Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Worst Songs Of All Time (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=98428)

XXXL White Tee 04-27-2006 07:39 PM

Re: Worst Songs Of All Time

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Baby tonight is just your night
And I will do you right
Just make a wish on your night
Anything that you ask
I will give you the love of your life, your life, YOUR LIFE, YOUR LIIIIIIIFE

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no Boyz II Men song that should be included on this list. I wanted to be the big dude with the cane who didn't have to sing on any of the songs and just talked.

[/ QUOTE ]

You could definitely pull that off, homie.

Nottom 04-27-2006 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"Steal my sunshine" by Len from around 1999

What a giant pile of crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love this song. I have no idea why.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a perfectly good pop song. I love it, too. 70% of the people posting in this thread seem incapable of differentiating between a historically bad song and a song that they just don't like.

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew people would disagree with me on that, and I also know that these always degenerate into people nameing popular songs they hate. So thats what I did.

Personally, I think the whole idea of a "historically bad" song is absurd. If the song is even remembered, its unlikely to really be the worst song. Truely bad songs (like bad movies) come and go and don't even stay around around long enough for most people to notice them.

As an experiement, take your worst song and look at the album it came off of, its very likely there is a worse song there.

Nottom 04-27-2006 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would like to add my voice to the chorus of people who love that Len song. Uston's post is highly on point.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm quite good at accepting songs that are happy-go-lucky pop numbers for what they are, but this song drove me absolutely insane when it was on the radio. Just to drive home the point, think about what else was on the radio at the same time as this (lots of pop garbage) and yet this was the one song I just absolutely could not listen to.

Green Kool Aid 04-27-2006 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
anything by:

limp bizkit
linkin park
fallout boy

[/ QUOTE ]

limp bizkit kinda sucks, but they have a few catchy toons. i think linkin park and fallout boy are both pretty good though.

Drew16 04-27-2006 09:59 PM

4 Non Blondes - "Whats going on"

Hamish McBagpipe 04-27-2006 10:19 PM

Trio - Da Da Da. "Eich blich dich nicht eich nicht blicht nicht, I don't love you, you don't love me, da da da."

Right Said Fred - The I'm Too Sexy song. But I give them credit. It's like 2 guys with no remote talent at all making a hit.

Money - The Flying Lizards. The real dregs.

You young'uns seem to have no idea how bad it was in the early 80s.

mrkilla 04-27-2006 10:41 PM

are you all forgetting the suckyness that that "i would walk 5000 miles" song was. 3 of the most basic guitar cords repeated over and over , a monkey could of wrote that

JasonK 04-27-2006 10:43 PM

Yeastie Girls - You Suck.

Burdzthewurd 04-27-2006 10:52 PM

Boyz 2 Men were the last friggin R&B group to have TALENT unlike the crap out there the past few years like B2K. They WERE picked up by Motown Records, I'm not doubting that source for a minute.

Put "I'm Sorry 2004" and about every video shown during Beavis and Butthead on there.

BackedUp 04-27-2006 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Barbie Girl - by Aqua (I think)

[/ QUOTE ]