Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   STTF SNG->cash thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=309487)

K䲰䮥n 08-16-2007 07:24 AM

Re: STTF SNG->cash thread

[ QUOTE ]
would he 2 barrel with AK here?

[/ QUOTE ]
My best guess is no.

[ QUOTE ]
would he call a bet here with Ace high?

[/ QUOTE ]
The river? I don't think so if the bet is big enough.

Josem 08-16-2007 09:17 AM

karp,

looks fine to me. your analysis is that:
a) you're probably behind
and
b) villain won't fold

seems like a good reason to check/call it as long as you're gettingg the right implied odds. i'm not convinced this is right against someone that passive, but it is only likely to be fairly marginal anyway.

K䲰䮥n 08-16-2007 09:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm not convinced this is right against someone that passive

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

ManChild 08-16-2007 10:53 AM

does he really check the river here with an overpair?
i think you can try to steal on the river, but before then, i think i like just calling against this particular villian

K䲰䮥n 08-16-2007 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

i think you can try to steal on the river, but before then, i think i like just calling against this particular villian

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a bit results oriented or you're reading the (manually converted, sorry) HH wrong

ManChild 08-16-2007 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a bit results oriented or you're reading the (manually converted, sorry) HH wrong

[/ QUOTE ]

my mistake, i thought you checked behind on the river, this is finely played IMO vs. this villian

microbet 08-16-2007 02:09 PM

Karp, I like the way you played the hand fine. He underbet the turn and gave you odds to call for sure. I don't think he calls a huge river bet if you hit the spade, but big enough that the call is profitable.

His numbers aren't crazy so he might be able to fold an overpair to enough pressure, plus you might hit - and Manchild was talking about bluffing, so I was wondering what might happen if he made a bigger bet on the turn.

I also changed the suit of the turn to make for more scare cards on the river.

[ QUOTE ]

23/4/1 so far mini 3bets have been TT+. Though he always mini 3bets so there might be some other hands in his range aswell.

Seat 1: SKYLARKNOC ( $74.30 )
Seat 3: aasboe ( $51.55 )
Seat 6: Momp ( $48.40 )
Seat 8: MsHollyGolightly ( $49.25 )
Seat 10: Firetribe ( $77.74 )
aasboe posts Small Blind $0.25
Momp posts Big Blind $0.50

Dealing cards
Your cards K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [Firetribe]
MsHollyGolightly folds
Firetribe raises $1.75
SKYLARKNOC raises $3
aasboe folds
Momp calls $2.50
Firetribe calls $1.25

Dealing Flop 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Momp checks
Firetribe checks
SKYLARKNOC bets $7
Momp folds
Firetribe calls $7

Dealing Turn 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Firetribe checks
SKYLARKNOC bets $20
Firetribe calls $20

Dealing River 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Firetribe ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Against this opponent can you call this turn and then push any diamond or card that hits a straight (or maybe any card at all) or value bet a spade?

The bluff by itself might be a little unprofitable and chasing by itself might be a little unprofitable, but could they be profitable when put together?

The Yugoslavian 08-16-2007 02:25 PM

micro,

Seems like it might be thin unless you think this is the right opponent to do so vs. Seems Karp is calling down b/c villian has a calling river hand a large % of the time. I doubt this type of villian folds diamond rivers or str8 rivers, just perhaps spade rivers....and this kills the value of your line.

I do think it can work vs. a type of opponent that you think is capable of folding to strength on the river.

Yugoslav

microbet 08-16-2007 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
micro,

Seems like it might be thin unless you think this is the right opponent to do so vs. Seems Karp is calling down b/c villian has a calling river hand a large % of the time. I doubt this type of villian folds diamond rivers or str8 rivers, just perhaps spade rivers....and this kills the value of your line.

I do think it can work vs. a type of opponent that you think is capable of folding to strength on the river.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

You're probably right. Villian is a little passive and his betting probably means too strong of a hand to fold. I wouldn't really try to bluff someone off of an overpair, though I probably don't bluff enough in general. Still, under this scenerio he doesn't have to fold to the bluff a huge percentage of the time and 23/4 is somewhere near a thinking player and maybe even a little bit of a scared player. And, it's hard in general to get and use a read that people fold decent hands to big bets, cause they don't necessarily do it the second time.

STALLOWN3D 08-17-2007 11:07 AM

K, so I only called pf because I had reraised him 3 out of the last 4 times and I didn't want to make it such a big pot if he was going to stick around, plus I felt I could get him to do a lot of betting if an A or Q flopped.

So do I bet this river?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($4.85)
Button ($47.15)
SB ($8)
Hero ($43.30)
UTG ($26.25)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2.10) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $1.75</font>, Hero calls $1.75.

Turn: ($5.60) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $6.5</font>, Hero calls $6.50.

River: ($18.60) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero ???

I know I should've raised at some point, probably the turn, but I don't have that big of a set yet [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

STALLOWN3D 08-17-2007 11:17 AM

K, another bet the river question.

I had just bluffed off a decent amount to this guy when he cold called AK and I bet every single street.

I didn't bet the river here cause he had just seen me bet with absolutely nothing so if he did make the flush he'd be better off letting me bluff once more than him trying to figure out if I can call a bet by him or not.

So bet? check?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($32.70)
UTG ($10.40)
Hero ($38.55)
Button ($24.20)
SB ($19.05)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls $1, UTG calls $1.

Flop: ($3.85) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, BB calls $3, UTG folds.

Turn: ($9.85) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $7</font>, BB calls $7.

River: ($23.85) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

The Yugoslavian 08-17-2007 01:04 PM

stallown3d,

1st hand, raising at any point is solid for value. B/c you don't have impetus any bet out of turn will raise alarms but, whatever, def bet this for value. The board is crap so if he raises you allin or whatever you can fold.

2nd hand, ummmm, why aren't you betting river? What's his range? If he's seen you get to the river with nothing it opens up his range and he can have many kings, aces, or pps. Get value out of them with whatever kind of betting pattern you used previously with nothing.

Yugoslav

microbet 08-17-2007 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I had just bluffed off a decent amount to this guy when he cold called AK and I bet every single street.

I didn't bet the river here cause he had just seen me bet with absolutely nothing so if he did make the flush he'd be better off letting me bluff once more than him trying to figure out if I can call a bet by him or not.

So bet? check?

BB ($32.70)
UTG ($10.40)
Hero ($38.55)
Button ($24.20)
SB ($19.05)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls $1, UTG calls $1.

Flop: ($3.85) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, BB calls $3, UTG folds.

Turn: ($9.85) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: ($23.85) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Start singing I shot the sheriff and push the river.

Also, you can probably make it full pot on flop and turn vs. this guy.

STALLOWN3D 08-17-2007 04:23 PM

Sounds good.

One of my biggest problems in my cash game is missing value on the turn and river. Thanks for the input.

futuredoc85 08-17-2007 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

So bet? check?

BB ($32.70)
UTG ($10.40)
Hero ($38.55)
Button ($24.20)
SB ($19.05)

BB checks, Hero checks.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] you have top set go all in plz. fwiw at these stakes he's not thinking that deeply, and if he is he will know that you're checking behind w/ a lot of hands that can call a bet and he'd valuebet his flush.

cakewalk 08-18-2007 03:44 PM

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $99.00
BB: $103.60
UTG: $179.30
Hero (BTN): $119.15

Preflop: Hero is dealt Qhttp://legopoker.com/hh/images/diamond.gif Ahttp://legopoker.com/hh/images/club.gif (4 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $4.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $12.00</font>, 2 folds, UTG calls $8.00

Flop: ($25.50) Ahttp://legopoker.com/hh/images/diamond.gif Jhttp://legopoker.com/hh/images/club.gif 2http://legopoker.com/hh/images/diamond.gif (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $18.00</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises all-in to $167.30</font>, Hero ?

i just sat down at beginning of session

Josem 08-18-2007 03:51 PM

folds, ldo

cakewalk 08-18-2007 04:22 PM

sometimes you have to fold tptk in a 3bet pot [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Josem 08-18-2007 04:27 PM

even when you don't have tptk, you need to fold sometimes.

like, you beat a bluff, and nothing else. you even lose to AJ

K䲰䮥n 08-18-2007 04:39 PM

Since when did unknowns stop to call their missed steals with Axs? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

K䲰䮥n 08-18-2007 05:02 PM

I just gotta get this out of my chest. First 25k is NL100, the rest NL50. Welcome 40% RB [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Thanks god for my day job.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i125/paka99/gr20.jpg

K䲰䮥n 08-18-2007 05:13 PM

How bad is this? Villain is 23/12 but open-raises nearly 30%, little understanding of position. Cbets 100% over 800 datamined hands. Has high turn aggression, too.

1) Is PF a spew?
2) How's my cbet raise? Should I play this draw more passive?
3) Do you call his shove?

Seat 3: Kooll31 ( $76.94 )
Seat 6: Firetribe ( $49.75 )
Seat 8: panpan13 ( $14.75 )
Seat 10: Kuba1986 ( $53.15 )
panpan13 posts Small Blind $0.25
Kuba1986 posts Big Blind $0.50
Dealing cards
Your cards J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [Firetribe]
Kooll31 raises $2
Firetribe calls $2
panpan13 folds
Kuba1986 folds

Dealing Flop K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Kooll31 bets $4
Firetribe raises $15.25
Kooll31 goes All-in $70.94
Firetribe? Has $32.50 left...

The Yugoslavian 08-18-2007 05:24 PM

Ok, so I had played this guy for a while and simply put, he wasn't putting a ton of money at risk with weird/marginal hands. Tbh most of our match had been small pots...he doesn't like continuing after the flop unless he has *something*.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 2 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

BB: $94.80
Hero (SB): $227.85

Preflop: Hero is dealt 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $3.00</font>, BB calls $2.00

Flop: ($6) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $6.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $24.00</font>, BB calls $18.00

Turn: ($54) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $30.00</font>, BB calls $30.00

River: ($114) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets all-in for $37.80</font>, Hero calls $37.80

Pot Size: $189.60 ($0.50 Rake)

He's capable of betting the flop with a draw, any pair, a medium pp (he'd reraise a big one preflop most of the time). Based on his previous play he doesn't donk bet often and I think he'd donk bet draws less than pairs/made hands.

On the turn I thought for a long time between the line I took and checking, then calling the river or raising allin if I boated up. Buuuut, I just saw pocket pairs and stuff like A6 dancing in my head that I could probably stack with a $30 bet. On the river I think my odds are too good to fold here, plus the pot is so big and I've played so few big ones with him, I can't discount that he's not bluffing for it.

What lines do you guys look at closely here?

Yugoslav

The Yugoslavian 08-18-2007 05:26 PM

karp,

You're going to have an easier time getting better if you can spell out exactly what you're thinking/planning for a hand. Also write out what you think on analysis. Poker is a thought process, not a hand quiz guessing game (well, ok, STTs are, lol).

Yugoslav

ManChild 08-18-2007 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How bad is this? Villain is 23/12 but open-raises nearly 30%, little understanding of position. Cbets 100% over 800 datamined hands. Has high turn aggression, too.

1) Is PF a spew?
2) How's my cbet raise? Should I play this draw more passive?
3) Do you call his shove?

Seat 3: Kooll31 ( $76.94 )
Seat 6: Firetribe ( $49.75 )
Seat 8: panpan13 ( $14.75 )
Seat 10: Kuba1986 ( $53.15 )
panpan13 posts Small Blind $0.25
Kuba1986 posts Big Blind $0.50
Dealing cards
Your cards J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [Firetribe]
Kooll31 raises $2
Firetribe calls $2
panpan13 folds
Kuba1986 folds

Dealing Flop K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Kooll31 bets $4
Firetribe raises $15.25
Kooll31 goes All-in $70.94
Firetribe? Has $32.50 left...

[/ QUOTE ]

Pf is not spew,
your raise should be a little bigger, like 18
getting it in there is standard, if hes got like AK or AA, your pretty much flipping (slightly slightly behind, but close enough)

ManChild 08-18-2007 05:35 PM

if this guy is only putting money in when he has a hand, then your unlikely to get 2 streets of value here, so checking the turn with the intention of calling a river bet if you miss (obv raising/betting if you boat) is a good idea. also, if he checks blank river id value bet

Diamond Lie 08-20-2007 05:30 AM

Alright I seek insight from my fellow STTer's.

I ended up playing a few hours last night at Foxwoods 1/2.
Most of the hands I felt I played them well, but I wanted your insight to see if we are on the same page.

First significant hand: I have 260 behind me. Villain is to my right, who has 800 behind him. He is a huge station and plays a wide assortment of hands. I've been at table for two orbits and see him limp call 4 raises OOP.

PF I am in MP1 w/ A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. 1 fold, villain open-limps, next person makes it 14. I make it 36 to go. Folded around, villain calls, original raiser folds.

<font color="red"> Pot: </font> <font color="blue">$88 </font>

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

He checks to me. I bet 65. He calls after a brief moment.

Turn: <font color="red"> Pot: </font> <font color="blue">$218 </font>

K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

He checks to me again. I have $160 left. Villain's range here is literally any two cards. How would you play remainder of the hand out from here and why?

ManChild 08-20-2007 05:36 AM

I would stick it in now, as he will call with K or heart, or possibly even worse, also if the heart misses and all he had was a draw you wont get his money unless you get it in on the turn.
and thus, just stick it in now

Diamond Lie 08-20-2007 05:51 AM

Next significant hand. This is at same table.

I have 220 behind me. 2 limpers, I raise Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] to 18 from CO. Button calls, villain from hand 1 calls, other limper folds.

<font color="red"> Pot: </font> <font color="blue">$54 </font>
Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Villain from hand 1 checks. He has me covered. I usually bet here. My reasons for checking is because I know that 1st villain is going to call any c-bet on this paired board. I also have not played a hand yet with the button (whom I have covered). Button bets out $26 (1/2 pot). Villain 1 calls without even thinking.

I feel like I potentially have the best hand still. It's a paired board, and the table style is super lag. I might have mis-played not c-betting when I was checked to. It's $26 to see a pot of $106.

How many of you are firing out when they are second to act on the flop here? How often are you betting/checking here in this type of context/situation?

What is the plan up to this point? For rest of hand if we do call?

Diamond Lie 08-20-2007 06:18 AM

Hand 3:

I am at a new table. Table is less lag and more straight forward poker. I have 325 behind me at this point.

PF: 2 limpers, 1 raise to 18. 1 caller. I have K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in CO. I decide to flat call. SB calls, folded around. 4 to the flop, I have position and have everyone covered.

<font color="red"> Pot: </font> <font color="blue">$76 </font>

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Initial raiser bets $35. 2 folds to me. I do not put him on a 9 here. He could have an overpair, or possibly a pocket pair, maybe KJs or AJs. Maybe two overs? Its really hard to put people at 1/2 at foxwoods on hand ranges im finding.

I decide to raise to $100. I know villain is a thinking player, and has shown from other confrontations he is capable of making folds to big re-raises. I obviously have outs if he flat calls my raise.

How would you approach this situation?

terrellk11 08-20-2007 08:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would stick it in now, as he will call with K or heart, or possibly even worse, also if the heart misses and all he had was a draw you wont get his money unless you get it in on the turn.
and thus, just stick it in now

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

terrellk11 08-20-2007 08:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Next significant hand. This is at same table.

I have 220 behind me. 2 limpers, I raise Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] to 18 from CO. Button calls, villain from hand 1 calls, other limper folds.

<font color="red"> Pot: </font> <font color="blue">$54 </font>
Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Villain from hand 1 checks. He has me covered. I usually bet here. My reasons for checking is because I know that 1st villain is going to call any c-bet on this paired board. I also have not played a hand yet with the button (whom I have covered). Button bets out $26 (1/2 pot). Villain 1 calls without even thinking.

I feel like I potentially have the best hand still. It's a paired board, and the table style is super lag. I might have mis-played not c-betting when I was checked to. It's $26 to see a pot of $106.

How many of you are firing out when they are second to act on the flop here? How often are you betting/checking here in this type of context/situation?

What is the plan up to this point? For rest of hand if we do call?

[/ QUOTE ]

With two opponents and the situation as described, your three options on this flop are to (1) continuation bet 2/3 the pot; (2) check/fold; or (3) check/raise.

The preflop raise is you announcing you're in control of this hand. You get two callers and a reasonable flop (many hands you're raising with preflop have a King), so bet the flop and continue your control of the hand. The reasons you gave for checking (Villain 1 will call any c-bet and you don't know anything about Villain 2) are actually reasons to bet. As you've described him, Villain 1 will call with plenty of hands you have beaten so you're betting for value with respect to him. You know nothing about Villain 2 and this is a good chance to get some information - bet into him and see how he reacts. Don't check into him and cede control of the hand.

Once you've checked, just calling the bet is not really an option. You're now out of position against the new aggressor with a hand that may or may not be best now and even if it is best you're in a reverse implied odds situation where a number of turn/river cards can take you out (flush draws, aces) and only two improve your hand.

I guess I kinda rambled here, but the point remains the same.

terrellk11 08-20-2007 08:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 3:

I am at a new table. Table is less lag and more straight forward poker. I have 325 behind me at this point.

PF: 2 limpers, 1 raise to 18. 1 caller. I have K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in CO. I decide to flat call. SB calls, folded around. 4 to the flop, I have position and have everyone covered.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Initial raiser bets $35. 2 folds to me. I do not put him on a 9 here. He could have an overpair, or possibly a pocket pair, maybe KJs or AJs. Maybe two overs? Its really hard to put people at 1/2 at foxwoods on hand ranges im finding.

I decide to raise to $100. I know villain is a thinking player, and has shown from other confrontations he is capable of making folds to big re-raises. I obviously have outs if he flat calls my raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. I hate the preflop call here. You've got two early position limpers (and people at the Foxwoods 1/2 tables LOOOVVVVEEE to limp-reraise), a raise to 9x, and three people yet to act. KQs looks pretty but I'm not playing it in this situation.

2. While the pair on board isn't great, the flop is about the best you could have asked for. Flop is fine as played.

Jay Riall 08-20-2007 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Preflop: Hero is dealt Qhttp://legopoker.com/hh/images/diamond.gif Ahttp://legopoker.com/hh/images/club.gif (4 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $4.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $12.00</font>, 2 folds, UTG calls $8.00

Flop: ($25.50) Ahttp://legopoker.com/hh/images/diamond.gif Jhttp://legopoker.com/hh/images/club.gif 2http://legopoker.com/hh/images/diamond.gif (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $18.00</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises all-in to $167.30</font>, Hero ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Checking behind is way better than bet/fold here.

microbet 08-20-2007 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Checking behind is way better than bet/fold here.

[/ QUOTE ]

dl,

Sometimes bet, sometimes check, betting more than checking. Lots of different reasons for either play depending on your history that session and the specific opponent.

cw,

pokerstove. There's a good chance he has diamonds. You still can't call unless this guy is crazy and might have nothing.

terrellk11 08-20-2007 02:02 PM

Villain here is 13.5/8/3 over 5k hands and pulls in a profit at the rate of 12ptbb/100. However, I have played very few hands against him and the information comes from datamining.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $2/$4 Blinds - 9 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $557.80
BB: $400.00
UTG: $516.90
Hero (UTG+1): $753.50
MP1: $396.65
MP2: $156.00
MP3: $530.80
CO: $1,094.40
BTN: $470.70

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (9 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $14.00</font>, 3 folds, CO calls $14.00, BTN calls $14.00, 2 folds

Flop: ($48) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $32.00</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $92.00</font>, BTN folds, Hero calls $60.00

Turn: ($232) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $128.00</font>, Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $128.00 returned to CO

Pot Size: $232.00 ($3 Rake)

BHokie1 08-20-2007 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 3:

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the re-raise on the flop, and I'm calling if he pushes.

If he calls turn the turn could be interesting.

Diamond Lie 08-20-2007 10:51 PM

You definetly have to fold the turn in that AA hand, because theres a very unlikely chance hes betting the turn with a worse hand here, based on the statistics you provide.

Its hard to say more since you have a limited read

I think you have to call the flop raise though and re-evaluate on the turn accordingly. Definetly good c/f on turn

GtrHtr 08-21-2007 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if this guy is only putting money in when he has a hand, then your unlikely to get 2 streets of value here, so checking the turn with the intention of calling a river bet if you miss (obv raising/betting if you boat) is a good idea. also, if he checks blank river id value bet

[/ QUOTE ]

very nice

GtrHtr 08-21-2007 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain here is 13.5/8/3 over 5k hands and pulls in a profit at the rate of 12ptbb/100. However, I have played very few hands against him and the information comes from datamining.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to know the sn.

nh, although you could rr the flop with little worry. I would 4 bet the flop most of the time, but you obv saved money in this hand.