf is you were being too helpful...

Though I note you dropped the "NOBODY VOTE" schtick on the final day [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

metsandfinsfan 05-15-2006 04:12 AM

4 hours VR ..... I know I already said it but <font color="blue"> THANK YOU SO MUCH </font>

Andrew Karpinski 05-15-2006 04:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
One of the reasons me and Shortline knew you were wolf is you were being too helpful...

Though I note you dropped the "NOBODY VOTE" schtick on the final day [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's cause I wanted them to vote lol. But really you didn't 'know' I was a wolf, you guessed it and got lucky. Congrats ;0

ChrisV 05-15-2006 04:45 AM

Yes I realise [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I knew like 95% during day 5. During Day 4 I was maybe 70% sure.

ChrisV 05-15-2006 04:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
4 hours VR ..... I know I already said it but <font color="blue"> THANK YOU SO MUCH </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah second this NICE JOB VR!

kyro 05-15-2006 08:23 AM

Sorry wolf buddies for leading you down to Tokyo. I actually thought traz was on his first post but Tokyo had to open his big mouth.

Nicely done pulling it out.

NeedsMoreNuts 05-15-2006 08:39 AM

Sorry for sucking, everyone. VR, GG man!

wdcbooks 05-15-2006 09:55 AM

I am guessing Elroy is Waterloo Poker returned. Definitely not Xorbie or Scott Howard.

kyro 05-15-2006 10:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am guessing Elroy is Waterloo Poker returned. Definitely not Xorbie or Scott Howard.

[/ QUOTE ]

I forgot about him.

KyrosMother 05-15-2006 12:06 PM

OMG - a game in my honor and I missed it. TY Voracious.

And, yes, for anyone who really wants to know - I am kyro's mom. Scary...isn't it.

And yes, Amplify was one of the politest wolves I had every moderator (but, damn, Amp.....you're 36??!!! I hope that avatar is over 18... [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img])

ChrisV 05-15-2006 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There is absolutely 0% chance he is xorbie.

I haven't seen enough games with ScottHoward to know 100%, but from what I know NO CHANCE.

He was pretty newbie so I would guess he has played less than 5 games under his previous nick.

kyro 05-15-2006 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There is absolutely 0% chance he is xorbie.

I haven't seen enough games with ScottHoward to know 100%, but from what I know NO CHANCE.

He was pretty newbie so I would guess he has played less than 5 games under his previous nick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, he's not either of those guys. I only assumed SH at first because very few posters use the [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] guy

metsandfinsfan 05-15-2006 02:39 PM

he better not be scotthoward because both him and elroy are playing a turbo together right now

His Boy Elroy 05-15-2006 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he better not be scotthoward because both him and elroy are playing a turbo together right now

[/ QUOTE ]

Call me ZeeElroy. But for real, I'm not Scott.

metsandfinsfan 12-02-2007 02:13 AM

vr is this the mothers day turbo you were looking for?