Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   weekday WW redux (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=102957)

BobOjedaFan 05-04-2006 01:08 PM

Re: weekday WW redux

[ QUOTE ]
Your response to patton's argument:

[ QUOTE ]

You MAY be overthinking this? Um yeah. What's sad is to me this thought process almost looks genuine. I hope you're a wolf because if ARE a villager you're as nutty of an overthinker is Nick.

[/ QUOTE ]

You serious? I'm not saying I'm sold on Alex, but this is standard. I mentioned how you could be doing it by including me in your posts (saying you think I'm clear and horn is a wolf).

That was a main reason I hesitated making that post about you - because you included me as a 'villager'. So, it puts attention directly on me if you are a wolf. (It also puts attention on my if you are a villager - so, it's lose/lose for me really)

But the wolf strategy of naming a wolf to clear their name when that other wolf gets killed, spans generations.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's stupid. Alex Levine is NOT using this strategy!

.Alex. 05-04-2006 01:10 PM

Patton,

Too right? I thought it was obvious to anyone with an ounce of common sense that Hornacek was a villager. I was right about xorbie, but so was Kyro and others. It's not as if xorbie was a huge suspect and I dazzled everyone with my proclamation of his innocence. I don't think I've done anything particularly notable yet.

And by the way, if I was such a genius wolf, I'd probably come up with something more original than having a wolf and a villager as my two main suspects.

Change back to junkmail. You're trying to drive your "lose/lose" point too hard I think.

junkmail3 05-04-2006 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It's stupid. Alex Levine is NOT using this strategy!

[/ QUOTE ]

Did he tell you this in your nightly wolf chat?

junkmail3 05-04-2006 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're trying to drive your "lose/lose" point too hard I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice, I mention once in my initial post about Bobo, and then once stating why I was hesitant about making any posts about Bobo - that's really driving hit home!

Good choice. After you decided yesterday that you might almost switch to Bobo because he's more wolfy, you switch back to me because of a very minor reason - even though you've been more convinced by Bobo and we probably gain more by lynching him ... but maybe that information is too much for you to handle ...

At this point, we might get the most information by lynching you.

Patton4 05-04-2006 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Patton,

Too right? I thought it was obvious to anyone with an ounce of common sense that Hornacek was a villager. I was right about xorbie, but so was Kyro and others. It's not as if xorbie was a huge suspect and I dazzled everyone with my proclamation of his innocence. I don't think I've done anything particularly notable yet.

And by the way, if I was such a genius wolf, I'd probably come up with something more original than having a wolf and a villager as my two main suspects.

Change back to junkmail. You're trying to drive your "lose/lose" point too hard I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

All I can do is get my thoughts out there for the village to decide. I see something fishy, I attack it. In my reread this morning I was convinced of two things... BobO is a wolf, and you look like you are attempting a hostile wolf takeover and I want it stopped before it begins. I just think wolves are getting smarter and more sneaky in their strategies and you seem to fit the bill.

VoraciousReader 05-04-2006 01:21 PM

[] [censored]
[1] alex levin votes junkmail
[1] amplify votes junkmail
[3] bobojedafan votes kyro
[] chuckles
[0] durron votes junkmail
[] elevens
[] fnord votes amplify
[] iron yuppie
[3] junkmail votes Bobo
[1] kyro votes bobo
[] madtown
[] Nicholas
[0] patton votes AlexLevin
[0] ScottHoward votes Shortline
[1] Shortline votes Bobo
[] sumzero
[] SynSid
[1] thebram votes voraciousreader
[0] tiedup votes
[] TJ
[] tokyo
[1] VoraciousReader
[] wdcbooks
[] zurvan votes thebram

TIEdup14 05-04-2006 01:24 PM

As much as I hate to say it, I dont think Junk is a wolf. The fact that he callously attacked me (new) is probably not a good idea for a wolf seeking to avoid any votes out of anger.

VoraciousReader 05-04-2006 01:26 PM

Zurvan, no offense, but I am always suspicious of people who defend me without much reason. It seems too much like they are trying to use me as a shield.

I still think thebram is clearly a good vote, here, though. Maybe it is because I play/mod so many turbos, but I am tired to death of the "fly under the radar, make it to endgame" strategy. I was starting to wonder about shortline too, but I think he is probably just understandably gun shy after last game.

.Alex. 05-04-2006 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Nice, I mention once in my initial post about Bobo, and then once stating why I was hesitant about making any posts about Bobo - that's really driving hit home!

Good choice. After you decided yesterday that you might almost switch to Bobo because he's more wolfy, you switch back to me because of a very minor reason - even though you've been more convinced by Bobo and we probably gain more by lynching him ... but maybe that information is too much for you to handle ...

At this point, we might get the most information by lynching you.

[/ QUOTE ]
I keep switching back and forth because both of you sound so wolfy that I can't decide which one is a better choice.

VoraciousReader 05-04-2006 01:31 PM

Forgot to bold! Voting thebram.

Zurvan 05-04-2006 01:32 PM

VR - I didn't defend you. All I said was that
a) xorbie was the only person that posted suspicions of you
b) bram just jumped on and voted for you

Other people xorbie were suspicious of had other people looking at them. It seems like it would be bad wolf play if you were a wolf & took out xorbie - kinda seems to point at you. Like they were trying to set you up?

I would like to see thebram get some more votes to force him to come out & post, but it doesn't seem like that's going to happen.

Therefore, I'm going back to an old target, who's just made himself more suspicious today.

Lynch Bobo

EDIT: spelling. And, now I see that VR has also voted for bram. If more votes go on him, I'm switching back, to try & make him post some actual content.

junkmail3 05-04-2006 01:40 PM

I think thebram could be a wolf as well - this IS exactly how he plays one.

I could switch over too if a bandwagon got rolling.

I think Bobo still looks too suspicious right now though - and hasn't really given us a reason to not lynch him.

chuckleslovakian 05-04-2006 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think Bobo still looks too suspicious right now though - and hasn't really given us a reason to not lynch him.

[/ QUOTE ]
Alright seeing how we are in agreement thebram is pretty much as likely a wolf as Bobo, I would rather vote out a silent wolf than a loud one Lynch thebram

junkmail3 05-04-2006 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would rather vote out a silent wolf than a loud one Lynch thebram

[/ QUOTE ]

Very interesting.

BobOjedaFan 05-04-2006 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Alright seeing how we are in agreement thebram is pretty much as likely a wolf as Bobo, I would rather vote out a silent wolf than a loud one Lynch thebram

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you might have a tough choice soon Chuckles, because I'm totally going to McDonalds in a few mins. BTW junkmail the reason I havent given you a reason not to lynch me is because it won't help too much. But here it is...

Don't lynch me because I'm not a Wearwolf.

Gee, I wonder if that will help.

Edit: It was Junkmail that said i gave no reason, not Zurv, sorry.

durron597 05-04-2006 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bob at 3.47:

<snip>

[/ QUOTE ]

This whole post makes me suspect you even more, in addition to me suspecting Bob.

junkmail3 05-04-2006 02:06 PM

Yawn.

[censored] 05-04-2006 02:16 PM

vote VR she's the only player who I really feel is a wolf right now

ScottHoward 05-04-2006 02:23 PM

change my vote to junkmail
never seen somebody jump around so much. either hes a wolf trying to cover a lot of tracks, or hes a villager confusing the rest of the villagers

.Alex. 05-04-2006 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
vote VR she's the only player who I really feel is a wolf right now

[/ QUOTE ]
VR is the most likely villager to me.

durron597 05-04-2006 02:29 PM

not enough people are voting for junkmail, what gives guys

junkmail3 05-04-2006 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
never seen somebody jump around so much. either hes a wolf trying to cover a lot of tracks, or hes a villager confusing the rest of the villagers

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, right - you mean because I have a total of ONE vote today. Yeah, pretty jumpy.

Just because I think Bob is the most obvious at this point, doesn't mean I'm going to stop talking about other possibilities.

That would be like me giving into the wolves very wishes!

That's just what you want isn't it? Add yourself to the list and grab a shovel.

junkmail3 05-04-2006 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We must not have enough idiots this game.

kyro 05-04-2006 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We must not have enough idiots this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

So this is what I sound like. My apologies everyone.

Elevens 05-04-2006 02:35 PM

I get this bad feeling that most of us participating right now are villagers and we're all pointing fingers at each other incorrectly.

Here are my thoughts after reading this thread twice.

1. Nicholas put a lot of thought into his seer strategy. That's a lot of work for a wolf. VR pointed this out, first.

2. Thebram has contributed next to nothing in this game so far. He has basically only posted votes. I have never played with bram, but after VR also pointed this out, a lot of people agreed with her.

3. Because of the above, I tend to think VR is okay.

4. SumZero didn't go for the Hornacek bandwagon, but went after me. Oddly, this makes me think he is a villager. He could have easily had Hornacek killed, but instead went with me when more people were jumping on the Hornacek bandwagon. Maybe, a different level of thinking, but I doubt it. Despite his lack of posts, I think he's okay.

5. I'm unsure of Patton's theory on Alex. That seems like a pretty dumb strategy for the wolves to try, but... I'm leaning that Alex is okay, too.

6. I'm confused why everyone is all on Bob's case. Maybe you are all basing it on previous games, but I haven't seen anything to make him stand out.

7. Madtown is acting strange. As a mod, he likes participation, but he's done the exact opposite in this thread. Obviously, he's been busy setting up the next Mish-Mash game, but... I don't like it.

8. What's TJ's status? Can we get a mod-kill or a replacement for him?

9. fnord is usually a VERY helpful villager, but has said practically nothing so far.

10. Junkmail... I don't know. He accused me with seemingly dumb accusations, but I'm not leaning towards either way right now. Same with Kyro.

11. Durron. I tend to think he's a villager, but with all of the people going after him, I'm rethinking it.

That's all I can remember now.

Oh, I don't know what to think of [censored]. Is this how he normally plays?

I'd like to jump on thebram bandwagon, but with the amount of votes on him already, maybe he'll be more pressured to talk.

ScottHoward 05-04-2006 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, right - you mean because I have a total of ONE vote today. Yeah, pretty jumpy.

[/ QUOTE ]
i didnt say anything about voting, just said you were jumping around.
is durron on your list? just curious.

Thebram 05-04-2006 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Zurvan, no offense, but I am always suspicious of people who defend me without much reason. It seems too much like they are trying to use me as a shield.

I still think thebram is clearly a good vote, here, though. Maybe it is because I play/mod so many turbos, but I am tired to death of the "fly under the radar, make it to endgame" strategy. I was starting to wonder about shortline too, but I think he is probably just understandably gun shy after last game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I reged over 2 years ago, and have 306 posts.
7 (now 8) of those have been in this thread and I'm "flying below the radar"?

I would think you'd see that more clearly if you actually believed it, instead of just using it to push your agenda.

Maybe you're just confused by your lack of mod omniscience. Or maybe you're just a werewolf.

Elevens 05-04-2006 02:40 PM

Okay, more...

I think shortline's absence was okay. I read the mish mash thread late last night, and I understand his thought process.

I have to reread Zurvan's and ScottHoward's posts. I have no thoughts on them, but I as with Durron, I thought Zurvan was okay yesterday.

durron597 05-04-2006 02:40 PM

My list of wolves:

junkmail
bobojedafan
elevens

Elevens 05-04-2006 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My list of wolves:

junkmail
bobojedafan
elevens

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that you keep pushing for people who I don't really suspect (especially me) makes me suspect you more. Your lists so far have sucked.

junkmail3 05-04-2006 02:42 PM

Damn, I was just about to type up a post about how you were being very closeminded this game. (It's saved on my clipboard)

Would you care to share your reasoning with the other two? I know why you already suspect me.

JaredL 05-04-2006 02:44 PM

Hornacek Last Words:

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] to wolves. They're going to win!

.Alex. 05-04-2006 02:48 PM

Elevens,

You had a whopping 11 points, and all you said was that you thought a bunch of people were villagers. Not even one suspect? The closest you came to accusing anyone was Madtown, who has like 2 posts in this thread. Objectivity is a common wolf trait.

Durron,

I like your list.

durron597 05-04-2006 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My list of wolves:

junkmail
bobojedafan
elevens

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that you keep pushing for people who I don't really suspect (especially me) makes me suspect you more. Your lists so far have sucked.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

11. Durron. I tend to think he's a villager, but with all of the people going after him, I'm rethinking it.

[/ QUOTE ]

No one's going after me. It's like you already had in mind that people were going to go after me as part of your plan for the turn. I haven't gotten a single vote this game. So because of that I think you're a wolf.

Bob's complicated posts plus the way the person I'm most convinced is a wolf (junkmail) has been handling him makes me think he is a wolf too.

kyro 05-04-2006 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hornacek Last Words:

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] to wolves. They're going to win!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if all the villagers are as idiotic as he was, I would assume so too.

Elevens 05-04-2006 02:55 PM

Okay, most likely wolves list are:

1. fnord
2. madtown
3. thebram

My most likely villager list are:

1. Nicholas
2. Alex Levin
3. bobo

BobOjedaFan 05-04-2006 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I get this bad feeling that most of us participating right now are villagers and we're all pointing fingers at each other incorrectly.

Here are my thoughts after reading this thread twice.

1. Nicholas put a lot of thought into his seer strategy. That's a lot of work for a wolf. VR pointed this out, first.

2. Thebram has contributed next to nothing in this game so far. He has basically only posted votes. I have never played with bram, but after VR also pointed this out, a lot of people agreed with her.

3. Because of the above, I tend to think VR is okay.

4. SumZero didn't go for the Hornacek bandwagon, but went after me. Oddly, this makes me think he is a villager. He could have easily had Hornacek killed, but instead went with me when more people were jumping on the Hornacek bandwagon. Maybe, a different level of thinking, but I doubt it. Despite his lack of posts, I think he's okay.

5. I'm unsure of Patton's theory on Alex. That seems like a pretty dumb strategy for the wolves to try, but... I'm leaning that Alex is okay, too.

6. I'm confused why everyone is all on Bob's case. Maybe you are all basing it on previous games, but I haven't seen anything to make him stand out.

7. Madtown is acting strange. As a mod, he likes participation, but he's done the exact opposite in this thread. Obviously, he's been busy setting up the next Mish-Mash game, but... I don't like it.

8. What's TJ's status? Can we get a mod-kill or a replacement for him?

9. fnord is usually a VERY helpful villager, but has said practically nothing so far.

10. Junkmail... I don't know. He accused me with seemingly dumb accusations, but I'm not leaning towards either way right now. Same with Kyro.

That's all I can remember now.

Oh, I don't know what to think of [censored]. Is this how he normally plays?

I'd like to jump on thebram bandwagon, but with the amount of votes on him already, maybe he'll be more pressured to talk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone is ALWAYS on my case whether I'm a wolf or not. Frankly it's just because I post alot, so I leave more tiny inconsistancies for everyone to go nuts about. I think you make alot of good points too about the others. The only one I will disagree with is Fnord, his silence may just have to do with his kids, I know he's mentioned this as a reason for silence before. Give him another day or so before that becomes a cause for suspicion.

TIEdup14 05-04-2006 02:57 PM

Just out of curiousity, why is Kyro clear of suspicion, as well as anyone else not on Elevens' list?

Elevens 05-04-2006 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No one's going after me. It's like you already had in mind that people were going to go after me as part of your plan for the turn. I haven't gotten a single vote this game. So because of that I think you're a wolf.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're completely right. I just had to reread the last few pages to see that. I don't know who I'm confusing you with.

I stand by my assessment of everyone else, though.

amplify 05-04-2006 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just out of curiousity, why is Kyro clear of suspicion, as well as anyone else not on Elevens' list?

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you have something specific in mind, or is this just a general question encompassing everyone who's in the game?