Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   List of eWallets for Canadians (#2 of 2) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=395826)

cardman 08-11-2007 05:51 PM

Re: List of eWallets for Canadians (#2 of 2)

[ QUOTE ]
just a FYI for everyone, i was able to withdrawal into my InstaDebit account from absolute poker without having made a deposit first.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can Canadians have Instadebit accounts in U.S. currency?

GrindingIt 08-12-2007 02:00 AM

I did a bank wire on crypto. Looks like I lost 2 points. Not too bad and only took about a day and a half. They told me that over 500 is free although they haven't updated there sites to say that. I play a lot on crypto so thumbs up by me.

PS - You have to scan a copy of a recent bank statement and get all the wire information from your bank. I did a small transfer first of 750 to test and then a bigger one after it worked.

Bobo Fett 08-12-2007 06:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
just a FYI for everyone, i was able to withdrawal into my InstaDebit account from absolute poker without having made a deposit first.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can Canadians have Instadebit accounts in U.S. currency?

[/ QUOTE ]
When you make a withdrawal from a poker site to Instadebit, it is kept in whatever currency you withdrew in. I believe it is even possible to have both US and Canadian balances simultaneously, although I'm not positive about this.

cardman 08-12-2007 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

When you make a withdrawal from a poker site to Instadebit, it is kept in whatever currency you withdrew in. I believe it is even possible to have both US and Canadian balances simultaneously, although I'm not positive about this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the info. For some reason I mistakenly thought Canadians couldn't have U.S. currency accounts with Instadebit.

grounder 08-13-2007 05:09 PM

I just phoned PC Financial and asked about international wire transfers. They said there is *NO FEE FOR INCOMING WIRE TRANSFERS*. This is for their No Fee Bank Account.

More info here:
http://www.banking.pcfinancial.ca/a/..._daily_banking

grounder 08-13-2007 06:44 PM

For new Instadebit users: I was able to withdraw from Prestige Poker (iPoker) to Instadebit without initially depositing with Instadebit.

hypermegachi 08-13-2007 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the info. For some reason I mistakenly thought Canadians couldn't have U.S. currency accounts with Instadebit.

[/ QUOTE ]
you are correct with this assumption. their support has told me that we must have canadian currency accounts.

hypermegachi 08-13-2007 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just phoned PC Financial and asked about international wire transfers. They said there is *NO FEE FOR INCOMING WIRE TRANSFERS*. This is for their No Fee Bank Account.

More info here:
http://www.banking.pcfinancial.ca/a/..._daily_banking

[/ QUOTE ]
while this may sound good, moneybookers cannot wire money into your PC account because it's a correspondent bank for CIBC.

Bobo Fett 08-13-2007 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
you are correct with this assumption. their support has told me that we must have canadian currency accounts.

[/ QUOTE ]
I just logged into my InstaDebit account and confirmed that I have a $25 US balance.

hypermegachi 08-14-2007 12:46 AM

i'm talking about withdraw a US or CA balance from your InstaDebit account into a US currency chequing account.

Bobo Fett 08-14-2007 02:55 AM

Ahhhhh, I see now. Well, I'm not sure which answer Cardman was after, so to clarify:

1) InstaDebit allows you to keep both US and Canadian balances in your InstaDebit account.

2) Instadebit does NOT allow you to link your Instadebit account to a US$ bank account, only to a Canadian $ account. Therefore, when you move your US $ balance from Instadebit to your bank account, you will be paying vig.

Hopefully that makes sense and is correct now.

cardman 08-14-2007 03:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ahhhhh, I see now. Well, I'm not sure which answer Cardman was after, so to clarify:

1) InstaDebit allows you to keep both US and Canadian balances in your InstaDebit account.

2) Instadebit does NOT allow you to link your Instadebit account to a US$ bank account, only to a Canadian $ account. Therefore, when you move your US $ balance from Instadebit to your bank account, you will be paying vig.

Hopefully that makes sense and is correct now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually the combination of both your answers pretty much answers my one question. I thought Instadebit accounts couldn't be in U.S. currency for Canadians. Now I know they can be, thanks to Bobo. I thought about doing an EFT from Instadebit to a U.S. dollar account at a Canadian bank. Well, now I know that's no good thanks to hypermegachi.

Twisty 08-14-2007 04:59 AM

Click2pay debit card update.
I made a withdrawal to my debit card 12 days ago and noticed today the money had been put back into my c2p account.
I've emailed them to find out why but have yet to hear from them.
Has anybody else had this happen?

Stan Loh 08-14-2007 05:09 AM

This has happened to me in the past because of technical issues. Just e-mail them. I always got my money after that.

Breadeater 08-14-2007 12:25 PM

Moneybookers cheque withdrawal trip report

This has been reported by others in the past but mine seems to have been a bit quicker than other peoples.

It took 9 days for the cheque to arrive and the bank declined to put a holding /clearing period on it cuz i'd deposited USD cheques before from neteller and other sites.

mephisto 08-14-2007 05:07 PM

Small trip report from withdrawing using the cheque option at battlefield poker. Surprisingly I received it today after only taking 5 days. Very fast, I'm impressed.

I know BF ain't an ewallet but my post doesn't merit it's own thread. So there you go.

4thstreetpete 08-20-2007 05:44 PM

I noticed there's an EFT and bank wire withdrawal option for Canadians. Stupid question, but what's the difference between these two? There doesn't seem to be any cost for the bank wire withdrawal (Party eats the cost)? Wouldn't a bank wire be better?

cardman 08-20-2007 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I noticed there's an EFT and bank wire withdrawal option for Canadians. Stupid question, but what's the difference between these two? There doesn't seem to be any cost for the bank wire withdrawal (Party eats the cost)? Wouldn't a bank wire be better?

[/ QUOTE ]

Most banks in Canada charge a fee for incoming wire transfers ranging from $10-$15 depending on the bank.

4thstreetpete 08-20-2007 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Most banks in Canada charge a fee for incoming wire transfers ranging from $10-$15 depending on the bank.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's what I thought, thanks. Went to the party page and there were no mention of fees.

BTW do you have to register your bank with party first before you can withdraw using EFT?

GTBMuckface 08-25-2007 03:31 AM

I am srsly confused as to how usemybank works.

Bobo Fett 08-25-2007 03:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Is there a question in there somewhere? I've never used it, but it appears to be a way to make a payment via your bank account.

hypermegachi 08-25-2007 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW do you have to register your bank with party first before you can withdraw using EFT?

[/ QUOTE ]
i didn't and it worked. EFTs are free (not the same as bank wire).

4thstreetpete 08-25-2007 12:56 PM

Just a word about usemybank,

I created in ipoker account and tried to deposit using usemybank. My account got flagged by security because I tried to deposit too much, so then they set a limit for me at $380.

It was pretty quick. If you ever use online banking it's like logging into your online banking account. I was really hesitant to use it at first because I'm not so crazy about logging in with my real account usename and password.

I gave it a shot and it worked. Anyways, here's where it gets interesting. Firstly I'm with Royal Bank. When I tried to use it again the next day, I could no longer log in to my online banking by usemybank. Sure enough I went into my online banking's website to log in and I was locked out (!!!) and was not allowed to change my password.

I had to call my bank's CS support to find out what was going on. They couldn't give me any answers just that I could reset my password. Okay..... I still don't know if it was my bank who flagged me for trying to make a deposit to online poker.

There's more. When you try paying by Usemybank, they charge you the current exchange rate PLUS another 4% on top of that. For me to deposit $380, I had to pay $419 CAD which was 1.10 exchange rate when it should be 1.05.

There's more, on my account statement it says $419 was DEPOSITED first into my account and then a withdrawal of $419 was made. So now I'm completely clueless as to what happened. No money actually left my account yet, do I get billed? or did my bank make a mistake? I'm still confused about it.

O Twist 08-25-2007 06:56 PM

I have used usemybank at Noble a couple of times and
more at party with no problems. The exchange rate sucks but where can Canadians not get beaten down by exchange? I also bank at Royal and I have never had a problem. Usemy bank is instant but is there a better way for exchange. Does anyone know if a Canadian bank in US dollars would work on Usemybank?

O Twist 08-25-2007 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If have Canadian intermet banking then you can Usemybank for deposits. Just like an ATM card. Enter account number and password and it is instant deposit to your poker account. I use it for Noble and Party. The first time you use it you have to give them some extra info but it is processed immediately.

mocky 08-26-2007 03:16 PM

Ok due to unforseen circumstances (extra extra long vacation!) i unfortunately have to take some of my bankroll offline. Can any canadian moneybooker account holders please tell me how long it took them to recieve a check in the post. tyvm

mocky 08-26-2007 06:23 PM

So ive read this nice long thread and found i dont need to cash out by cheque i can withdraw straight to my bank acc sweet!

Henry17 09-14-2007 11:56 AM

I have used UseMyBank at Stars at least a half dozen times. I have not had any issues with it whatsoever.

My last use was on the 12th of this month and the exchange rate was 0.963 which is excellent.

The use couldn't be easier. The instructions are pretty easy to follow.

The one issue is that the service does require you give a third party your online banking password. If someone is worried about this they can change their password before using the service to a temporary one then restore their password after or just simply change their password to a new one after using the service. I have never bothered to and have had no issues.

There is no fee. The money is removed from you account instantly which I believe is a lot better then e-cheque like services which will eventually get abused by people trying to kite.

1C5 09-14-2007 08:45 PM

what about visa and mastercard for depositing at stars? would that work for in canada and what fees?

epassporte works but for the bonus I am paying $30 in load fees.

and usemybank sucks balls from my experiences but it will be cheaper than $30 in fees at least...

1C5 09-14-2007 08:48 PM

wait, why is cibc usemybank there for party and for stars no cibc??

Bobo Fett 09-14-2007 10:42 PM

Moneybookers FTW. I think any Canadian bonus whore has a tough go of it without an MB account.

1C5 09-14-2007 10:57 PM

can I set up a new MB account by next week and get the money in so I can deposit before the bonus expires?

Bobo Fett 09-15-2007 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
can I set up a new MB account by next week and get the money in so I can deposit before the bonus expires?

[/ QUOTE ]
It's been a while since I set mine up, but I'm pretty sure the initial setup was quick. Funding it might be another story. There are 4 ways I know of to fund the account:

1) Bank Transfer (Wire)
2) CC
3) Cashout from a poker site
4) PokerSavvy

The bank transfer is a wire, NOT an EFT, so I believe it takes at least a few days, but I'm really not sure. Perhaps others can comment.

Credit Cards are hit-and-miss...they ask you if it's for gaming, you need to answer yes, and that means some won't work.

Some sites will let you cash out to MB without having deposited that way. If you check one of the first few posts in this thread I listed a few of those sites. I believe some of these were also somewhat hit-and-miss.

I started my account by using PokerSavvy points for MB cash. I subsequently made small deposits to poker rooms where I had money, then was able to cash out what I liked to MB. This may or may not be realistic in your time frame.

Henry17 09-15-2007 07:56 AM

Opening MB takes under 5 minutes. As Bobo said the issue is funding it.

CC requires that you verify a deposit that unlike other amounts does not seem to show up for a few days. I also believe you need to verify it in Euros which means your screwed unless you CC shows that information.

The bank wire seems to complicated to bother with. When you factor in fees and time you are better off just using Western Union / MoneyGram which is much simpler and then just using MB as an e-wallet.

I followed Bobo's advice and went the PokerSavvy route. I got my $45 from them on Thursday. In the meantime though I discovered that Absolute would let me cash out to MB after funding the account with epassporte. So I already had funds in MB by the time PokerSavvy credited my account.

Once you have at least $10 in MB you can buy into Stars and then use MB as your e-wallet but get funds into MB via Stars or whatever you main site happens to be.

Bobo Fett 09-16-2007 04:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
CC requires that you verify a deposit that unlike other amounts does not seem to show up for a few days. I also believe you need to verify it in Euros which means your screwed unless you CC shows that information.

[/ QUOTE ]
It was US$ for me, not Euros. I've never deposited to MB via CC, I only verified it for the limit increase, so it was not a prerequsite to my using the account. Since that meant it wasn't a rush for me, I just waited until I got my CC statement, which always shows both Canadian and US amounts for my US purchases.

However, if you wanted to deposit on MB via CC quickly, a verification would definitely cause a problem. The quickest method, as Henry mentioned, is to find a site that you have money on that will allow you to cashout to MB without depositing first.

1C5 09-18-2007 04:00 PM

Bobo, 2 things, thanks for the help.

Does Stars or Party let you cash out to MB first without depositing with them?

Also, for cashing out at Party, would it work to cash out in USD through MB and then have MB put that money into my USD bank account in Canada?

And also, I see MB has 100 euro refferal fee, if you want I could use your name and then we could split that 100 euros?

pegboy 09-18-2007 04:29 PM

Bobo and other Canucks,

Two questions about sites:

(1)Has anyone successfully pulled money from an ipoker site (NoiQ) to their bank account via bank wire?

(2)Has anyone successfully cashed a Will Hill cheque at a Canadian bank?

Bobo Fett 09-18-2007 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bobo, 2 things, thanks for the help.

Does Stars or Party let you cash out to MB first without depositing with them?

[/ QUOTE ]
Not that I've heard of.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, for cashing out at Party, would it work to cash out in USD through MB and then have MB put that money into my USD bank account in Canada?

[/ QUOTE ]
Cashing to MB will be fine of course, but I'm not sure about the bank transfer to a USD account. Maybe someone else has tried this and will comment.

[ QUOTE ]
And also, I see MB has 100 euro refferal fee, if you want I could use your name and then we could split that 100 euros?

[/ QUOTE ]
I've had a few people use me as a referral (and thank you to them), but I've never tried a split. The problem is that it comes in dribs and drabs...literally $0.60 here, $1.20 there. I believe they give you a small piece of every fee they get, up to a max of 100 Euros. Not sure how long it takes to reach that amount, but I imagine it's quite a while! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Pegboy, sorry, haven't tried either one myself. I'd love to hear from anyone who has though!

SlightlyMad 09-18-2007 04:47 PM

I've cashed out from Will Hill via cheque. Had no problems cashing it at TD Canada Trust (aside from the crappy exchange rate that all banks give).

Mediocre_Player 09-18-2007 07:20 PM

I hate to just jump in here and post without reading super thoroughly but this is the first time I've tried moving money in the post-Neteller era and I'm completely lost (feels like a new world order).

I simply want to move money from Stars/FTP over into Pinnacle in the least hassle possible

Can anyone give me heads up on an easier way then taking a check from snail mail?